Become a Patron!

Speak your Mind-Now is not the Time to Be Silent!!!

rakkwarrior

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
CASAA has issued a Call to Action for the Second FDA Workshop. The second workshop focused on issues related to individual health, and we think vapers have a great deal of information that FDA should be aware of.

Please see the Call to Action for the Second FDA Workshop for information on how to submit a comment: http://blog.casaa.org/2015/04/call-to-action-submit-comments-on-fdas.html

(CASAA has also updated the Call to Action for the First FDA Workshop to note that the deadline was extended to July 2, 2015 and to provide new docket information: http://blog.casaa.org/2015/03/call-to-action-submit-comments-on-fdas.html

FDA claims that these workshops have nothing to do with their decision about whether and how to impose the “deeming” regulations and are only to inform the eventual regulation, but this is ridiculous. Whatever information flows now will obviously affect both.

The good news is that consumers and other experts on e-cigarettes have an opportunity to comment on this matter.

We know that the vaping community -- which includes everyone from small manufacturers, to DIY modders, to consumers who make themselves expert on the hardware or liquid -- has more collective expertise than FDA and their supposed “experts.” We need to collect examples.

1st - Please try to recall your favorite writings on the relevant topics from: threads on ECF or other forums; informative blog posts by consumers, consumer advocates, or vendors; how-to videos; etc. Keep in mind that the topic at hand is characteristics of e-cigarette hardware and liquid, including variations, modding options, etc.
  • This includes:
    • product engineering (how the devices work, new innovations, how to optimize them, etc.),
    • physics,
    • chemistry,
    • the toxicological (effect of chemicals on health) implications of those.
There are tens of thousands of great threads and posts out in the world that cover these topics, providing consumers with useful information about the products. **Please make sure that the material is high-quality. (A few bad posts on a forum thread are inevitable, of course, but keep in mind that you are demonstrating that we are more expert than their “experts.”) Also, please do not include material that is primarily about smoking cessation or other behavioral issues; this is specifically about physical characteristics of the devices, liquids, and vapor.

Now, there are more details which CASAA provides in-depth as well as pre-written material for those who would benefit from a template, however, if we as members of the vaping community value our freedom we cannot take a passive role in this discussion. Doing so will only provide the FDA as a governing body unvetted and unchecked permission to trample over what we have found as a viable alternative to "Big Tobacco".

Indeed, given their own whims, electronic cigarettes and eliquids will likely be given to large corporations and all the small business will be shut down or regulated into nonexistence.

Now is the time to speak up and be active in this process!!!

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Been there, done that, due to receiving CASAA emails on a regular basis.

rakkwarrior

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would encourage more people to be actively involved, especially Shop Owners, and Juice Makers. Those will be the first to go out of business if regulations are implemented unchecked.

I hope that we as a community value the Freedoms we have in this Country to be an active part of the process. Regardless of how one might feel about it's efficiency. Not fighting at all, is the same as surrender.

rakkwarrior

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
By the way I have been lurking on these forums, I am active in my community, friends with local veteran owned Vape Shop owners and we have these discussions often. Before I begin to ask questions here, I'll start first by contributing something myself.

VU Sponsors