Become a Patron!

Some simple Dovpo E-LVT 2.0 Hacks

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey all-

Been vaping for a while, just started moving up from Ego in the last month or so. In my arsenal of atties currently are a drilled out Nautilus mini, a Tugboat V1 clone, an Atlantis, and a Hekvapor Big Dripper clone. I am using a Dovpo E-LVT 2.0 for all of my power needs at the moment.

I picked up the E-LVT 30w VW box about 3 weeks ago and have only had one issue with it so far...The power button got finicky after about 5 days. I took it apart once, poked around a bit and when I put it back together it worked well for about 2 days. At this point it continued to work, only I had to press the button VERY hard to vape. Well, apart it came again, but this time I mixed up some 5 minute epoxy and placed one drop on the top of the little button on the circuit board to make it "taller". After putting it back together- problem solved. Nice soft button press- and it works every time.

With the addition of RDAs and RDTAs to my collection I then found that that top "trim ring" that covers the Ego threads was blocking some of the atomizers from seating completely onto the 510. I'd have to uncap them and screw them down HARD after backing the 510 screw out a bit. To solve this issue, I chucked the trim ring up in the mini CNC lathe and machine 3/64" off of the trim ring. Now every atomizer seems to screw on and seat flush the first time, every time. Below is a pic of the trim ring with my machined side up. With it is a drip tip I turned from some aluminum stock on the same lathe.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8nQmDmc1wFNcWNnRzlNSGJrdjA/view?usp=sharing

Last, I had enough of carrying an allen key with me every time I went out to change the battery. I fixed this by epoxying a 1/4" neodinium magnet into the countersink for the screw head on the battery cover, drilling a 7/64 hole where the threads in the box were for the screw, and pressing/epoxying a magnet into the hole. Now the cover is secured on with a magnet and pulls off with a fingernail under the edge closest to the screw. Below are some pics of the magnets installed.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8nQmDmc1wFNSWpPMnMxMTZUWDQ/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8nQmDmc1wFNbUk4endCd0p5N28/view?usp=sharing

I cant speak to the drop-proofness or water tighness of the last hack, but the cover sits like it always did with the screw and I am not the type to drop things often. I must say that with each of the little tweaks I've made, I LOVE this mod! I'm a tinkerer and for me it's all about ease of use and reliability.

Last edited:

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not sure how to embed google drive pics into the text- I added links instead... Sorry for the noobishness

Last edited:

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks good brother. Magnets are sweet! Where did you get that idea?:D

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member