Become a Patron!

Squape Reloaded! Help!

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Everyone, So I received my SR and had it for a while now.. Now I love the construction of this thing by far the most solid device I own to date.. Just feels high quality. no leaks and great air flow.. One Problem vapor production sucks on it.. I can not get this thing to produce good vapor. I really want to love this thing but am starting to lose faith. My Expromizer destroys this thing in vapor production. Even my kayfun produces better vapor. I have tried so many builds on this thing from high ohms to low ohms.. 26g to 28g.. 2.4mm to 3.0mm.. No matter what build I put on this thing it seems to produce very thin vapor.. Thing is before I put on the top it looks like it is producing a lot of vapor when i fire it.. Then I put on the top and the vapor production sucks.. Please help.. I want to love it. What builds are you guys using? How is your vapor production?

TimB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just received the Squape R yesterday still trying different builds but vapor is ok so far.Have you tried the "W" deck would that not help?

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just received the Squape R yesterday still trying different builds but vapor is ok so far.Have you tried the "W" deck would that not help?

I have been using the W deck. I don't know what it is.. I hear all these good things about the squape. I have tried so many builds on this from 26g to 28g from rayon to cotton.. Multiple size drill bits.. Still always weak vapor. No matter what I do I can't seem to get this thing to produce what my expectations of decent vapor are.. My Expromizer chucks vapor. I guess I expected this thing to at least be on the same level.. I don't know.. Maybe I expect too much. As of today I have pretty much given up on it.. Makes me kinda sad cause I really wanted to love it.. I think it looks awesome and just feels solid. The best build i have made on it so far is 28g with 7 wraps around a 3mm drill bit.. Thing is when doing a test burn with the chimney off the thing looks like it is putting out a lot of vapor so that makes me think it has something to do with the chimney.. I never get dry hits no matter how high I put the wattage so I know it isn't a wicking issue.

TimB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have not tried the W deck yet been trying to master the S so far will try it next build.You building micro coils with the W with cotton and still not getting good vapor. I only use Japanese cotton now it wicks well imho better than cotton balls.I saw a review that said less is better with cotton on this atomizer.The Expromizer was on my list but the problems with manufacturing and availability made me give up on it.Good you like it.The Chimney is what it is I've seen others get good vapor production from it.Maybe try lower ohms sounds like you are around 1.5 with the 28g try around 1 and see what happens.I'm happy with the build but I can see improvement ,only been one day for me.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know how you're doing yours but with both the V1 and now the R once I set the coil I lift it slightly in the channel to allow a little more room for air to pass around it. Just a suggestion.

TimB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And of course your leads are on top of the coil not on the bottom like a kayfun...

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am using japa
I have not tried the W deck yet been trying to master the S so far will try it next build.You building micro coils with the W with cotton and still not getting good vapor. I only use Japanese cotton now it wicks well imho better than cotton balls.I saw a review that said less is better with cotton on this atomizer.The Expromizer was on my list but the problems with manufacturing and availability made me give up on it.Good you like it.The Chimney is what it is I've seen others get good vapor production from it.Maybe try lower ohms sounds like you are around 1.5 with the 28g try around 1 and see what happens.I'm happy with the build but I can see improvement ,only been one day for me.

I am using Japanese cotton as well.. I have tried going as low as .9 ohms with this.. I have also tried lifting the coil a little higher.. I have tried alot of cotton and very little cotton.. never get try hits.. I was comparing it to my expromizer today and i would say it produces half the amount of vapor as my expromizer.. just not satisfying hits for me. I like to stay around 1.4 or 1.5.. The expromizer is just like thick in your face vapor.. Solid white on exhale.. the squape i can see through the vapor on exhale. I don't know.. i just rebuilt it just before writing this again and same issue.. i have watched many videos so i know i am building it just like everyone else.. I am believing it has something to do with chimney.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And of course your leads are on top of the coil not on the bottom like a kayfun...

Yes my leads are on top.. I also build my taifun like that.. for shits and giggles i am going to try to build with the leads on the bottom..

TimB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I spent 2 hrs trying to remove the S deck and build the W one.You are right the vapor is not thick like a dripper but the flavor is fantastic.I have a 1.5 build and pumped up the watts,no dry hits.I get lots of vapor but it is whispery compared to some atomizers. I'm going to try nichcrome or hybrid coil and see if that changes anything.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I spent 2 hrs trying to remove the S deck and build the W one.You are right the vapor is not thick like a dripper but the flavor is fantastic.I have a 1.5 build and pumped up the watts,no dry hits.I get lots of vapor but it is whispery compared to some atomizers. I'm going to try nichcrome or hybrid coil and see if that changes anything.

Let me know how that goes. I would really love to know your results.. I actually manged to get the most vapor out of the SR to date today using a 1.4 ohm coil and rayon.. but i believe the rayon is hurting the flavor. Now it still isn't producing the thick vapor like my expromizer but it is much better.. On a side note I got my Rose V2 today.. it is pretty cool.. produces good vapor.. but man oh man what a pain to build on. In the end though i have yet to find anything that compares to the expromizer.. the expromizer just chucks the vapor and it chucks it in a very smooth manor.. The SR is still my favorite looking atty.. it is so stunning with the black air flow ring and a black drip tip.. The expromizer is kinda ugly.. I am hoping the rayon on the SR breaks in over night. It may help with the flavor a bit. But as of now the SR is producing enough vapor to satisfy me.. But will probably always go back to the expromizer for it is just a better vape.

Attachments

• 2014-11-11 08.46.47.jpg
    2014-11-11 08.46.47.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 20

VU Sponsors