Become a Patron!

Solved. Need help replacing 3yo mod

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Basically I'm looking for a durable mod that will last. I have been using an ipv3 original for about 3 years, almost since it came out. It has worked but I feel as if there are more efficient mods out there.

I am interested in a mod that will look good with 30mm tanks, aromamizer plus to be exact. I like the look of the G Class but not sure how it compares to other mods. I have always thought DNA mods where superior though I have never owned one. I mainly use watts though i would like to try temp control. The wire of choice is stainless so I could go either way. I vape between 90 and 120 so I want a mod that hits at least 150 but prefer one that will go higher in case I need it to. I don't prefer 3 battery mods. Never liked the look of the reuleaux or triade.

Not sure what else to add. Thanks for any help given.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is your price range? You could always check out mad modder or armageddon; they make large, lipo powered DNA 250's with some customization.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Basically I'm looking for a durable mod that will last. I have been using an ipv3 original for about 3 years, almost since it came out. It has worked but I feel as if there are more efficient mods out there.

I am interested in a mod that will look good with 30mm tanks, aromamizer plus to be exact. I like the look of the G Class but not sure how it compares to other mods. I have always thought DNA mods where superior though I have never owned one. I mainly use watts though i would like to try temp control. The wire of choice is stainless so I could go either way. I vape between 90 and 120 so I want a mod that hits at least 150 but prefer one that will go higher in case I need it to. I don't prefer 3 battery mods. Never liked the look of the reuleaux or triade.

Not sure what else to add. Thanks for any help given.
IPV mods are very very durable, for TC I would definitely go with the G class you mentioned if you can afford it! I'm after a G class myself but just can't afford one but your right about DNA mods doing good TC too. The hohmwrecker G2 does good TC if you can find one & fits your needs for a durable mod. It's ugly an bulky but it performs really well.
I love my minikin V2 too but I wouldn't give it a pass for TC unfortunately.
If you wanna spend less the speeder does good TC but Yihi mods or a DNA mod will definitely be better.
Sounds like you vape high too so maybe the Triade DNA mod will suite you well as it has 3 batteries.
I'm happy with dual batteries but don't go above 50 watts.
If you go with the G class ill be so jealous lmao

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
IPV mods are very very durable, for TC I would definitely go with the G class you mentioned if you can afford it! I'm after a G class myself but just can't afford one but your right about DNA mods doing good TC too. The hohmwrecker G2 does good TC if you can find one & fits your needs for a durable mod. It's ugly an bulky but it performs really well.
I love my minikin V2 too but I wouldn't give it a pass for TC unfortunately.
If you wanna spend less the speeder does good TC but Yihi mods or a DNA mod will definitely be better.
Sounds like you vape high too so maybe the Triade DNA mod will suite you well as it has 3 batteries.
I'm happy with dual batteries but don't go above 50 watts.
If you go with the G class ill be so jealous lmao
I appreciate the response. I have looked at the hohmwrecker and would like one but it doesn't check off the boxes I'm looking for. One being able to look decent with 30mm atties. The other is I would like to have balanced charging for the odd times that I'm hurting for a charge. Example out and forgot batteries or the didn't last as long as I'd hoped. Or on the way home from work and find out the batteries just died.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What is your price range? You could always check out mad modder or armageddon; they make large, lipo powered DNA 250's with some customization.
Sorry didn't see your post. At most $200 maybe 220 or so but the 300-400 some of the big Lipo box mods charge are too high for me. Not to mention I'd really like to hold one they seem really big. Maybe the g class is big too but it doesn't look too large.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry didn't see your post. At most $200 maybe 220 or so but the 300-400 some of the big Lipo box mods charge are too high for me. Not to mention I'd really like to hold one they seem really big. Maybe the g class is big too but it doesn't look too large.
They are quite big and expensive. I'm more of a single battery mod person but plenty of people will chime in with suggestions.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I appreciate the response. I have looked at the hohmwrecker and would like one but it doesn't check off the boxes I'm looking for. One being able to look decent with 30mm atties. The other is I would like to have balanced charging for the odd times that I'm hurting for a charge. Example out and forgot batteries or the didn't last as long as I'd hoped. Or on the way home from work and find out the batteries just died.
Sorry I forgot you wanted it too accommodate 30mm attys!
I can't think of any that do off top off my mod. There are some like the Fuchai duo but your budget will get you something way better than that!
I've never used an atty above 26 mm but I want the mod father so ill next a mod that takes 30mm too soon. I'm gonna have a look an get back to you :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does the G class accommodate 30mm attys?? If it does I'm gonna save some money and get it next month!

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All things considered, the G Class is probably the most capable mod available. A bit large for 2 batteries but fits 31.5 mm atty. It's still pocket friendly, (men's jeans) and great in the hand. Yeah, pretty fricken expensive, but honestly the best money I've spent on vaping gear.

Otherwise, remove the 30mm requirement and the Aspire Speeder is one heck of a TC mod for a fraction the price.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All things considered, the G Class is probably the most capable mod available. A bit large for 2 batteries but fits 31.5 mm atty. It's still pocket friendly, (men's jeans) and great in the hand. Yeah, pretty fricken expensive, but honestly the best money I've spent on vaping gear.

Otherwise, remove the 30mm requirement and the Aspire Speeder is one heck of a TC mod for a fraction the price.
I love my Speeder but prefer my minikin V2 but I can honestly say the speeder was $50.00 less an does TC better.
The G class is absolutely amazing, I tried my mates & I'm laying off vape gear (apart from coils/liquid etc...) till I get my g class.
Can in all confidence say I won't need another mod for a while when I get my YiHi vape :D

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
8BkgiwT.jpg

Found a replacement!! It's really nice though I feel as though temp control doesn' have enough power for me. Next i need to get an Aromamizer Plus and a red drip tip. I looked for an 810 carbon fiber drip tip but I can' find one.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

A bit larger for a 2 battery? This thing was much smaller than I imagined lol. My ipv3 was wider and taller. I figured the 31mm thickness would be huge but nope it's very comfortable.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
8BkgiwT.jpg

Found a replacement!! It's really nice though I feel as though temp control doesn' have enough power for me. Next i need to get an Aromamizer Plus and a red drip tip. I looked for an 810 carbon fiber drip tip but I can' find one.
Nice choice! That is on my wish list but will be in a couple months cos it's pricey!

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those are beautiful mods !! Glad you like it. I would get one but my DNA Mods serve my purpose well and just never could justify the expense.

8BkgiwT.jpg

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Those are beautiful mods !! Glad you like it. I would get one but my DNA Mods serve my purpose well and just never could justify the expense.
My final deciding factor was how it felt. It feels solid. I have also seen it torn down and it looks to be built solid. I have seen DNA mods with chipping paint. I don't believe this one will chip.

I would love to have a dna mod but the other factor is i have heard of quite a few blowing fuses. If I had multiple good mods then that wouldnt worry me as much.

I had a single mod that I used for the past 3 years and I wanted a mod that would last another 3 years and I believe this fits the bill.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My final deciding factor was how it felt. It feels solid. I have also seen it torn down and it looks to be built solid. I have seen DNA mods with chipping paint. I don't believe this one will chip.

I would love to have a dna mod but the other factor is i have heard of quite a few blowing fuses. If I had multiple good mods then that wouldnt worry me as much.

I had a single mod that I used for the past 3 years and I wanted a mod that would last another 3 years and I believe this fits the bill.
You won't regret it!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What type of wire are you using for TC? Are you using the stock settings or TCR values?

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you know if temp control on the g class has a ramp up? I know the wattage does but it doesn't seem to effect the temp control.
You can use soft/std/pwr/pwr+ curves in TC or power modes. You can also use custom curves with SXI-Q for temp and power.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You can use soft/std/pwr/pwr+ curves in TC or power modes. You can also use custom curves with SXI-Q for temp and power.
I just don't notice a difference between standard powerful and powerful plus while in temp control mode.

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just don't notice a difference between standard powerful and powerful plus while in temp control mode.
Then your base joules are high enough and your coil mass low enough that you're hitting temp quickly enough not to notice. Or, if you're using near the 120J max then there's no more power for those modes to use.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Then your base joules are high enough and your coil mass low enough that you're hitting temp quickly enough not to notice. Or, if you're using near the 120J max then there's no more power for those modes to use.
Oh yeah it's set at 120j 335f

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try bumping up your temp and bringing down your watts. Just for rough reference, on I'm vaping on triple core clapton, .15, duel coil at 460 degrees, 55w. That gives me a pretty warm vape....

I'm using a DNA200 at the moment but I would run the same settings on a Yihi chips with that build in TC.

VU Sponsors