Become a Patron!

Solid silver firing pin worth the $

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it worth upgrading to a solid silver firing pin?
I'm tired of polishing my copper pin in my comp lyfe mod every week to keep voltage lost to a minimum. The silver pin is $50. What would I benefit from this upgrade?

Mind you the 510 pin on my Ti goon is solid silver. I haven't needed to clean it yet and it's been in use heavy each day for the last few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes it is, better performance and less maintenance

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If that is the only option yes.... if a cheap SS pin is available. Do that.. silver isn't THAT much better.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Disagree, every silver upgrade I have done there is a noticeable difference

I would bet on NO Personal experience with the person who says differently. Guesses are not personal 1st hand experience like you appear to be basing your opinion on. Cheers

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If that is the only option yes.... if a cheap SS pin is available. Do that.. silver isn't THAT much better.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Ss?????
Every single mod I own that is made of ss sucks. From hot button issues to low voltage.
I also super subohm, like between 0.07 > 0.10. Nothing higher than 0.10 Ever.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have 2 Driptech DS mods. I bought a silver kit from Desire Designs and put all the parts in one of them.
I wanted to see if there was a difference.
Put freshly charged batteries in both. Vaped on the one with stock parts, then put the same RDA on the silver upgraded one.
The only difference I noticed was the Silvered one hit a little harder for about a half hour until the batteries started to weaken.
Then it was exactly the same vape as the other.
In my opinion, I wasted $30 on the silver kit.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Put freshly charged batteries in both. Vaped on the one with stock parts, then put the same RDA on the silver upgraded one.
The only difference I noticed was the Silvered one hit a little harder for about a half hour until the batteries started to weaken.
Then it was exactly the same vape as the other.
In my opinion, I wasted $30 on the silver kit.

That could be dependent on condition, age and quality of the batteries Proof of concept to me is the Silver Hit harder for Half an Hour. Same batteries I assume?

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That could be dependent on condition, age and quality of the batteries Proof of concept to me is the Silver Hit harder for Half an Hour. Same batteries I assume?
Yes, VTC5A's in both. Batteries purchased April this year

VU Sponsors