Become a Patron!

Something gross happening!

Ello110

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm getting bright orange globules in my mouthpieces (Arctic V8, TFV4 Mini, Kanger Aerotank), regardless of what juice I use, within about 10 puffs every time. I rinse it, clean it, whatever, it comes right back.

Is this a fungus or something? I do NOT use nicotine juice, so it's not a nicotine problem.

Is this normal? They are BRIGHT orange. It's not from me - my lips aren't bright orange!

Juices I use are generally 70/30 VG/PG and 80/20. I use a lot of pastry and citrus flavors.

Tanks are stored in a clean, low-moisture environment.

This is really disgusting, what should I do?

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've had red globs in my RDA before. It was a chemical reaction from the flavoring heating up. It was Creme Brulee. Never seen it happen with any other flavoring tho.

Ello110

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had red globs in my RDA before. It was a chemical reaction from the flavoring heating up. It was Creme Brulee. Never seen it happen with any other flavoring tho.

One of the juices I use a lot has a deserty creme brulee type flavor to it.

It seems to happen with all of them though, for me. Perhaps it's residue from that flavor. I don't know. Weird.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If it doesnt stop when using a different brand juice I would try and get a new setup for now, even a temporary cheapy...This doesnt feel safe or "clean" and I would advise a new system altogether.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One of the juices I use a lot has a deserty creme brulee type flavor to it.

It seems to happen with all of them though, for me. Perhaps it's residue from that flavor. I don't know. Weird.
I would give the tanks a good cleaning. That's what I did to my rda to remove those red globs.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Give your tank a good scrub in hot soapy water and a hot water rinse and let dry, put a new coil in and try it.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are any of your juices colored, or are they clear? If you're vaping store bought juice, nine times out of ten there are food colorings in them. You're going to get condensation in a drip tip, it just goes with the territory. But if the juice is colored, the condensation will be too.

Ello110

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are any of your juices colored, or are they clear? If you're vaping store bought juice, nine times out of ten there are food colorings in them. You're going to get condensation in a drip tip, it just goes with the territory. But if the juice is colored, the condensation will be too.

One of the juices I use is bright green.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You either luv it or hate it. Kinda like liver pate.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've seen that in quite a few setups.
Usually in super sweet juices used in high volumes.
So I have to "assume" it is due to the chemical changes as it goes from liquid to vapor.
(even though the vapor is still partially a liquid, just in small droplets)

VU Sponsors