Become a Patron!

Specific Age Requirements

I am unable to find any concrete law saying a minor cannot vape. Minors may not purchase a vape but I have found nothing on owning one. With alcohol or ********* (in certain states where it is legal) you cannot own it before you are of age and laws specifically state that. What is the deal with vaping? In the state of Michigan a minor may not purchase one but like I have said before there is nothing on owning or using one. Does anyone know. I want facts and no opinions please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Can't say for facts. Never saw a minor get thrown in court for smoking, though.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Fact is, vaping as well as smoking, in most states is prohibited in public places.

Now, if the underage person would vape at home, that should fall under parental supervision. Same with cigarettes/alcohol/X rated movies etc. It would be up to the parent/guardian to decide, if the underaged person is allowed or make use off.

Another fact, buying vaping supplies for somebody underage, falls under the same logic and treatment in most states not all, as alcohol purchases made by adults and passed to the minor/underaged. Its illegal. Again not in all states, so check yours, damn sure its published somewhere.

My opinion, while I don't agree with most regulations, in this case it isn't wrong. Nobody should be giving cigarettes/alcohol and even eliquid containing nicotine to minors or teens under the age of 18/21(thx California grr lol) without parent permission. Even if i dont think its the same, sadly by law, its all in the same category, why so ever. However parents should keep in mind that allowing their kids to use vaping gear, needs either supervision, or a crash course of vaping saftey, as well as understanding the negative effects of nicotine in general and while starting it, might be not the best solution all around. Don't give mech mods, shitty gear or cheap/torn batteries to the underaged. That should be common sense and doesn't need a law to regulate it. Don't let your kids/teens even if 17 run over the street, promoting vaping in public places, without you being around or even aware of it, I am sure at least this could result into a ticket/fine for the person that sold/gave the equipment to the person of younger age. Doubt that the actual minor would get into trouble, because again, without an adult or person of age, they would never have gotten the gear in first place. If somebody sold it to them, well that's a whole other discussion for another day.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Can't say for facts. Never saw a minor get thrown in court for smoking, though.

It happens here in my small town in Alaska all the time - it's a $50 ticket

Ironically, Alaska law prohibits selling alcohol to those under age 21, but it is perfectly legal to give your own underage child alcohol, so tickets or arrest for minor in possession of alcohol is rare

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think they can fine minors and take their vape stuff in FL.
Could be wrong though.

In any case it appears to be at the state and or local level not national.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It happens here in my small town in Alaska all the time - it's a $50 ticket

Ironically, Alaska law prohibits selling alcohol to those under age 21, but it is perfectly legal to give your own underage child alcohol, so tickets or arrest for minor in possession of alcohol is rare
Yeah, I've read this about different states. Pretty crazy. Here, if you're under 21, you in trouble.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It was my understanding (don't have time or inclination to look for proof) that all but two states in the US had outlawed vape sales to minors, but it is hard to say how many also outlawed possession or use by minors

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
They don't really police vape in our town...yet. We've got kids with no armpit hair buying gear/juice in shop. The sad part is they sell but do not educate.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was my understanding (don't have time or inclination to look for proof) that all but two states in the US had outlawed vape sales to minors, but it is hard to say how many also outlawed possession or use by minors
I thought it was a federal law on the sales to minors.
A law aside from the FDA regs.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I thought it was a federal law on the sales to minors.
A law aside from the FDA regs.

It was not until the FDA stepped in on the sales ban

It was one of the FDA's "see, we are saving the children" talking points

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was not until the FDA stepped in on the sales ban

It was one of the FDA's "see, we are saving the children" talking points
Right but it was a separate law from the deeming regs that already went into effect before the deeming regs.
But then I could be wrong.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Right but it was a separate law from the deeming regs that already went into effect before the deeming regs.
But then I could be wrong.

I could be completely wrong also, am operating from memory :)crazy:) but I remember that smug prick from the FDA doing an interview on one of the morning fake news shows and that was how the deeming regs were being presented, as a saving kids from the health hazards of lifelong vape addiction.

The FDA fuck claimed that before the deeming regs, there was no Federal law against selling vapes or juice to minors

But it was mocked by us because 48 of 50 states had indeed already outlawed sales to minors

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think that maybe a federal law had made tobacco sales to under 18 illegal and the deeming regs later made vaping a tobacco product so that it fell under that law?

I googled and just got confused....

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I think that maybe a federal law had made tobacco sales to under 18 illegal and the deeming regs later made vaping a tobacco product so that it fell under that law?

I googled and just got confused....

That is quite possible - the confused part anyway :giggle:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Since in the US vaping products are considered tobacco products they are enforced the same way. Read an article recently about parents who were pissed the school security confiscated vape gear and they answered by it being considered tobacco products. Interesting topic I have to say.

VU Sponsors