Become a Patron!

So you guys Power Curve High to Low?

flexsr

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow - just received voopoo drag that has power curve feature of setting power for each second of vape.

It's pretty amazing. I despise Direct Lung Vaping but if set the power curve from HIGH to LOW it's actually pretty Good !

So those with mods that have feature which direction do you prefer and Why ? HIGH to LOW or Opposite ?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I don't use it much but I like high then low the rest of the way

I have a used mod that has settings I never messed with though and it goes low to high, but I like that too?

I guess I just don't really care lol :D

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Played with VPC a bit on my Aegis when I first got it. Tried it both ways and prefer high to low, but never really got into it. I like VW better.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine changes from 110% to 122% to 128% to 124% to 108% to 100%, all in a matter of only half a second, after which it just stays at 100% for the rest of the puff. The wattages that result from these percentages are relative to the wattage I set on my mod so changing the wattage number on the mod causes the entire curve to be scaled accordingly... thereby it automatically stays fine tuned the way I fine tuned it instead of having to keep re-adjusting the curve each and every single time I simply want to adjust the wattage up or down.

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine changes from 110% to 122% to 128% to 124% to 108% to 100%, all in a matter of only half a second, after which it just stays at 100% for the rest of the puff. The wattages that result from these percentages are relative to the wattage I set on my mod so changing the wattage number on the mod causes the entire curve to be scaled accordingly... thereby it automatically stays fine tuned the way I fine tuned it instead of having to keep re-adjusting the curve each and every single time I simply want to adjust the wattage up or down.
Now that's a cool feature! Wonder why more manufacturers don't program that way. So, what mod are you using? Not that I'd run out and get one right away, but might be a consideration the next time I need one. :)

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Now that's a cool feature! Wonder why more manufacturers don't program that way. So, what mod are you using? Not that I'd run out and get one right away, but might be a consideration the next time I need one. :)
I might be wrong but sounds like carambrda is using a DNA device. most other mods do just the curves and you would have to adjust just that, instead of the watt and the mod automatically adjusting the curve for it.

@OP I use the temperature control curve from time to time, but I'm not a huge fan of it on my drag. I hated the wattage curve, it was more of a hassle than an actual helpful feature. But if I used it I would go from med to high or low to med. I don't need a 50-150 watt preheat like most people use it at, in general I don't like hotter vapes so i stay between low and mid range mostly.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As a matter of fact none of the manufacturers program that way. Only the creators of ArcticFox / NFE Tools do, and, these people don't manufacture the mods themselves. I'm using the Wismec Reuleaux RX300 with four Sony VTC5A batteries, albeit these days I'm practically always using one of my mech mods. The RX300 lends itself extremely well for power curves, though. If using a power curve for preheat like I previously described, one thing you have to keep in mind is that the mod in question needs to supply additional power to be able to keep up with the curve. As a result from that, the "Weak Battery" message will appear a lot earlier than normal, i.e. you won't be able to vape the batteries all the way down to 3.2 volts even if you only vape at 150 watts despite the RX300 is actually capable of outputting up to 400 watts. At 168 watts, with the power curve settings I gave, it takes less than 5 hours before it says "Weak Battery". So with this kind of setup, consuming twelve VTC5A batteries per day is called "below average".

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I might be wrong but sounds like carambrda is using a DNA device. most other mods do just the curves and you would have to adjust just that, instead of the watt and the mod automatically adjusting the curve for it.

@OP I use the temperature control curve from time to time, but I'm not a huge fan of it on my drag. I hated the wattage curve, it was more of a hassle than an actual helpful feature. But if I used it I would go from med to high or low to med. I don't need a 50-150 watt preheat like most people use it at, in general I don't like hotter vapes so i stay between low and mid range mostly.
DNA mods are completely useless to me. AFAIK there are no DNA mods that automatically adjust the power curve so you'd have to keep constantly re-connecting to EScribe via USB to adjust it manually, and, also AFAIK, the only 4-battery DNA mod that exists has gone out of production many many months ago (Vaperz Cloud HOG DNA 250).

flexsr

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Like the majority of you all I like high at first followed by low. I find it perfect. Otherwise it gets too hot the other way.

And the temp control I have tried prior to wattage curve was horrible. It would ramp the power down to zero when temp was reached and maybe .25 seconds go back on. Never could dial it in.

I appreciate all input cause one video I caught has the person using low to high. So, it made me wonder what some of you all doing .’ T U :) !

The power curve is absolutely way to go IMO - I not expert though. Been vaping a really long time but I haven’t kept up with technology until doing some research a couple weeks ago.

Quite a few manufacturers are doing it. I pretty sure vaporesso revenger has this feature. And there quite a few others.

I just received the voopoo drag . Surprisingly cheap. It does the curve. It Hits really great ! Perfect for me. Menu system sucks. But watching a video on it and doing it a few times it’s not bad.

I think some mods even let you control power curve from your phone via Bluetooth and it changes it on Mod. Anyone know which one that is ?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Like the majority of you all I like high at first followed by low. I find it perfect. Otherwise it gets too hot the other way.

And the temp control I have tried prior to wattage curve was horrible. It would ramp the power down to zero when temp was reached and maybe .25 seconds go back on. Never could dial it in.

I appreciate all input cause one video I caught has the person using low to high. So, it made me wonder what some of you all doing .’ T U :) !

The power curve is absolutely way to go IMO - I not expert though. Been vaping a really long time but I haven’t kept up with technology until doing some research a couple weeks ago.

Quite a few manufacturers are doing it. I pretty sure vaporesso revenger has this feature. And there quite a few others.

I just received the voopoo drag . Surprisingly cheap. It does the curve. It Hits really great ! Perfect for me. Menu system sucks. But watching a video on it and doing it a few times it’s not bad.

I think some mods even let you control power curve from your phone via Bluetooth and it changes it on Mod. Anyone know which one that is ?
I have no idea which mods let you control the power curve from your phone via Bluetooth. I can't imagine why I would even want such a feature... I just let ArcticFox control my power curve fully automatically with no delay, but nevertheless I feel like I've been ripped off because ArcticFox can't iron my shirt or fetch my slippers.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I like a wave ramp up

I start higher than where I want to vape to boost the coil temp ....lower it in stages for few second then bounce it back up a again ...assuming I make the full 5 second profile

VU Sponsors