Become a Patron!

Squirrelly hexohm v3

namklim

Member For 4 Years
So my hexohm is being a baby about who it wants to fire and who it doesnt.
Today it will only fire the dead rabbit and the nudge.
It will not fire either of my drops or the recoil.
Builds are all between . 15 and. 20
All builds are safe and not shorted
All of the obove rdas are firing fine on my regulated mod.
Where do I even start to diagnose this problem?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It’s most likely a 510 pin issue, I am not sure if hexohms have floating 510 or fixed/mech.

Take the batteries out and see if you can push the center pin down inside the threaded area, if it does push down, it should also spring back up when you stop pushing, if it doesn’t move, it’s probably gummed up and needs cleaned for proper connection.

If it’s not spring loaded it will have a slot for a flat head screwdriver, you can turn it up or down with a small flathead.

namklim

Member For 4 Years
It is spring loaded.
It does come back up when I push it but maybe not all the way.
Maybe I'll try and take the battery tray out so I can get to the 510 to take off and clean

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it's an authentic just open up a ticket with craving vapor.. it has lifetime warranty

Sent from my a very cloudy room

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.15 is a lil low for a hex imo, make sure potentiometer is all the way down as well

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it’s not a 510 issue, than maybe it is just that the builds in the rdas that won’t fire are just below the cutoff for what a hexohm will fire.
Try the same rdas with a higher ohm build and see what happens.

namklim

Member For 4 Years
.15 is a lil low for a hex imo, make sure potentiometer is all the way down as well

I was guessing . 15 would be OK as their website says it's good down to .10 although it also says .2 is recommended.
I will try different builds tomorrow. It's too close to bed time for this milkman to be building yet tonight.

namklim

Member For 4 Years
Well did some quick playing.
Thinking it's the . 15 builds not the 510.
I took the ones that wouldnt fire and removed one coil making them single coil and higher ohms. They all fire now.

Is this a warranty issue since it won't fire the . 15 builds as advertised or is this just the way all hexes are?

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well did some quick playing.
Thinking it's the . 15 builds not the 510.
I took the ones that wouldnt fire and removed one coil making them single coil and higher ohms. They all fire now.

Is this a warranty issue since it won't fire the . 15 builds as advertised or is this just the way all hexes are?

It's a series mod... so .1 us way too low. .1 is more a parrelel build.

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Was th voltage turned all the way up?

It won't fire with the potentiometer all the way up on builds below .2. If you put a .15 build on it, then turn the dual down below half and work your way up until you find your sweet spot. If it stops firing then you've reached the amp limit.

If it won't fire at all, even with the dial turned all the way down, on a build at or above .1, then it needs to be sent in for repairs.

namklim

Member For 4 Years
Was th voltage turned all the way up?

It won't fire with the potentiometer all the way up on builds below .2. If you put a .15 build on it, then turn the dual down below half and work your way up until you find your sweet spot. If it stops firing then you've reached the amp limit.

If it won't fire at all, even with the dial turned all the way down, on a build at or above .1, then it needs to be sent in for repairs.
No it was about 50
It won't fire til I take it down to 10 or 20 with a .15 build

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Ya, that's not right. You're sure it's a V3? Before the V3 they all had a 20 amp limit, so that could explain what you have going on. If it's an authentic V3 then there is something wrong and it's needs to be sent in.

namklim

Member For 4 Years
Ya, that's not right. You're sure it's a V3? Before the V3 they all had a 20 amp limit, so that could explain what you have going on. If it's an authentic V3 then there is something wrong and it's needs to be sent in.
I think it is authentic.
I bought it used on this site
5999687d695a561b50324b1b16cefd3a.jpg

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another pic
8fb1deba4dee99ec6662ddf00f9ad608.jpg

Looks auth to me. When yoy open a ticket they will ask you for that # and if verifys auth...theyll give an rma. I personally think it was the low builds though...id suggest runnubg .25 and above and as said previously..play with meter til sweetspot is found

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Sent my old v2 back because of a loose 510 and the guys at CV had it back to me all fixed , they had it for a day and the rest of the time it was in the mail.
8 Days, boom , fixed, free,
No problems with my v3.

VU Sponsors