Become a Patron!

Spool and swivel stand that works for me

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holding a large spool is tough for me because of small hands and nerve damage. So here is my setup. Magnetic Dial Indicator stand hold spools. Light springs outside and teflon washers between spool. Adjustable to any position to match whichever drill im using.
7fbb138fb484a5f0bc76145aef6117ce.jpg

Wire comes off the spool and i guide it with a drip tip (remove orings and lube with vg).
cf1e7f1a71938b161e83ddf52734e32b.jpg

For paraclap i still use the traditional method.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The nylon washers are a nice touch. If you look up fishing line tensioner it's pretty much what you're using. I was using that till I started using baggies.

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The nylon washers are a nice touch. If you look up fishing line tensioner it's pretty much what you're using. I was using that till I started using baggies.

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk
Yeah it has fishing spooler part on it too the cone shape spacer! I just wanted to have one unit combined with a swivel mount that was adjustable. I switch between the battery drill and corded drill often and they are diffrent heights. Im all about good ergonomics!

Jriley

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Ty for sharing that dusty, i actually just live seeing peoples build areas. I bought my table from HF was on sale and i used 20% coupon , its worked great just outgrowing it already.

Sent from my LGUS610 using Tapatalk

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ty for sharing that dusty, i actually just live seeing peoples build areas. I bought my table from HF was on sale and i used 20% coupon , its worked great just outgrowing it already.

Sent from my LGUS610 using Tapatalk
Cool, my build bench in the house is just made out of oak ply but the bench in the woodshop is another story...Woodcrafters maple like 34×60 and waaay too expensive. Had to have it for the woodwork tho.

VU Sponsors