Become a Patron!

Some Flavors Should Not Be Vaped Or Even Made In The First Place

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
If someone could make some ejuice that tasted like Djarum Blacks, that would be awesome.

When I see those things on the counter in gas stations, that's the only time I'm still tempted to buy tobacco products.

Hangsen's DJ Rum is really good to me. It reminds me of the ones I used to get now and then, decades ago, when I could scrounge the cash.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't remember where it was but I saw a jalapeno juice once and thought are you freakin' kidding me.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I purchased a cherry-flavored juice from my local B&M today - Yuck! It smells and tastes of cheap hotel shower gel. Un-frickin'-vapeable!

Come to think of it, most cherry flavorings and ready-made juices I've tried tend to have that atrocious soapy taste. Maybe cherry is one of these flavors that are difficult to get right, like honey.

Figure a necro post we can throw a little necro Youtube and flavors from the dawn of vaping time in here ...

Ginseng. Yup. Something you really dont want to try.

I evidently have like a 25% palette or something (I really dont taste what most people do). So I can pretty much power through the worse vapes. I often go in and torture a crew with doing low ohm 24 nic bacon that they initiate their new hires with at a local shop. Doesn't make me throw up like I've seen others do. And yes, its a regular flavour on the menu right next to maple bacon. *shrug* Some people really like their breakfast vapes.

This stuff? Gads it was nasty. I found some the way most people on a mission find things when "you just gotta know." ... Sure, I cant taste 1/2 of what most people do, but what I can ... oh boy.

Anywho, 5 years ago Grimm Green shared his experience with Ginger. Thought it fit this thread nicely.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anybody try a plain Pomegranate flavor?
Tastes good (at least the one I tried did), but be prepared to either clean your wicks or taste it on top of your next 3-5ml vaped, and then occasionally for the next 20ml after that.

Wish I hadn't tossed it in my Atlantis at the start of a work week.

NexDeus

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Another flavor I notice a lot of companies can't get right is cherry. Most cherry vapes taste like Robitussin. Anyone happen to know of a good cherry vape? It's by far my favorite flavor in everything but e-juice
A bit old of a post but I just through I'd offer a suggestion anyways. Vistavapors.com has a sweedish fish that is really cherry-tastic. That's assuming you like very sweet vapes.

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I bought 10ml of FA Violet. Not really sure why. I haven't even mixed a sample.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think they should make a gasoline flavored e liquid that would be delightful

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I purchased a cherry-flavored juice from my local B&M today - Yuck! It smells and tastes of cheap hotel shower gel. Un-frickin'-vapeable!

Come to think of it, most cherry flavorings and ready-made juices I've tried tend to have that atrocious soapy taste. Maybe cherry is one of these flavors that are difficult to get right, like honey.

Yeah, i would have to agree with you on that one , and thanks for tasting the "cheap hotel shower gel ", was seriously considering sampling that but think i'll hold off for now.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I bought 10ml of FA Violet. Not really sure why. I haven't even mixed a sample.

Oh, so did I!! I haven't tried it out yet, but I had an idea about making something that tasted like the Parma (Palma?) Violets I used to like a gazillion years ago!

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, so did I!! I haven't tried it out yet, but I had an idea about making something that tasted like the Parma (Palma?) Violets I used to like a gazillion years ago!

:) Well post if you do; maybe I will get to try the violet.

Pav

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So noone wants to go in with me on some pickled herring juice?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think just violet and sugar - can't imagine what else is in it! Maybe the straight violet will do it :) I guess I'll have to give it a go.
Chickenmonkey posted a parma violet. Did you ever mix it? I don't have violet, or I'd try it out.

Byter

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watermelon Frost. Mint and watermelon were never meant to coexist!

But I know that can't top Durian. Now that's a way to ruin a tank and coil!

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
We need a roofies flavor, slip it in an unsuspected tank & see what happens. I tried a fast tech cola juice once, that 30 ml hit the trash fairly quickly after I tried to mix it with about everything, just tasted like fizzy soda water and feet. I don't buy much from fast tech anymore, no juices, maybe the occasional little stand, but that's it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't like the first part of that idea at all. That's kind of scary.

Unclepuffs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So tonight, I gave my last bottle from my Craft Vapery box a try. I hadn't even opened it yet because I was scared to try it just from what the card said. Tonight I figured what the hell?

Its Cucumber Citrus. It smelled like Cucumber peelings and tasted like salted cukes on the inhale and...lemon pledge on the exhale. I just cleaned my tank of it and put the bottle in the way back of my rack. I loaded my strongest menthol and hope to be free of the cuke/pledge after taste soon!

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does a strong menthol help clear out flavors? Ive got like 5 bdc, and a couple bvc tainted with fruit. Ive just been soaking in vodka, and letting them dry over night. helps, but there is a hint of the old stuff for a few mls.
Another soapy flavor- watermelon from evape.us.
I love jeager. Where to find a good licorice?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does a strong menthol help clear out flavors? Ive got like 5 bdc, and a couple bvc tainted with fruit. Ive just been soaking in vodka, and letting them dry over night. helps, but there is a hint of the old stuff for a few mls.
Another soapy flavor- watermelon from evape.us.
I love jeager. Where to find a good licorice?

I think a strong menthol might linger in your tank even more than the other flavors! Baking soda sometimes helps.

Unclepuffs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The strong menthol was for my mouth not my tank.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Remember what brand? I love Guinness!
I'm so sorry. I haven't visited Vapingunderground for a while. Just noticed your question. It was ECBlends. I hardly ever order from them any more, but as a beginner, it was a go-to site for me. I hope the chocolate malt is still as good as it was.

BloodR3dNinja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm so sorry. I haven't visited Vapingunderground for a while. Just noticed your question. It was ECBlends. I hardly ever order from them any more, but as a beginner, it was a go-to site for me. I hope the chocolate malt is still as good as it was.
Thanks. I'll have to check it out

VU Sponsors