Become a Patron!

Something to make a DIY juice smoother?

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hi guys

I've been working on a recipe, which is turning out really well, but it feels a little bit scratchy in the throat, if that makes any sense. It's not super harsh, but could be a hint smoother than it currently is. So I'm wondering if there's anything I could add to it, which makes it a bit smoother or takes the edges off the scratchiness?

It's berry based and already contains some sweet cream. I don't want to add more of it though, as that would mask the berry taste too much, I think.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OK, @lucifah from my experience I have a bunch of questions before I can offer any suggestions.

1: Brand of Nicotine

2: Nicotine MG?

3: Pg Ratio?

4: Flavoring Brand and does it contain ALCOHOL?

Good Luck and when I have time I will hopefully be able to offer more help.

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
OK, @lucifah from my experience I have a bunch of questions before I can offer any suggestions.

1: Brand of Nicotine

2: Nicotine MG?

3: Pg Ratio?

4: Flavoring Brand and does it contain ALCOHOL?

Good Luck and when I have time I will hopefully be able to offer more help.

This little harshness (it's not extreme, just to be clear, still a pleasant vape as it is but could be a hint smoother) does not occur in other liquids I've made with the same nicotine, which might rule out nicotine being the issue. Same PG ratios elsewhere as well (@jwill )

It's Nicotine from Everythingliquid. I doubt you guys in the States know that. I have had a litre of it (72mg) and have used it in everything I've mixed, DIY and one-shot concentrates alike. Kept it in the fridge in the garage, so it can't have gone bad really. Can't hurt to make a 12mg, 10ml mix in 30PG/70VG without flavours anyway to check if it still tastes okay (has no peppery taste that is).

But to answer the question: Nicotine content in the juice is 3mg. Ratio is 30 PG, 70 VG. No alcohol in it.

It's really more of a general question. For example, there are things like MTS Vape Wizard, which supposedly blends different flavour notes into one. Maybe there are other additives (is that the right term) which can be used to take off edges? Or some creamy flavour that has almost no "taste" of its own but makes things softer/smoother?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So from your answers I am thinking it could be lack of power or too much power. I have some DIY Tobaccos that taste better with simply .5 Watts lower or higher depending on the recipe. Just a thought .

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
You can use marshmallow to take an edge off. I remember reading about this elsewhere on here and if memory serves @Hillbilly Pig has some pretty cool things that work to smooth out mixes.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
As @jwill mentioned, most marshmallow flavors can do the job, TFA toasted marshmallow and FLV marshmallow, are maybe the two exceptions. Now, FA fresh cream in a small amount would normally do the job, but since you have sweet cream, that might change things a bit, but if you don't mind too much .5-1% should do it. MTS wizard and TFA smooth are literally designed for smoothing shit out, don't use too much cause they will mute the juice, I like 2-3 drops per 10ml. Also you can use 1 drop INW cactus per 10ml, this will change things up a good bit, make the fruit pop a little more, but should smooth things out. There's a couple more ways I think, but be damned if I know.

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Awesome stuff guys, thanks a lot!
I'll try a tiny bit of MTS Wizard, which I have flying around in my big box of flavours/additives that I have "yet to try", and get some FA Fresh Cream and INW Cactus (always wondered what on earth Cactus flavour would be good for or even taste like!) for further experimentation. :)

VU Sponsors