Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is from Flavour Art UK.
http://www.flavourart.co.uk/soho-flavour-concentrate.html

soho-mini.jpg

SoHo Flavour Concentrate
SoHo is the captivating new Tobacco-based flavour from FlavourArt Italy, created to impart an intense, dark, flavour sensation. Born to seduce those more accustomed to elegant Italian notes, SoHo offers a sumptuous, rich, and delicious experience. The name SoHo was inspired by the famous New York neighbourhood which is an epitomic union between modernity, History, and multiculturalism, with SoHo's legendary cast-iron architecture mirroring FlavourArt's strength and beauty. The complexity of the ingredients used to create SoHo influenced FlavourArt Italy's decision to release it initially only as a uniquely flavoured base; however, such has been the demand that it is now available as a flavour concentrate in 10ml and 100ml bottles.
Please note that because of the complex formulation involved in the production of SoHo, the amount of flavouring required is more than the usual flavourings. We suggest using 20% SoHo flavouring when making up your liquid. To this effect, we have reduced the price of SoHo accordingly.

WOW 20% flavour. Must be a mistake or very week??:eek::confused:o_O

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
because of the complex formulation involved in the production of SoHo

WOW 20% flavour. Must be a mistake or very week??:eek::confused:o_O

hmmm definitely has to be something going on there for them to set that up that way... but can't complain when they are lowering the price to compensate... gotta love FlavourArt for taking care of their customer base!

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hmmm definitely has to be something going on there for them to set that up that way... but can't complain when they are lowering the price to compensate... gotta love FlavourArt for taking care of their customer base!
You might get it cheaper if you buy directly from them but will that get passed on by the Canadian and American suppliers? So far my supplier has not. But at 20% I don't think I even want to try it.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Two bottles of this stuff just arrived from across the sea today, sixteen smackers in shipping it cost me.

For that, I've got to spout my appreciation for this flavoring. I've heard from other sources that it tastes quite a bit like the base tobacco used in a lot of Indigo Vapor recipes, and I've got to concur on that. It's a familiar taste, no doubt. I think it tastes like a smoother, more refined version of Flavor Express' Golden Virginia, maybe even Buckabee & Heinz.

At super low ratios (like, normal FA ratios) it's obviously somewhat muted but draws a decent 'base' for tobacco stuff to sit on top of. At 15% (I'm a chicken, it's FlavourArt after all, and that was as high as I was willing to go at the moment) it's a teetering-on-sweet, woodsy 'backy without the sharp smack of ... I want to say something nutty, that FE Golden Virginia has. But then, I've really only just mixed these up in the past twenty minutes or so. Still way too new into this flavor to really give any kind of even half-hearted attempt at descriptions.

I'm excited to keep playing with this. I think, at this point, I'm more or less dedicated to figuring something good to do with this, as I can't say that FE has left very good, ever-lasting impressions with my tastebuds. But I'm in it to win it, I've paid my dues and sat watching my package snooze in customs for three days, I'm gonna vape every dang last drop of it.

Hopefully. Anyways, just my two mills on the subject - if you want to get a hint at what it tastes like, I'd recommend checking out the FE flavors I mentioned above, mix at a mild 5-6%, and pretend it tastes about 50% better than what you're tasting. That'd be about my best recommendation. Hopefully this, Glory and Joy start getting some backing here in the states, I'd love to play with them without putting my wallet in a suplex every time I want something new.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But I'm in it to win it, I've paid my dues and sat watching my package snooze in customs for three days, I'm gonna vape every dang last drop of it.

at least you know it's now 'well rested'... ;p

edit: PS etc etc.. Thanks for posting on this!

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My mind is swimming with the possibilities I want to try this with. Give it some Oakwood, some vanilla something or another, I want to throw nuts at it and see how that works out. Coconut and cream might like it as well. Fun little flavor. So many ideas, so little time to actually do anything with it. Can't wait for this weekend.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Niagara - Hello, nice to get the input- thank you!

@burley
yes it seems still a bit hard to track down so far .. will be trying it out when I do!

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Personally I build SoHo with meringue, 15%, 2% I have also used our new Pistachio and fresh cream at 1% each. Both I love. This was 1 kilo of SoHo last month.

Soho just arrived yesterday in the mail and I couldn't wait to try it. Mixed this recipe up last night. First of all, I'm not a big tobacco vape anything person, but after saying that this stuff is really really good!!!! I'm already regretting not ordering more. A lot of possibilities here with this one. Haven't tried it as a stand alone yet, but I'm convinced it would be good on its own as well.

Tried it with some FA joy and marshmallow too. A bit sweet but not bad at all either. For new vapors looking for that somewhat tobacco taste to those who have been vaping for a long time and even those convinced they don't like tobacco flavors this is worth a try. I imagine it'll get even better after steeping for awhile. (need to make a larger batch and not touch it as difficult as that may be)

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been vaping the SoHo and Meringue combo for a couple of days now (in rotation). It's just OK. Perhaps I need to adjust the percentages to hit the 'wow' factor.

I'll give int a go with the Joy (as yet untried) and marshmallow to see if I get better results.

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I prefer the meringue much more. I'm going to try a bunch of different combinations this weekend. I won't have much time until then to do any mixing.

I tried it at 20%, after one week steeping and is not strong enough. I've added 10% more and I will see. The taste is very intresting, but weak.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, hi ... 'you folks still hanging out here?

My, my ... times and tastes change, don['t they? I was surprised to see the opinion I posted above as I kept returning to that concoction (SoHo 15-18% with 2-3% Meringue) and in rotation, it became favored, then a favorite as it remains.

Last night, AAMOF*, I mentioned to my wife that I really need to whip up another recipe we like as much as we do this combo which I've respectfully dubbed (and labeled) 'Niagara.'

*AFAIK, there was no textie for 'As a matter of fact, so I made one. Old guys can do that kind of thing. Suck it, youth!

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried it at 20%, after one week steeping and is not strong enough. I've added 10% more and I will see. The taste is very intresting, but weak.
I'm with you there!! I finally tried this SOHO and tried it stand alone at 4% (Did not taste anything) them 8% (Still Did not taste anything) Then 15% (Still Did not taste anything) Finally at 20% now I tasted something but just barley and can't figure out what it tastes like???? And yes what ever it is is week. Could be a little expensive for mixing when going that high or higher.:confused:

CYGNUX1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I buyed SOHO here in Canada and i mix it @ 9% and it is right on the spot in 70-30 VG-PG.

VU Sponsors