Become a Patron!

Sports and vaping

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wondering who of you vapers are into any sport, and if vaping affect the practice of your sport in any way.

Me, I'm a cyclist. Not really a Lance Armstrong sort of cyclist, with the racing bike and the spandex clothing, but more of a utility cyclist, since I don't drive most of the year. Still, I do 8,000 to 10,000 miles a year by bike, so I guess that counts as a sport :)

I've been a cyclist for the better part of 25 years, and a smoker for 30. The two are hardly compatible, but since I've switched to vaping, my health has returned to that of a non-smoker: my average speed has increased dramatically, and I have no side effects after a day's ride like I used to when I smoked. The only thing is, I've noticed I shouldn't chain-vape before riding, else I feel a sort of heaviness in my lungs that I don't really enjoy - but that goes away pretty quickly nonetheless. Other than that, my vaping doesn't seem to affect my riding in any way, which I find nothing short of amazing.

What's your experience as a vaping sportsperson?

Juice_Spiller

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I too am a cyclist, but more on the sport side of it, and not the utility side. I wear the spandex, and the jerseys, and the clip in pedals. I do a lot of organized charity rides, and a lot of group rides. Since I stopped smoking and started vaping, my stamina has gone up, my speed has gone up, and I can do hills a lot better.
But, just like when I was a smoker, when I go on a ride, I make sure not to vape right before a ride. I have not experienced any chest tightening or anything, but I don't want to find out either.

I have also started weight training more than when I was smoking.

VU Sponsors