Become a Patron!

Some guidance withy quad coil build.

BottleFed_2J_6766

Member For 3 Years
So I just picked up a wismec reuleaux rx200s cause I needed a new vape. Also got a posiden quad coil rda just for chasing. I have 3 efest 18650 in it. I built it with some normal run of the mill kanthal 24g wrapped 7 times and put them in the rda on a diagonal and I'm using some of my buddies Japanese organic cotton. My juice is 100% vg with super low nic. I've only ran it up to 65w and it is alright. Not as happy with it as I want to be. I'm running .10 ohms as of now. I've never really tried to chase before so I am looking for some advice. What gauge and type of wire is preferred? Will the "exotic" wrapping styles (Clapton, braided, etc) help at all ? Also what kind of cotton is recommended? I thanks to all in advance for the help.

Last edited:

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For starters ditch the effests.... their not a battery you want to use especially for cloud chasing... anyway how did you wick it? I know you used Japanese cotton but there's different ways to wick it. Maybe a pic or 2 of the coils might help as well.. you don't need the super tech type coils to blow clouds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

BottleFed_2J_6766

Member For 3 Years
For starters ditch the effests.... their not a battery you want to use especially for cloud chasing... anyway how did you wick it? I know you used Japanese cotton but there's different ways to wick it. Maybe a pic or 2 of the coils might help as well.. you don't need the super tech type coils to blow clouds

I'll try to post a picture or two after I get out of class. Why are the Efest not good? I read and seen pretty things about them and I know they're not a cloud chasing battery per say but I'm not just cloud chasing with this mod. I used for individual pieces of cotton and tucked a majority of the tails into the well and then the top side I pushed back down towards the well area also. I made sure they were pretty good in terms of thickness and snugness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'll try to post a picture or two after I get out of class. Why are the Efest not good? I read and seen pretty things about them and I know they're not a cloud chasing battery per say but I'm not just cloud chasing with this mod. I used for individual pieces of cotton and tucked a majority of the tails into the well and then the top side I pushed back down towards the well area also. I made sure they were pretty good in terms of thickness and snugness.

an rx200 plus efest batteries plus cloud chasing doesn't sound like a good combo to be honest
the rx has 510 issues and thin wiring. you'll feel it getting hot when using high wattage
efest batts are rewrapped batteries that are grossly overrated. stick to LG, samsung and sony. good options for a regulated mos like the RX200 would be samsung 30q or 25r, LG HG2 or HE4, or Sony VCT6, VCT5a

BottleFed_2J_6766

Member For 3 Years

08a7d29d803ff4c0cfb5ff55b1e11a98.jpg

Here is a picture. I know I should have put them vertical so the cotton comes straight down into the well and then leave a wick on top intertwining but I accidentally started building it for a dual coil set up and just went with it to see what it'd be like. I'm also curious about temp control and people opinions on that as well. I'm going to get some different batteries so I can switch them for cloudy occasions.

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
08a7d29d803ff4c0cfb5ff55b1e11a98.jpg

Here is a picture. I know I should have put them vertical so the cotton comes straight down into the well and then leave a wick on top intertwining but I accidentally started building it for a dual coil set up and just went with it to see what it'd be like. I'm also curious about temp control and people opinions on that as well. I'm going to get some different batteries so I can switch them for cloudy occasions.

I would turn the coils so the face of the coil is facing the airflow slots. It'll give you better production. And for a 0.1 coil, I would personally run it around 150 watts

BottleFed_2J_6766

Member For 3 Years
I would turn the coils so the face of the coil is facing the airflow slots. It'll give you better production. And for a 0.1 coil, I would personally run it around 150 watts

Thank you, haven't thought to even try it that high. I'll give it Worl. Definitely need to get more wire and build better ones. I wanna try some temperature control stuff but never really used those functions before.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you, haven't thought to even try it that high. I'll give it Worl. Definitely need to get more wire and build better ones. I wanna try some temperature control stuff but never really used those functions before.

They all pretty much nailed it on explaining it everything.

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

No problem bud. I just checked my current build. 145 watts @ 0.13ohms = 4.27volts. Hitting like a champ. Dual parallel 24g N80. I don't use temp wire. I've tried and it was more of a pain then an enjoyment. If your trying to produce a lot of vape, stick with kanthal or Nichrome (try Nichrome) and you'll get some great plumes!!!

BottleFed_2J_6766

Member For 3 Years
So I had it at 150, and it's pretty good (didn't check the volts but I will tomorrow morning) but the rda does get rather hot rather so it's hard to hit big. Hopefully tc will fix it. I'm at 130ish now with ease but the rx200s is taking it like a champ. Gets a little warm that's it, but I've been hitting like a red headed step child the last few hours lol. Definitely starting to chuck some clouds even on a quickly put together and not perfect set up though. Not liking my juice as much so that's kinda a bummer cause I just got it so I'm gonna try to just plow through this 30ml like it's my job hah. I'm picking up some 24g titanium wire and gonna tool around with tc but not sure about how I'll set it up yet in terms of the wraps and diameters. I'm also gonna get some different cotton just to test some other options (recommendations welcome) also still gonna try to run .10-.14 ohms. But open to other suggestions. Thanks to everyone who's helped! Super supportive forum and thrilled that I've gotten the help I need. I will update as I get the new goodies.

Side note - going to look into batteries soon, just need to finish Christmas shopping (December is a money drainer )

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I had it at 150, and it's pretty good (didn't check the volts but I will tomorrow morning) but the rda does get rather hot rather so it's hard to hit big. Hopefully tc will fix it. I'm at 130ish now with ease but the rx200s is taking it like a champ. Gets a little warm that's it, but I've been hitting like a red headed step child the last few hours lol. Definitely starting to chuck some clouds even on a quickly put together and not perfect set up though. Not liking my juice as much so that's kinda a bummer cause I just got it so I'm gonna try to just plow through this 30ml like it's my job hah. I'm picking up some 24g titanium wire and gonna tool around with tc but not sure about how I'll set it up yet in terms of the wraps and diameters. I'm also gonna get some different cotton just to test some other options (recommendations welcome) also still gonna try to run .10-.14 ohms. But open to other suggestions. Thanks to everyone who's helped! Super supportive forum and thrilled that I've gotten the help I need. I will update as I get the new goodies.

Side note - going to look into batteries soon, just need to finish Christmas shopping (December is a money drainer )

Gotta love the season of giving lol. Use steam-engine to guide your coil wraps. I honestly love that site and still use it from time to time as a double check before I build.

With high power, your device/RDA will get hot, it's expected. Try not to chain vape too much with that much power. It'll wear down on your device quickly. I have two mods I run when I have really high power and I want to chain vape...

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
use steam engine, to calculate.. but.. try dual parallel coils. Say 2 strands, 7 or 8 wraps on a 3.5mm id core.
and efest are factory 2nds, sold in bulk with a company label stuck to them.. so no idea what the internal chemistry is. Which for cloud chasing is a very important bit of information, since it determines how hot your battery will get. They are probably rewrapped sony, lg or samsung, but since they are factory 2nds, they have failed quality control tests. When you are putting something in your mouth that can blow gas above 212F (boiling point of water) It is kind of important to KNOW what your battery is and that they passed all QC tests, don't ya think?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Few suggeations.
1 your on a regulated mod. Resistance isn't that important. Just stay above the minimum.
2 parallels are for mechs
3 don't use Ti wire. Get some SS wire for temp control. Here is my TC build I'm throwing in my Modfather right now. SS316L staggered fused claptons. 3mm ID 9 wraps.
2ab80e44e09bf9fe615a08721a4dd607.jpg

4 careful with that rx. It's getting warm cause the wiring is thin inside. If your gonna vape at Super high wattages I'd suggest throwing some money into a better build mod. Not required by any means just a recommendation.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors