Become a Patron!

sore throat questions

bridgeburner

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My current setup is a Sense Herakles tank, and an ipvd2 mod.

Personally i love the setup, up until a few days ago. Im using the coils you buy for them instore, says .59 on the mod and currently 6mlg juice.
Now im getting quick throat hits where it feels like ive been smoking for 3 days straight chain smoking. Ive turned the wattage up to 45 back down to 35 and no difference. Its pretty annoying because this same juice and same exact setup worked perfectly a week ago. I did change the coil but again it worked fine for a day until this all started.
Its not a dry hit, or a tasteles hit, just a painful hit to the throat. Im not sick either haha which was my first fear.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
to me it sounds like a coil issue
the mod says .59? what is the coils suppose to be?
if the only thing that change dis the coil, then that is probably the issue. I would try another coil.

but i will say this
EVERY NOW AND THEN certain flavors hurt my throat.. I stop using that flavor for a few days and come back to it and no issue. It susually apple flavors for me.

but i would try a new coil. these premade coils are all massed produced with poor QC and sometimes things go wrong on a brand new one.

bridgeburner

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright ill give that a shot this morning.
just looked at the coil package, and it says 0.6 ohms. 50-100w , now does that mean i cant run it at 35 to 45w?

bridgeburner

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ive never had much throat hit on these, and now its a lot. Ive never liked harsh throat hits anyways. But its also never been an issue until this. I just want to make sure i have it setup properly etc etc

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well 35-45 sound slow if it says 50-100
im not super fmailiar with these coils
but running them low shoul dnot hurt or cause a throat problem

if you havent change dthe juice (ie nic level or pg/vg ratio) it should be a coil issue
what you describe sound slikea juice issue?
i sit a new bottle?
if its old ha sit discolored quite a bt? if so that could be the whole thing - as jucie gets old the nic oxidizes and discolors which can add throat hit.

bridgeburner

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Brand new bottles, im going to switch to a new flavour and coil, give it a fresh start. Ill let you know.

Running it at 60 watts wasn't good i found, ill tinker it around and see how things go again. Any other suggestions would begreatly appreciated

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Start on lower wattages and ignore any recommendations on the package. Don't go as high as you have when you got a burnt taste. Your coils are cotton I believe, and once you get that burnt taste of too much power for the liquid flow, it's too late. Vaping what you are comfortable with is the goal, not max power. Good Luck!

bridgeburner

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
awesome seems to have worked, swtich the coils. Also swithed to 3mlg instead of 6.
So for the recommended on the package its not as big a deal? i prefer the feeling i have with the lower settings at 35.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
So for the recommended on the package its not as big a deal?
I think of the low end as a kind of guideline and the high end as an "exceed only at your own risk."

i prefer the feeling i have with the lower settings at 35.
Then that's where you should run it. However: You may get more flavour at higher wattages. It all depends upon a variety of factors. You have to experiment and find out what works best for you.

bridgeburner

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks so much for everyones help, with this info it all worked out right. Back to the sweet flavours :)

VU Sponsors