Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hmm well I didn't know that happened as I stopped using the forum for the reasons stated in my previous post .. and for the same reasons (regular members being a-holes) I can see why Totally Wicked did what they did, albiet to the hurt of the UKVapers owner. UKV members have done it with lots of vendors and eBayers alike, like rats in a hole.

Vaping Underground has set a standard - a vision designed and set in motion by the vaporjoes network of a belief that members can be adult, self-moderate and know where to draw the line - a principle made very clear from the outset. On occasion a member has drifted and it's been curbed and it's over. Drama has rarely arisen here by regular members and has usually been orchestrated by new members only joining to have a rant.

I think UKVapers didn't have the savvy to build the kind of social environment we have here. The owner and mods were nice people but clearly, from my experience as an ex-member there, allowed its members to take over their forum and stray from its vision with unethical practises - they took advantage and trolled n00bs and anyone that disagreed with them. Other UKV members expressed that for these reasons they would hesitate before posting - if at all. I hate that.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ECF isn't so bad if you don't mind being oppressed and/or treated like a child. other than that....peachy. :)

"I'm not so bad once you get to know me"
images

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ECF was not bad when smokeyjoe was the admin owner operator back in the hayday 07-08 range but when other people were hired to take that workload off him it became something different. which is why i stepped down from being a mod there and moved on to other places till VU came along now i am a antiantivillain :D @antiantihero

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF was not bad when smokeyjoe was the admin owner operator back in the hayday 07-08 range but when other people were hired to take that workload off him it became something different. which is why i stepped down from being a mod there and moved on to other places till VU came along now i am a antiantivillain :D @antiantihero
No truer words spoken^^ I loved SJ. he was fair and mingled with the members and cared, you were a real person , not a dollar sign.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I Drop a Drop. The tank is on the table. my hand is on the table. The 180 Watt is the Mod. Vanilla/Cream. Might have a sale. 100000/ units.
ok, why can I not edit my posts? The above was to shine a light on our obvious need for meds and psychiatric observation.
It's ok, I'm still trying to find the "any" key on my keyboard.

antiantihero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Show Host
Reviewer
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I would be the perfect mod for any forum. I have an inferiority complex. My hobbies include abuse of power and general maliciousness. My best qualification is a general bitterness against the whole of mankind i work through via being a control freak to strangers on the internet. So......we talk about salary now?

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would be the perfect mod for any forum. I have an inferiority complex. My hobbies include abuse of power and general maliciousness. My best qualification is a general bitterness against the whole of mankind i work through via being a control freak to strangers on the internet. So......we talk about salary now?
fqI0B-Sf-k-Vn81yzhFDNg2.jpg

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I know from long-time experience as a forum mod and admin that those that ask in private usually are not ones that would be good team members. They usually just want the title but not the work that goes along with it.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So choose your social networks more carefully in future

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

i noticed that general bitterness last night when you refused to reciprocate my greeting. :p

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
to be fair 1. with 450 people talking at you , you might miss a hello. 2. you never mentioned you were a red headed vampire.
1. there were only 426 people at the time :p
2. wasn't it obvious? :D

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
too late.
no_way.gif

Miss Kelli,

You of all people should know that your "Uncle" "Wuvs" you!

Out of how many members of the forum,how many of them have sent you multiple..........................

BOOGERS ?

What more can I do to let you know you are "Special"?

And that you need to wear a helmet?:p

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Miss Kelli,

You of all people should know that your "Uncle" "Wuvs" you!

Out of how many members of the forum,how many of them have sent you multiple..........................

BOOGERS ?

What more can I do to let you know you are "Special"?

And that you need to wear a helmet?:p

a booger helmet? oh btw....i wuv you too.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Great Idea Miss Kelli!

Wow, a BOOGER helmet.................

Thinking I should get a patent.

I think I can get enough BOOGERS to produce them for years just mining them from under the seats and desk of the US Congress, House and the Senate. And the Good Lord only knows how many I can get from the Oval Office?

And as backup the Pentagon!

Crap, I will be a Billionaire by the end of 2015!

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great Idea Miss Kelli!

Wow, a BOOGER helmet.................

Thinking I should get a patent.

I think I can get enough BOOGERS to produce them for years just mining them from under the seats and desk of the US Congress, House and the Senate. And the Good Lord only knows how many I can get from the Oval Office?

And as backup the Pentagon!

Crap, I will be a Billionaire by the end of 2015!

just remember your friends. :)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
<<<un-friend me but for the reason that I'd like to pass on a booger helmet. I sincerely trust that they will be of the finest quality and style....but.....just saying.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
<<<un-friend me but for the reason that I'd like to pass on a booger helmet. I sincerely trust that they will be of the finest quality and style....but.....just saying.

?

Hopefully I have not offended you somehow?

Just playing here.

I am well known as a hopeless smartass!

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
just remember your friends. :)

My Dear Miss Kelli,

I would never forget you!

You will indeed get some royalties.

As well as the first generation of Booger helmets.

Sent to you while the covering is still moist.

That way you can just stick it to the wall or ceiling when you are done with it for the day:D

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Got another idea for the Asshat.

Begins with Dick and ends with Head.

But it seems that I am already committed to the Booger Helmet.

Too Little, Too Late................Sigh

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
More and more, I'm seeing moderators with VERY few posts, and even fewer of them actually substantive. I was told that members who 'stand out' as valuable members of the forum are being recruited as staff, but how can you be that 'valuable' with so little input on the site?

I'm started to feel like this is a big ego-stroking competition. Not happy about it, either. I'm not sure that I would *want* to accept to position if offered one, if this is how things are going to be run. For users like @CaFF, @Hobby Kid, and @Whiskey, I can see that they are doing an amazing job.

There's a moderator on this site with barely over FIFTY posts. How the hell did this happen?

antiantihero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Show Host
Reviewer
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
More and more, I'm seeing moderators with VERY few posts, and even fewer of them actually substantive. I was told that members who 'stand out' as valuable members of the forum are being recruited as staff, but how can you be that 'valuable' with so little input on the site?

I'm started to feel like this is a big ego-stroking competition. Not happy about it, either. I'm not sure that I would *want* to accept to position if offered one, if this is how things are going to be run. For users like @CaFF, @Hobby Kid, and @Whiskey, I can see that they are doing an amazing job.

There's a moderator on this site with barely over FIFTY posts. How the hell did this happen?
Cause people have lives outside the internet? just fooling. This article explains why in better detail. http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/...m-a-guy-whose-favorite-movie-is-jurassic-park

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Some of your points are well founded.

And like you pointed out there are some mods that just do not participate and the senior VU staff is in the process of reviewing the contributions of the existing mods and in some cases revoking their moderator status.

And Hobby and Whiskey do indeed make wonderful contributions to VU as well as a few others. With some of them working behind the scenes where you don't see the day to day activities that keep this place up and running as well as keeping things interesting and current .

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Look at the moderator introduction page. There are some with TWENTY posts. Ridonkulous!

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Some of your points are well founded.
I know this is going to sound confrontational, I assure you this isn't my intention... Which of my points are unfounded in rational logic? I understand this is @VaporJoes site, and he can do whatever he wants, whenever and wherever. But if this 'good ole boy' rhetoric continues, it's going to look bad on him for running a site lacking a moral compass. Accountability is important in today's society.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thanks man, but I've ran forums before and I'd really rather just be in the community than be an overlord. I don't do well with stress. ;)

@CaFF is a mod now? and @Hobby Kid largely disappeared. @Whiskey and @UncleRJ are the most interactive mods with the rest of us peons.

FAIK, I'm not a mod or such. Which is fine by me. :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The mod and admin team often get requests from members about becoming a moderator for the forums. We love that members are so excited and interested in this place as to want to join the team, and we thank you for that. However, private messages to individual members of the mod or admin team aren't how we typically recruit help.

We have a pretty simple way of doing things around here. At Vaping Underground, we watch and read and observe our members "in the wild" and handpick those we think would be an asset to the team. We look for tact, personability, an embodiment of the values that shape the underground, regular activity, and reliability. We also keep the team suited to the size of the membership, so while we feel adequately staffed at the moment, as the membership and forums grow, we will add to the team as required.

In short, the best way to be considered for thae team is to be present, active, helpful and friendly.... and to represent the values that shape this forum: freedom, fairness, and reasonability.
Basically
The mod and admin team often get requests from members about becoming a moderator for the forums. We love that members are so excited and interested in this place as to want to join the team, and we thank you for that. However, private messages to individual members of the mod or admin team aren't how we typically recruit help.

We have a pretty simple way of doing things around here. At Vaping Underground, we watch and read and observe our members "in the wildsically" and handpick those we think would be an asset to the team. We look for tact, personability, an embodiment of the values that shape the underground, regular activity, and reliability. We also keep the team suited to the size of the membership, so while we feel adequately staffed at the moment, as the membership and forums grow, we will add to the team as required.

In short, the best way to be considered for the team is to be present, active, helpful and friendly.... and to represent the values that shape this forum: freedom, fairness, as nd reasonability.
To help you guys out the best way is to never question never ever argue with someone that is a arse. Never point out useless information
and basically kiss ass. And ignore thefact that VU was as I thought had no rules.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To help you guys out the best way is to never question never ever argue with someone that is a arse. Never point out useless information
and basically kiss ass. And ignore thefact that VU was as I thought had no rules.
....which is why I changed my mind, after beginning to see the big picture. ;)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ohhh and also never ever be one of the few that actually helps more people out then most of the mods together that gets you no where.
that will not help you.. But see I am already somewhere so I dont care hahaha

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
@CaFF is a mod now? and @Hobby Kid largely disappeared. @Whiskey and @UncleRJ are the most interactive mods with the rest of us peons.

Nope, Caff is not a mod last I checked but he does indeed contribute which I thank him for:D But I wish he would stay away from the Foodie Thread because he will end up making me fat(er) :p Hobby is still watching from behind the magic curtain, has some stuff going on in his life beyond the VU family.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope, Caff is not a mod last I checked but he does indeed contribute which I thank him for:D But I wish he would stay away from the Foodie Thread because he will end up making me fat(er) :p Hobby is still watching from behind the magic curtain, has some stuff going on in his life beyond the VU family.

TY matey...I like it here.

OK, how about some Tiki pix??? :D

Just took this...

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Does your cat need a date?

Evil Uncles Dog.jpg

What wonderful offspring would they have?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At least it's not the iron curtain hey Unc

animals-bright-cat-curtains-cute-floor-Favim.com-43189.jpg

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors