Become a Patron!

Spam

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
im getting spam emails from the Quit Smoking thread. I don't have ED or wish to loose weight.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
im getting spam emails from the Quit Smoking thread. I don't have ED or wish to loose weight.
Go into your settings here and un-click the email notifications to stop getting them from a thread here, the other 2 (ED and weight-loss) are not from our forum and I have no idea what those are about.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Go into your settings here and un-click the email notifications to stop getting them from a thread here, the other 2 (ED and weight-loss) are not from our forum and I have no idea what those are about.
I've been seeing a lot of em pop up on the forums lately too. Not in my email but through notifications on Tapatalk for VU

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I've been seeing a lot of em pop up on the forums lately too. Not in my email but through notifications on Tapatalk for VU

Tapatalk for VU is a 3rd party app which we have no control over, the only control we have is to leave the app. But those pop ups get deleted as soon as we see them.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Whiskey, the ED and Weight Loss are coming up under the thread. I don't mind emails from VU, but this is spam, and when I go to the thread it isn't there, it's gone, otherwise I would report it.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tapatalk for VU is a 3rd party app which we have no control over, the only control we have is to leave the app. But those pop ups get deleted as soon as we see them.
I figured it was something along those lines.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Whiskey, the ED and Weight Loss are coming up under the thread. I don't mind emails from VU, but this is spam, and when I go to the thread it isn't there, it's gone, otherwise I would report it.
That's one of the reasons not to reply on Spam threads.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if I get em in my actual email but they show up in my alerts. I usually just ignore em or mark em

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
We can not help those spammers joining but once found which is is in minutes of them posting we delete the thread, and ban their IP. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
We can not help those spammers joining but once found which is is in minutes of them posting we delete the thread, and ban their IP. Sorry for any inconvenience.
I was going to report it from the thread, but it was gone, made me wonder if it really came from the thread, or a hack, since the member and post were not there. This just showed up this morning.

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We whack em as we catch em. You probably tried to read the thread after it was removed from there.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Especially in the early hours it is kind of like playing "Whack A Mole" with the damn spammers!:cuss2:

Which is why we really appreciate the members hitting the good old report post button!:hearts:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Especially in the early hours it is kind of like playing "Whack A Mole" with the damn spammers!:cuss2:

Which is why we really appreciate the members hitting the good old report post button!:hearts:

I'm often here very late at night, and see a lot of that garbage then -- I always report! :)

Andria

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
:kickbutt:

Well, y'all know I've been around here for a minute now, and I'm not afraid to report someone for not following our rules, which are few. :kickbutt:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Between around 2-7 AM EST the spammers go nuts on here. We try to delete and ban as fast as we can but it's a never ending battle. We all appreciate when any of you report spam as we can't be everywhere at the same time. We just ask that you report, don't respond to a spam thread.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:kickbutt:
Well, y'all know I've been around here for a minute now, and I'm not afraid to report someone for not following our rules, which are few. :kickbutt:

But if you're receiving any alerts/notifications about a SPAM thread... it means you posted in it (barring some viral cause).
eta: I suppose one might "subscribe"... but why?

I'm a (the?) founding member of the "We shouldn't have posted in a VU SPAM thread" club.
It's very small, only three members so far... don't become number four.

DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT post in a VU SPAM thread. :(

Open the thread, report the OP... but don't post. No matter how tempting. ;)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_o9j8hucj371swy7f0o1_400_zps9fuikbcl.jpg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The stupid spam posts aren't always a thread of their own. Sometimes, they land in threads that already exist, so that would be a reason that it shows up in your alerts. You're either participating in that thread already, selected "watch thread", or you've subscribed to a particular section of the forum. I'm subscribed to "Unlisted Vendors" area, so anytime a new thread is posted, or moved there, I get an alert, whether it's legit, or spam.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The stupid spam posts aren't always a thread of their own. Sometimes, they land in threads that already exist, so that would be a reason that it shows up in your alerts. You're either participating in that thread already, selected "watch thread", or you've subscribed to a particular section of the forum. I'm subscribed to "Unlisted Vendors" area, so anytime a new thread is posted, or moved there, I get an alert, whether it's legit, or spam.
The ones I have got, come up in th "Stop Smoking Thread" I have never replied to one, nor have I ever posted in a Spam Thread.

VU Sponsors