Become a Patron!

Spaced Parallel Coil Temp

KoblinV3

Member For 1 Year
I'm running my Drop Solo on the Pulse X Squonk box using a spaced parallel coil. I was running it in VW mode and switch to TC for kicks and it's vaping exactly the same at 50w and 410 degrees.

Why is that? I didn't think it would have basically the same throat hit and potency in TC mode. I build my parallel coils very meticulously and like I said they're spaced. I'm not sure if TC mode can accurately read the temp though.

I'm trying to figure out if it's doing so or not. My coil doesn't have any space between the two wires even at the bottom. Obviously spaced coil but I mean no space between the two wires if you look at a single wrap.

Edit: It's a 3 wrap 28g SS316L at .28 ohms

Last edited:

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm running my Drop Solo on the Pulse X Squonk box using a spaced parallel coil. I was running it in VW mode and switch to TC for kicks and it's vaping exactly the same at 50w and 410 degrees.

Why is that? I didn't think it would have basically the same throat hit and potency in TC mode. I build my parallel coils very meticulously and like I said they're spaced. I'm not sure if TC mode can accurately read the temp though.

I'm trying to figure out if it's doing so or not. My coil doesn't have any space between the two wires even at the bottom. Obviously spaced coil but I mean no space between the two wires if you look at a single wrap.

Edit: It's a 3 wrap 28g SS316L at .28 ohms

Did you make sure you let the coils cool to room temperature before you switch over to tc mode? Also make sure the resistance is locked in tc mode.

KoblinV3

Member For 1 Year
I don't think it was reading it correctly in retrospect. Mainly because it was set to 410 degrees and I got a dry somewhat burnt tasting hit. I setup arctic fox firmware on my pico 75w with a spaced single coil 26g 4 wrap at .345 ohms.

It was literally burning my rayon at 410 degrees (which was wicked correctly... I didn't just wick it like cotton). I got frustrated and quit lol. I'll try it again in the future. I just didn't feel like messing with it forever to get it running properly.

Put in a 26g spaced parallel 5 wrap at .25 ohms and 50 watts. Drop Solo on my pulse X wicked with rayon. Tastes awesome.

Maybe I like parallel builds too much to ever switch to TC but I wanna give it a shot in the future for sure.

VU Sponsors