Become a Patron!

Some juices give me a cough?!

Hey. New member here. Been vaping for around 18 months now and just decided to start mixing my own juice. My question is this, do some juice make you cough more than others?
I was using Mutant vape Heisenberg 6mg nic, I found I had a rattley cough. Switched to the same in Vampire vape and my cough disappeared. Now I’ve mixed my first batch of my own, 70/30 with a Heisenberg flavour, and find I’m coughing again. Tried a second batch of 80/20 and still coughing...anyone got any ideas why this might be? TIA

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU Cartela :wave:

Some people just happen to be sensitive to certain flavorings or even PG or VG

It's hard luck if it is something you enjoy - but there are hundreds of other flavors to try

Thank you. I have ordered a selection of concentrates to try mixing my own flavour, fingers crossed, I’d hate to have to stick to just one brand that doesn’t make me cough

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Tobaccos take a lot of time to mellow out. Try throwing a few test bottles in a cool dark place for a few weeks and them give them a try :)

I know it doesn't solve the instant gratification itch but I've had plenty of mixes that were harsh until they mellowed out with age.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VG higher than 60% makes me cough up VG.

Many flavorings cause cough and worse inflammation of mouth, throat and lungs with me.
This is pretty rare though I think.

I have been 100% DIY for over 3 years now as MOST commercial ejuice causes inflamation.
Not sure what ingredient(s)? Maybe artificial sweeteners?

I wind up with maybe 20% of the flavorings I have tried being ok for me to use.
I PIF'd out 40 or more bottles of flavorings in the past few months as OK for most folks but did not work for me.

I use liquid Clear NuStevia sweetener. The best Stevia sweetener I have found. Some are a bit bitter.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
VG higher than 60% makes me cough up VG.

Many flavorings cause cough and worse inflammation of mouth, throat and lungs with me.
This is pretty rare though I think.

I have been 100% DIY for over 3 years now as MOST commercial ejuice causes inflamation.
Not sure what ingredient(s)? Maybe artificial sweeteners?

I wind up with maybe 20% of the flavorings I have tried being ok for me to use.
I PIF'd out 40 or more bottles of flavorings in the past few months as OK for most folks but did not work for me.

I use liquid Clear NuStevia sweetener. The best Stevia sweetener I have found. Some are a bit bitter.
Yeah sucralose kills me, stevia has been great if I have to sweeten something. I prefer not to if I don't have to.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah sucralose kills me, stevia has been great if I have to sweeten something. I prefer not to if I don't have to.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Artificial sweeteners cause some stomach upset with me.
Only ingested enough to get the stomach upset once though as the taste is horribly chemical to me that does not go away for over an hour.
The one time was when my wife did not believe me on the artificial sweeteners thing and made some jello with artificial sweetener, and tried to convince me it was just the jello taste.
After about 4 bites I told her not to lie to me because it was artificial sweetener.

I have the bitter gene and we with that are horribly abused by others that do not have it.
Ohh that tastes fine, you are just a picky eater, that is just sour not bitter, etc.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
anyone got any ideas why this might be? TIA

Curious as to what device you are using and what wattage you are firing it at. I find some of my DIY e-Liquids require less or more power when I vape them compared to others. Sometimes more power makes it smoother and other times less does the same.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OK, I run my Baby with the X4 coils between 30-32.5W so might try turning it down just a tad? Good Luck~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ah ok, will give it a try, cheers mate

red_wine.jpg

VU Sponsors