Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I have heard of a service named spectrum down here in Florida.
They offer low cost cable / internet.
I am not sure how it works though but if we are talking about the same thing and you find out could you please share the info?

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They provide cable and internet service but recently have shut down all analog signals and been advising everyone to grab another digital cable box. I was wondering if a Digital antenna would pick up the local channels without a box.
I know there are other ways like hooking up a streaming device but trying to explore all options..

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They provide cable and internet service but recently have shut down all analog signals and been advising everyone to grab another digital cable box. I was wondering if a Digital antenna would pick up the local channels without a box.
I know there are other ways like hooking up a streaming device but trying to explore all options..
Any antenna will pick up local TV broadcast signals.
Does not have to be a digital antenna. There is really no such thing as a digital antenna as the frequencies involved are within the old analog TV frequency spectrum.
However the TV needs to be able to decode digital signals. ie a flat screen as most all of them will unless pretty old.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have bought 3 of these. 2 for friends and one for me as my antenna was on my shop roof...
Has a built in rotor and good range.

VU Sponsors