Become a Patron!

Some issues with my Nautilus Mini

So I'm new to vaping and I purchased the iTaste VV battery and the Nautilus Mini tank.

After two days of using this. The coil already burned out. There was a HEAVY charcoal taste that was really bad.

Before I started tasting the bad flavor however. I noticed it was gurgling very loudly. Now keep in mind also I had also taken the tank apart and cleaned it thoroughly to try to fix this.

Anyways, after I replaced the coil, it still tasted bad. So I cleaned it all with water again and the taste improved, but the very loud gurgling was still there and it still tastes bad... bearable, but bad. I have a feeling it's only gonna be a matter of a day before it's unbearable again.

Some things to keep in mind about this is I almost never had the power above 4.2 volts.

I've tried a few methods to prime it etc. like blowing into the vape without pressing the button. and viseversa.

I'm really frustrated over this. Especially because I paid $80 for this unit.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think the new Nautilus coils actually do better at higher power settings. Have you tried that?

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To fix gurgling without taking your tank apart, alls you gotta do is take the mouth piece off, cover the top hole of the tank ( where the mouth piece was) with a paper towel, and then swing your tank up and down in the air to force the liquid out of the middle tube, onto the paper towel. This solves my gurgling every time.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When changing to new coil I just rinse and make sure everything is dry with paper towel, I start with 1.8mm air hole...take a few puffs and let it prime hour or so, then few more puffs until dry hit is over and set to 1.4mm

My habit after you fill tank, hold the air hole with finger and then flip tank and release your finger so you get that pressure in tank

I don't really bother with soaking them for more life, they are usually good 2 weeks for me, just be careful not to over fill and flood the tank or it will gurgle, I never have that issue but then again I also build my own coils for my other tanks so I am more aware of the don't s

I've actually tried all of your suggestions, except for turning the voltage up higher. I usually keep mine on 4.2. What do you recommend I put it on for the longest coil life?

I can get the gurgling to stop for a short while by using some of these suggestions but it still hisses really loud and the gurgling comes right back.

I'm going back to the vape shop today, I'll let you guys know what he does/says.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's your preference, I do mine at 4.4v 14.5 watts, depends on the juice for me

Last edited:

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a few of these nautilus .... regular and Mini. They work well when they work, but they are sometimes a bit sketchy. It seems like some new heads are bad and some arent. I do like to vape them in the large hole setting , but they seem to get too much air and not enough liquid keeping the coil/head soaked.....so I will either go back to the next to the largest hole ( which pulls more liquid through than air ) or I will put my finger over the hole..... lightly fluttering my finger on and off the hole while taking a draw or two or three to get the juice inside and soaking the cotton/material at the coil.

I dont think the voltage/wattage has anything to do with keeping the wick wet.

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was going to buy a Nautilus Mini tomorrow, but after seeing this I might look into a Kanger Aero instead. I heard a lot of good things about the new BVC coils for the mini though I'm surprised your having so many issues.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I make sure to buy authentic and I have never had any issues...it's been few months using 3 for when I am on the go...there great little tanks for flavor. Personally I use to use the Kanger mini and I hated those damn things :mad:

Well I went to the vape shop today and honestly the shop I went to was of no help at all. All they did was look at the coil and say "yup it's bad". I mentioned that it was a brand new coil and he said nothing. I asked about the gurgling and the hissing. He said nothing lol. They were more focused on moving in their new stock of items rather than helping me. So needless to say that particular shop lost my business.

I purchased some new coils, however the shop didn't have the Nautilus Mini coils. They had the regular Nautilus coils (horizontal with cotton) and replaced it with that. Right away it was still hissing and later it started slightly gurgling again.

We'll see how long this coil will last until it goes out again. If it doesn't last however I'm taking it back and demanding a refund for my $40 tank and $12 in coils.

*edit: All of my hardware is authentic

Last edited:

Cigmod VonToker

Member For 4 Years
Your mini probably came with BVC coils. Try some of the original type coils. The BVC coils are fantastic but with a very few flavors they do not render the flavor well. If you blow through the tank to clear a flooded coil blow through the air intake hole not from the mouth piece. Blowing through the mouth piece will not help. Open up the air flow on the mini all the way if you already haven't. This will pull more air and less juice to the coil head. The gurgling is from too much liquid at the coil to vaporize efficiently. If a burned taste still continues try your mini out on another device. We've had some Innokin devices that no matter the setting or coil resistance used they caused a burned taste to come off the coil. The Aspire Mini and Aspire coils are among the very best currently available for reliability, vapor, and flavor unless you go to RBA's and RDA's. It's possible you might have a defective tank but with an Aspire that's rare. The shop were you got your tank should have an ohm checker. See if they will check the tank. If the ohm checker flashes different ohm's all over the place testing the tank with several different coils there is a problem with the positive post or the insulator. If nothing works see if your shop will swap you for a new Mini. More than likely you may have gotten a hold of some bad coils ( coils are always the weak link in any replaceable coil device) or your battery is doing something to semi fry them causing the burnt taste and then less than complete vaporization that causes the gurgling. The good news is that because you have equipment from the better manufactures once you get this straightened out it should be smooth sailing.

Sophia

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Generally speaking, Nautilus is one of the best of atomizers, Nautilus Mini is its improved, should be perfect for vaping.
For charcoal taste and loud gurgling you called my opinions as follows:
  • Is your Nautilus Mini quality goods?
  • Is your coil quality goods?
  • Which brand of e-liquid you use? Are they quality goods?
  • Did you begain smoking as soon as changed the coil? If did, it easily lead to dry burn. It is necessary to drip one or two drops of oil inside the coil to wetted it before use.
  • Make sure that the oil capacity over one-third of the tank during your vaping. Otherwise also easily lead to dry burn and gurgling.

typemgtst

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is the gurgling leading to the bottom assembly flooding?

VU Sponsors