Become a Patron!

Solved figured out.

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
So it's happened twice now. Both Wotofo products won't drop any names just yet but man it pisses me off to pay full price for a $8 clone. Can places do that? One store is a known store in Hawaii. Thw other is well known feom China but don't think I will get any where with the Chinese.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So it's happened twice now. Both Wotofo products won't drop any names just yet but man it pisses me off to pay full price for a $8 clone. Can places do that? One store is a known store in Hawaii. Thw other is well known feom China but don't think I will get any where with the Chinese.

Can you show the link to the products from the vendors?

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
What got me wondering if what I had was authentic. The smm was leaking where the glass meets the deck. Did the obvious changed o rings and glass same issue the glass don't line up right it over hangs on on side and smooth on the other. One glass is to big other is to small. So I checked my other stuff. No issues with other tank besides the authenticity code.

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Can you show the link to the products from the vendors?
That what info you was asking for? I have contacted both. One said they don't sell clones (Eciggity) not sure what they are going to do other hasn' responded yet. I have no problem with clones some are better. But paying full price and defective product. Has me irritated.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Are you sure they aren't just leaky or need a different wicking method?

Leaky doesn't automatically mean clone

I've never known either site to clones as authentic - probably made at least 20 purchases from FT over the years and at least four from Eciggity

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
It's leaking on the bottom where the glass tube tank piece and the deck meet not out of the airflow. It leaks and comes out on one side so if I adjust the Glass piece to one side it will leak from that side. If that makes sense.

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Guess what im saying i dont know if they are clones I'm just going by Wotofo authentication it says the codes don't exist. I can't say if Eciggity knew or not as for the mini from fasttech works great no issue at all. I could just have a defective product. I'm still investigating.

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
It happened here locally also to me they didn't know they bought cloned stuff. They decided to give me other things for compensation they didnt replace the product. I didn't ask for it nor want anything. At most exchange or fund Just wondering if anyone else ran into this before.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Eciggity does sell clones at times, but they're clearly identified. I've ordered from them a few times, solid customer service and fast shipping. They're not in the habit of selling clones as authentic. If anything it's quite possible that wotofo's authentication system is glitched, wouldn't be the first one. Many times authentic devices come back with an error when trying to authenticate via the site, doesn't automatically mean they're clones.

If there's an issue with the glass and fitment, customer service (at eciggity) should work with you on it. They may have you send it back or they may just send you another and tell you to keep it. That's what they did when I ordered a kfv4 clone, they accidentally sent me the kfv5. I offered to return and they said keep it, sent the correct one out right away.

FT also usually specifies if it's clone or authentic. Not sure about customer service direct with china, that might a pain in the butt between language barrier and lengthy shipping plus high cost of return shipping.

My ammit glass doesn't leak, it seals but where the glass meets the deck and upper locking ring with juice fill ports, the glass is a little too big. It doesn't match up 100% perfect and while tightening it the glass shifts a little offset. Sometimes I have to hold it and carefully tighten to keep the glass centered. Authentic products can have issues.

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Eciggity does sell clones at times, but they're clearly identified. I've ordered from them a few times, solid customer service and fast shipping. They're not in the habit of selling clones as authentic. If anything it's quite possible that wotofo's authentication system is glitched, wouldn't be the first one. Many times authentic devices come back with an error when trying to authenticate via the site, doesn't automatically mean they're clones.

If there's an issue with the glass and fitment, customer service (at eciggity) should work with you on it. They may have you send it back or they may just send you another and tell you to keep it. That's what they did when I ordered a kfv4 clone, they accidentally sent me the kfv5. I offered to return and they said keep it, sent the correct one out right away.

FT also usually specifies if it's clone or authentic. Not sure about customer service direct with china, that might a pain in the butt between language barrier and lengthy shipping plus high cost of return shipping.

My ammit glass doesn't leak, it seals but where the glass meets the deck and upper locking ring with juice fill ports, the glass is a little too big. It doesn't match up 100% perfect and while tightening it the glass shifts a little offset. Sometimes I have to hold it and carefully tighten to keep the glass centered. Authentic products can have issues.
Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure what to make of it. Was thinking that Wotofo site was glitched. Starting to sound like it. Must just be a defect it happens. Didn't want to be a jerk and concluded it must be a "clone"... I'm new to all of this you could say.. thanks

vapemesilly

Member For 4 Years
The SMM is a leaky unit. Mine leaks. Everyone I know that has one has leaks. They are great flavor tanks IMO but they are poorly made.

VU Sponsors