Become a Patron!

Squid Industries Double Barrel

thewarm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love the concept. I hate the execution!
The battery door is absolute garbage! The magnets fell out on the first 2 battery changes! I dread having to change the batteries!!!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I love the concept. I hate the execution!
The battery door is absolute garbage! The magnets fell out on the first 2 battery changes! I dread having to change the batteries!!!

I agree with you. My battery door is a PITA, too. No problem with the magnets. Hopefully you contacted the warranty dept.

I have a female Comp next weekend and I'm torn between the DB or a dual battery mod.

thewarm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I bought a replacement door and the silicone sleeve to hold it all together. Now the display is blank. $30 + $7 to send it in... It's going in the JUNK drawer!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I both of my LEs to warranty for a physical. Being limited edition I keep them in the box though.

How old is yours? Is/was it your beater?

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the battery door is shit, the button is shit, the screen is shit... At least you can put it in a sock and do your best Homey the Clown impersonation.

I wanted to like this device, but I think the dudes backstory might be clouding people's judgment.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, it seems it looks great, but that's the extent of it. Reminds me of my second wife.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hmmm...i was really interested in this mod too, maybe not now.

I'm sorry @Droogbc. There's always a lemon in a bunch.

Don't let the experience of one person cloud your judgement.

I personally have several Double Barrels, custom DBs, Limited Edition DBs, TAC 21, Detonator, Chief King RDA, Peacemaker RTA. I did a trade with a guy who didn't tell me the battery door was bent and was missing a magnet. Good thing I ordered extra parts when they had their sale.

Seriously, I can get any of you into Christian's House of Waffles. They push a lot of Squid stuff, Purge, Duvo, MRN and really cool customizable 3D printed vape stands, juice stand, mountable atty or juice stands, more. This is a one shot raffle. 15 spots, $10 - $19 a spot (depending what's up), 3rd ball out of the bingo cage wins. PM me your FB name and I'll get you in.

czombie

Member For 1 Year

I personally have several Double Barrels, custom DBs, Limited Edition DBs, TAC 21, Detonator, Chief King RDA, Peacemaker RTA. I did a trade with a guy who didn't tell me the battery door was bent and was missing a magnet. Good thing I ordered extra parts when they had their sale.

Seriously, I can get any of you into Christian's House of Waffles. They push a lot of Squid stuff, Purge, Duvo, MRN and really cool customizable 3D printed vape stands, juice stand, mountable atty or juice stands, more. This is a one shot raffle. 15 spots, $10 - $19 a spot (depending what's up), 3rd ball out of the bingo cage wins. PM me your FB name and I'll get you in.
I haven't, I'm still interested in picking up the mod.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Not just one person though. One screen we've heard of, a number of button related complaints on VU alone, and pretty much every one agrees on the battery door. Not great for a relatively limited quantity release from a North American mod builder imho.

VU Sponsors