Become a Patron!

SPAM emails? Are they coming from VUF?

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
A few guys from our shop have signed up for this forum, and now they are getting many ecig-related spam emails, and they NEVER got any of these prior to registering for this forum. Is this just a coincidence?

I tried to tell them that China has finally caught up to them, but they're claiming it's "get your free ecigarette" and bullshit like that, not your standard "Hello Dear Friend" China spam...

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
A few guys from our shop have signed up for this forum, and now they are getting many ecig-related spam emails, and they NEVER got any of these prior to registering for this forum. Is this just a coincidence?

I tried to tell them that China has finally caught up to them, but they're claiming it's "get your free ecigarette" and bullshit like that, not your standard "Hello Dear Friend" China spam...

They are Not generated from the forum we have tight security on this plus none of the 50 or so users I am in contact with on a daily basis get anymore China spam emails then before the forum was created. Prior to the forum I have always received spam from China at least 10 emails a day asking to buy product with being the same amount now, no extra spam.

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
It's probably just coincidence. Just thought it was odd because these AREN'T China vendors, they are exigencies credit card scams...

Thanks for clearing that up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There's been an uptick in the amount of cc scams coming through gmail - in the last 7-10 days (if they're using gmail that is) - that as far as I can tell comes from a change in the way gmail filters its junk mail, not necessarily signing up here or anywhere else.

VU Sponsors