Become a Patron!

Some tips on current popular batty's?

Axe Murderer

Member For 4 Years
Hi guys, been vaping for over 2,5 years now. I've got a range of batty's. All well-known and recommend ones but lately i've found that some of them seem to be losing their capacity due to use. That's fine so i'm looking for some new ones.

I'm a single coil/single 18650 mod guy that tends to built his coils at around 0.6 to 0.8 Ohm. That is just my sweet spot and has been steady for a long time. I like my vapor to be cool and not too overwhelming but it's gotta be a little more punching than the startersets I used at the beginning. As a result I tend to vape at wattages between 20 and 30, with 35 being the maximum at around 4 Volt.

If I remember correctly from research done in the past (I'm not a tech guy, I tend to forget stuff over times.. ) is that some of the larger capacity batty's are fine to use as long as you don't ask to much of them in terms of wattage. Is that correct?

I'm looking for a batty that will last me the longest and is suitable for my vaping habits. Again, only recommended ones with the Mooch seal of approval. I may end up rebuying some that I already own (LG HE4, LG HG2, Sony VTC4) but maybe some new ones have come out in the past year that would be better.

Any recommendations?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
At the range you are vaping at, you can go for some of the higher mAh batteries and live easily without the additional amps. VTC6 or a 30Q, IMO.

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi guys, been vaping for over 2,5 years now. I've got a range of batty's. All well-known and recommend ones but lately i've found that some of them seem to be losing their capacity due to use. That's fine so i'm looking for some new ones.

I'm a single coil/single 18650 mod guy that tends to built his coils at around 0.6 to 0.8 Ohm. That is just my sweet spot and has been steady for a long time. I like my vapor to be cool and not too overwhelming but it's gotta be a little more punching than the startersets I used at the beginning. As a result I tend to vape at wattages between 20 and 30, with 35 being the maximum at around 4 Volt.

If I remember correctly from research done in the past (I'm not a tech guy, I tend to forget stuff over times.. ) is that some of the larger capacity batty's are fine to use as long as you don't ask to much of them in terms of wattage. Is that correct?

I'm looking for a batty that will last me the longest and is suitable for my vaping habits. Again, only recommended ones with the Mooch seal of approval. I may end up rebuying some that I already own (LG HE4, LG HG2, Sony VTC4) but maybe some new ones have come out in the past year that would be better.

Any recommendations?
We're exactly on the same boat. My 18650s have lost their capacity due to age so I ventured into new battery formats lately.

Same vaping style. Single battery mod/single coil type of guy too. Bought two mods with a pair of new battery formats:

1. Geekvape Aegis
I use the Golisi 4300mah 26650 in this mod. Lasts me more than a day and a half of vaping. Great setup but a little on the heavy side.

2. Vaporesso Armour Pro
I use the newish Samsung 48G 4800mah 21700 in this mod. Battery life is similar to if not better than the Aegis with a 26650.

That said, my builds ohm out at .72 to .78 most of the time. I vape using temp control at low wattage too, 15-20w @ 400-480°F. Max wattage according to a review I read on the Samsung 48G is 35w so it should suit you fine. The Golisi 26650 is capable of more power and runs cooler too. But that could be the mod rather than the battery.

In any case, I found both these formats superior to 18650s. Especially the 21700 format with much higher capacity.

The size of the 21700 mod is also similar to 18650 mods too, the Armour Pro is actually smaller than my Lavabox 75 and very similar in size to my VTC Mini.

I didn't bother with 20700 batteries since 21700s offer better capacities. 20700s have similar capacities to 18650 batteries.

Axe Murderer

Member For 4 Years
Thnx. i might look into that in the future. As it stands though I have a number of mods that need 18650's and I'm looking to replace the batty's that I use for those mods first. I have ventured into 26650 with an Hcigar vt75 1,5 year ago but I don't like that mod at all.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sony VTC6 (15A) and LG HG2 (20A) are 3000 mAh 18650's. These would last the longest. Your 0.6 Ohm coils wouldn't stress these at all.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been thinking about picking up the Mirage DNA75C, mostly for the mod can utilize the 3 more popular and widely used battery formats 18650/20700/21700 and pair it with a nice single coil flavor RTA like a Pico or Doggy RTA.

I would imagine with the 48g 21700 used with 4800mAh and 9.6a rating, tooting away at 13w on the doggy or Pico should last a really long time...and in the case of not knowing or the feeling of risking that, one can grab the 40T with 4000mAh and 25a rating.

VU Sponsors