So You Wanna Be a Moderator???

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I honestly think that what and how I do things now would be the same what and hows I would do as a mod. I am just me, I love every one of you, even though I don't quite GET some of you. This forum was desperately needed and most accurately replicates the activity and comraderie found in the best and most successful vape shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I honestly think that what and how I do things now would be the same what and hows I would do as a mod. I am just me, I love every one of you, even though I don't quite GET some of you. This forum was desperately needed and most accurately replicates the activity and comraderie found in the best and most successful vape shops.

I love you all "after concert seeing Ozzy Osbourne"

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This thread was made in response to an inquiry I made to Tyger. After seeing some of the bullshit mods we already have, I have no desire to join their ranks. I'd much rather be able to tell anyone to fuck roight off!

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
This thread was made in response to an inquiry I made to Tyger. After seeing some of the bullshit mods we already have, I have no desire to join their ranks. I'd much rather be able to tell anyone to fuck roight off!

Well, since you mention it..

Yet again and again,

Many of the Bullshit mods you have mentioned are no more for the reasons you have stated and have been deleted from the VU moderator ranks.

Permanently.

And your deepest wish has been granted and you can still feel free to tell anyone to "fuck roight off!"

Just not with the rank of a VU moderator since you so despise us:D

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
"I do hope you would not be too fucked off if I tell you to fuck right off. Now there's a good lad, and I want to express that whilst you do indeed need to fuck right off, I mean it in the kindest possible terms." <<<the British way

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
More and more, I'm seeing moderators with VERY few posts, and even fewer of them actually substantive. I was told that members who 'stand out' as valuable members of the forum are being recruited as staff, but how can you be that 'valuable' with so little input on the site?....There's a moderator on this site with barely over FIFTY posts. How the hell did this happen?

I can explain that simply enough @VapingJunkie..... when we started, we recruited mods we felt had promise..... over time, some have not really found a place or the time to engage as they hoped..... that's ok. We adjust as we go. In fact, we just made some changes to the mod roster to better suit the needs of the forum and the people involved. Change is the only constant, and rest assured that ego-stroking is not part of the criteria we look for.

I know this is going to sound confrontational, I assure you this isn't my intention... Which of my points are unfounded in rational logic? I understand this is @VaporJoes site, and he can do whatever he wants, whenever and wherever. But if this 'good ole boy' rhetoric continues, it's going to look bad on him for running a site lacking a moral compass. Accountability is important in today's society.

I couldn't agree more, accountability *is* important. At the end of the day, the 'good ole boy' perception is just that..... a perception..... but no such rhetoric exists or drives the decisions of the admin team. If you have specific concerns, you are welcome to raise them privately to members of the admin team, myself included.
Basically... To help you guys out the best way is to never question never ever argue with someone that is a arse. Never point out useless information and basically kiss ass. And ignore thefact that VU was as I thought had no rules.

um...... huh? I don't even know how to respond to that....

Ohhh and also never ever be one of the few that actually helps more people out then most of the mods together that gets you no where. that will not help you.. But see I am already somewhere so I dont care hahaha

You don't have to be a mod to help people. Everyone here has that potential and opportunity, and we love when you take it! Helping alone isn't ground to be made a mod, however. We look for people who are calm, reasonable, slow to anger, peacekeepers, and who seem to have a good handle on the values this forum was founded on..... and who embody those values.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would I be kissing ass if I liked Tyger's post??? M...u...s...t...refrain...........

tumblr_me111dNm0R1qc0231_zpsf0e1e5f3.gif

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can explain that simply enough @VapingJunkie..... when we started, we recruited mods we felt had promise..... over time, some have not really found a place or the time to engage as they hoped..... that's ok. We adjust as we go. In fact, we just made some changes to the mod roster to better suit the needs of the forum and the people involved. Change is the only constant, and rest assured that ego-stroking is not part of the criteria we look for.

I couldn't agree more, accountability *is* important. At the end of the day, the 'good ole boy' perception is just that..... a perception..... but no such rhetoric exists or drives the decisions of the admin team. If you have specific concerns, you are welcome to raise them privately to members of the admin team, myself included.

um...... huh? I don't even know how to respond to that....

You don't have to be a mod to help people. Everyone here has that potential and opportunity, and we love when you take it! Helping alone isn't ground to be made a mod, however. We look for people who are calm, reasonable, slow to anger, peacekeepers, and who seem to have a good handle on the values this forum was founded on..... and who embody those values.
Huh!I won't even respond to that.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Yet again and again,

Many of the Bullshit mods you have mentioned are no more for the reasons you have stated and have been deleted from the VU moderator ranks.

Permanently.

And your deepest wish has been granted and you can still feel free to tell anyone to "fuck roight off!"

Please @UncleRJ, don't include yourself in that statement. That was directed towards *some* of the moderators with 10-50 posts. I realize it's not my place to say why they should or shouldn't be mods, but I do know wholeheartedly I no longer wish to be within those ranks. Why I ever did, I have no clue. I already don't have extra time to put towards it, with two jobs and being a full-time student. For the moderators who show a kind temperament and actually *try* to involve themselves in the daily comings-and-goings of this site, I'm thrilled those people are here for when a moderator is actually needed.

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Please @UncleRJ, don't include yourself in that statement. That was directed towards *some* of the moderators with 10-50 posts. I realize it's not my place to say why they should or shouldn't be mods, but I do know wholeheartedly I no longer wish to be within those ranks. Why I ever did, I have no clue. I already don't have extra time to put towards it, with two jobs and being a full-time student. For the moderators who show a kind temperament and actually *try* to involve themselves in the daily comings-and-goings of this site, I'm thrilled those people are here for when a moderator is actually needed.

It's true, @VapingJunkie .... while it's by no means an all-emcompassing endeavor, being a moderator does command a lot of your time. It's a real commitment not everyone can reasonably make. We appreciate all the active members of that team, and even though some post more or log more hours, our goal is to ensure that every member of the mod team is a valuable contributor. Thanks for your comment.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It's true, @VapingJunkie .... while it's by no means an all-emcompassing endeavor, being a moderator does command a lot of your time. It's a real commitment not everyone can reasonably make. We appreciate all the active members of that team, and even though some post more or log more hours, our goal is to ensure that every member of the mod team is a valuable contributor. Thanks for your comment.
Quality over quantity. It's a good position for a retired person like moi. That was meant to be a "for example" and not necessarily a hint.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It was arrogant of me to assume that each and every moderator should make an effort to post, when clearly this is outside my scope of give-a-damn. I apologize to any toes I may have stepped on, and I would like to continue to be a contributing (and mostly-mild-mannered) member of this AMAZING forum. Please don't throw me under the bus! <3 <3 ;)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Yet again and again,

Permanently.

I do not think the @ Vapingjunkie hates the mods nor do We just like to kick our own asses. Of course surely those in the trenches are all blind of course the Admin team meets in the halls of Vape and bones. Now please do not take this serious in fact I have never had a cross word with you @UncleRJ I like you wanna free dog. i have 3 pregnant AKC Female huskies?

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do not think the @ Vapingjunkie hates the mods nor do We just like to kick our own asses. Of course surely those in the trenches are all blind of course the Admin team meets in the halls of Vape and bones. Now please do not take this serious in fact I have never had a cross word with you @UncleRJ I like you wanna free dog. i have 3 pregnant AKC Female huskies?

Hey, the Vape and Bones stuff was supposed to be a secret! *smirk* ;)

that, and... I miss my dog really bad now. If you like huskies, you'd have loved him.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do not think the @ Vapingjunkie hates the mods

Only the ones who throw a pity-party without specifically being mentioned. ;) LoL (JOKING, keep calm and Vape on!)

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Damwow I know being a child of the 80's I wonder if we are seasoned or are we flavored( ejuice) hahaha
I would say my flavor is as of late is PissJuice :)

Or is that "piss'n'vinegar"? LOL ;) ( just pokin' fun.... no disrespect intended)

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know there's gonna be 100 people that try that now, right? ;)
I got mine on EBay. Holds 16 gallons of the finest brew Budweiser ever made. $ 379.00 + Shipping. I recommend it highly. It's on casters so I have it next to my Lazy Boy. Don't even have to get up to get another beer. :cool: Kegs are about $90.00 here in Houston. May differ where you live.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If GOD had not meant People to get high, He would not have provided us with Grapes, Marajuana, Hops& Barley, and other things that make life more fun. There is a time to work, & a time to play, (reap & sow) fits in there some where. Bought my first Dry Herb atty. I suspect it may make my life better. I will let my friends that are this Great Forum know what I find out.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
every time I see this I wonder what kind of mod would I be. for sure mechanical. 18650 mode only probably. maybe an engraving of an electric mixing bowl. all black.recessed button . I would be a kick ass mod for sure.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
This thread has lost the plot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
This thread has lost the plot

Plot is back in place.

I have set things back on their natural course so please continue!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Aye that

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
guess I ruined the moment. ok , ill go back to the DIY cave............ hahahahaha. :D

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
every time I see this I wonder what kind of mod would I be. for sure mechanical. 18650 mode only probably. maybe an engraving of an electric mixing bowl. all black.recessed button . I would be a kick ass mod for sure.
I would be an APV mod made from titanium.. With a triple 510 rotating head for multiple juice selection . :)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I would be an APV mod made from titanium.. With a triple 510 rotating head for multiple juice selection . :)

how about if you just had different barrels inside like one of those multi colored click pens or those bad ass soda machines at burger king. touch a button and it changes. even mid vape so you could try different combos before mixing a recipe. dude you would be a sweet mod also.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
how about if you just had different barrels inside like one of those multi colored click pens or those bad ass soda machines at burger king. touch a button and it changes. even mid vape so you could try different combos before mixing a recipe. dude you would be a sweet mod also.

Actually there once was a mod like that with either two or three small cartos or clearos attached to it..

Novelty item at best and I don't remember much about it than what I have already stated.

But since we are not seeing adds for it, it must have died shortly after its birth.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually there once was a mod like that with either two or three small cartos or clearos attached to it..

Novelty item at best and I don't remember much about it than what I have already stated.

But since we are not seeing adds for it, it must have died shortly after its birth.
It remember seeing that .

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Ok,

Lets please return to the purpose of the original thread here?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
reluctantly, yet relentlessly

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator