Squonkers are Bonkers

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Validity may depend more on what she likes in terms of DRAW in addition to vapor + flavor.
For me, the draw HAS to be right - then I'll tweak for the other 2.

That's me all over - I think it's why I never made peace with the NarDa

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Validity may depend more on what she likes in terms of DRAW in addition to vapor + flavor.
For me, the draw HAS to be right - then I'll tweak for the other 2...

I run a Petri V2 and a Goon 22 on a Coppervape. I have a Wraith, but don't use it that much.
I like a "restricted" lung hit - so on my goon, I've only got 1 hole each side, or maybe 1 1/2 (thought that's really tricky on a Goon).
On the Petri as well - just 1/3 of the holes open...

I prefer a slightly warm vape, and "instant" response - minimal heat up and cool down.
So for that, and 1 battery mechs, I end up rummomg a simple wire dual coil.
I probably WOULD do SS, but for some bizarre reason SS doesn't agree with me - so it's Kanthal or Ni80.

I end up using 27 gauge, and 2.5 or 3.0 mm coils frequently, targeting 0.45 ohms or so.
Thicker wire and I run into too few wraps to get juicy... or too low resistance for my airflow preference and 1-battery mech.

Placement is usually a bit low, to facilitate wicking. Wicking is just enough to lie on the deck, not stuff empty space. Airholes are aimed at the coils.
I get DECENT Vapor, great flavor, and the vape I like.
It's not MASSIVE clouds, but it's a "dense" satisfying vapor.

View attachment 77674
Very nice Train! Thank you.

She is probably in between the MTL and DL draw tightness, that is one that makes it difficult.
I'm going to try your builds in my decks, thank you for these ideas.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah - I think I'm gonna rebuild one of my 0-16's again, too.
I tried a Z, and couldn't quite get happy with it, so they've got duals in them too - but I think it's time for another attempt.
:D

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks everyone for the input. I feel like I've made progress tonight with this, more then I was that is for sure.
@Train -- I'm going to try your setups this weekend on the MECH. Again, thank you for that info.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm currently hitting this O'Little setup on my DNA200.
Pre-Heat of 75W with a temp of 460F. This thing is nailing the flavor pretty good.
The avg power is holding at about 18W, so this would be really good to test on my MECH as well.

The Mech would be hitting it at about 12.61W (3.41A)

upload_2017-3-24_0-5-29.png

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So a little research and I found a little bit of a gold mine for those of you into the older atties....
Delaware vapor has a section for historic gear and there's a ton of authentic gear fairly cheap.
I got another derringer with a BF pin for $46 shipped....
I'm going nuts on these atties I missed out on in my reo days because I refused to have a hangover lol.
https://www.delawarevapor.com/The-Derringer-RDA-by-Praxis-Mods-p/praxisatty.htm

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not sure if anyone wants it, but I have a customized profile setup for this LV Halcyon BF with artwork.
upload_2017-3-24_0-18-54.png

The profiles are based on the same profile setup as @Wingsfan0310 (Steve) has for other DNA devices.
upload_2017-3-24_0-19-43.png
upload_2017-3-24_0-19-57.png
upload_2017-3-24_0-20-7.png
upload_2017-3-24_0-20-16.png
upload_2017-3-24_0-20-28.png
upload_2017-3-24_0-20-39.png
upload_2017-3-24_0-20-49.png
upload_2017-3-24_0-20-59.png

ZIP file is attached to this post if you would like to grab it. It includes the DNA200 profile as well as the artwork files.

Attachments

• Lost_Vapes_Halcyon_DNA200_BF_Custom.zip
    30.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So a little research and I found a little bit of a gold mine for those of you into the older atties....
Delaware vapor has a section for historic gear and there's a ton of authentic gear fairly cheap.
I got another derringer with a BF pin for $46 shipped....
I'm going nuts on these atties I missed out on in my reo days because I refused to have a hangover lol.
https://www.delawarevapor.com/The-Derringer-RDA-by-Praxis-Mods-p/praxisatty.htm

Challice III for $60

Thwonk - Lucy just fainted

Never saw one that cheap second hand even

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Fuck. Shit. I just spent 75 bucks for a used one. Just my luck. Buy high, sell low...

$75 is still an excellent deal - I'd call it a steal

EDIT:

The $60 new one sold immediately - no, not to me, lol

I don't think they actually had one at that price for a very long time

Last edited:

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Look how cute! It's a 16mm Odis O-atty!
For a tighter draw simple build, this might challenge an Origen Little
imgrc0072599292.jpg

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Look how cute! It's a 16mm Odis O-atty!
For a tighter draw simple build, this might challenge an Origen Little
imgrc0072599292.jpg

Wow, bt not a tiny price, lol

Fuck. Shit. I just spent 75 bucks for a used one. Just my luck. Buy high, sell low...

They were also out of the Origen Little I was gonna splurge on :(

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK Squonkers -- I'm looking for some coil ideas as it seems I keep running into a dead end.

What I've got --
- CoV Wraith (Single Battery Reg)
- LV Halcyon (LiPo 900mAh DNA)
- Coppervape (Single Battery Mech [20A Batteries] )

- Coppervape GOON Styled RDA (Single / Dual Coil)
- SXK Hadaly Styled RDA (Single Coil)
- Petri v2 (Dual Coil)

Problem:
Regulated Mods: I can't seem to find a good combination of flavor and battery life, even with a Samsung 30Q (20A, 3000mAh) the wife can go through 4-5 batteries in a single day. I don't let her use the Halcyon and she doesn't like the 'box / side squonk style.

The coil that I tried tonight was a 28g SS316L 14 wrap on 2.5mm ID. Vapor output was nice, but the flavor was bland. :facepalm:
I've tried all the way up to a 28g/36g SS316L Fused Clapton in these, even in dual coil mode ...
I usually run in these in wattage mode, but tried TC tonight as well on the Halcyon.

MECH Mod: I can't seem to find a good combination of anything ... I've thus far stuck to simple coils (nothing exotic) because in my mind if I can't get a good simple coil to work decent then why push further.

Detailed Problem:
Let me know if you want a list of everything / coil combinations I've tried ... I have quite a list of combinations from simple KA1, simple Ni80, all the way up to advanced SS316L builds.

If you would be so kind as to point me in the direction of some coil setups that have worked good for you, it would be much appreciated. I seem to grasp the RTA tanks without an issue, but these squonk attys seem to be defeating my intelligence and logic skills. :mad:

(If you would like me to post this in a new thread let me know and I'll move it over to a new one)

For my Hadaly, I am currently running a 3x26 gauge kanthal, hammered flat, 6/5 wraps, 3mm ID. great flavor.

422fc7106d99a6c2b8430f3192eaa64c.jpg

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK Squonkers -- I'm looking for some coil ideas as it seems I keep running into a dead end.

What I've got --
- CoV Wraith (Single Battery Reg)
- LV Halcyon (LiPo 900mAh DNA)
- Coppervape (Single Battery Mech [20A Batteries] )

- Coppervape GOON Styled RDA (Single / Dual Coil)
- SXK Hadaly Styled RDA (Single Coil)
- Petri v2 (Dual Coil)

Problem:
Regulated Mods: I can't seem to find a good combination of flavor and battery life, even with a Samsung 30Q (20A, 3000mAh) the wife can go through 4-5 batteries in a single day. I don't let her use the Halcyon and she doesn't like the 'box / side squonk style.

The coil that I tried tonight was a 28g SS316L 14 wrap on 2.5mm ID. Vapor output was nice, but the flavor was bland. :facepalm:
I've tried all the way up to a 28g/36g SS316L Fused Clapton in these, even in dual coil mode ...
I usually run in these in wattage mode, but tried TC tonight as well on the Halcyon.

MECH Mod: I can't seem to find a good combination of anything ... I've thus far stuck to simple coils (nothing exotic) because in my mind if I can't get a good simple coil to work decent then why push further.

Detailed Problem:
Let me know if you want a list of everything / coil combinations I've tried ... I have quite a list of combinations from simple KA1, simple Ni80, all the way up to advanced SS316L builds.

If you would be so kind as to point me in the direction of some coil setups that have worked good for you, it would be much appreciated. I seem to grasp the RTA tanks without an issue, but these squonk attys seem to be defeating my intelligence and logic skills. :mad:

(If you would like me to post this in a new thread let me know and I'll move it over to a new one)

My setup is almost identical to DogMan. Coppervape with Hadaly clone. I've tried single simple coils and Clapton. The best I've found for it is 26 guage SS316 parallel 2.5mm 6 wraps (.25 ohm) hung from the posts so that the top of the coil is even with the deck the coil clamps to and nice loose Cotton Bacon V2 wick.

I've noticed that if I get the wick too tight with this set up is won't wick fast enough for the coil. Just enough wick to barely have tension and fill the inside of the coil but the wick isn't compressed. This setup is f*ing fantastic flavor.

BTW, I use the exact same setup on my Pico Squeeze with Hadaly clone and get the same results.

Chris

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i just got a hadaly clone in and i love it. im running a dirty big framed staple coil on it at .2 ohms on a frankenskull clone. great flavor with the air wide opened. i tried closing it down to about half a hole to see if i could mtl it. while it was possible, this coil is a bit much. anyone using this in mtl mode? whats your build?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So, anyone know where I can get a No Fear Again by No Name?

Second hand okay, if it's in good condition of course.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok, so my squonking journey begins!

Picked up these two today from a guy selling on cl. Therion came with all original packaging including atty, spare bottle etc. Reo came with card and instruction sheet along with the 510 adjuster.

Now I just have to figure out how the he'll to work the DNA stuff as this is my first. Gonna plug it in and play around with escribe as I can't seem to find the basic presets (previous owner had a bunch in there but I don't know how to see what their actual values are.)

For the Reo what type of build should I go with using tobecco velocity v2?

Thanks for all your help and support with my squonking adventure!1490403442586-507343456.jpg 1490403683712-1068517888.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The NoFear Again is not in stock but they have the Unlimited, I just put one in my basket.....then emptied it 'cause it was waaay too tempting. I've been using the NoFear I got here on a trade, the NoFear Again is still sitting on the wood mod but I haven't used them yet. I need to clean them up (contacts and such) before I try them out, besides, I need to find the right drip tip. I have to tell you, the NoFear gets pretty hot with moderate chain vaping.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The NoFear Again is not in stock but they have the Unlimited, I just put one in my basket.....then emptied it 'cause it was waaay too tempting. I've been using the NoFear I got here on a trade, the NoFear Again is still sitting on the wood mod but I haven't used them yet. I need to clean them up (contacts and such) before I try them out, besides, I need to find the right drip tip. I have to tell you, the NoFear gets pretty hot with moderate chain vaping.

It's my understanding that the No Fear Again doesn't heat up as badly - but I don't see how you can avoid at least some heat with such a tiny chamber

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What are you used to? - Particularly regarding airflow (tight, wide open, etc) and watts?
That'll help decide what kind of build for the Reo.

Me I like "restricted" lung hits,"instant" response, and warm dense vapor - so I go for simple wire, dual coils, and about 0.5 ohms - with a single battery, that works for me.

Picked up these two today from a guy selling on cl. Therion came with all original packaging including atty, spare bottle etc. Reo came with card and instruction sheet along with the 510 adjuster.

Now I just have to figure out how the he'll to work the DNA stuff as this is my first. Gonna plug it in and play around with escribe as I can't seem to find the basic presets (previous owner had a bunch in there but I don't know how to see what their actual values are.)

Thanks for all your help and support with my squonking adventure!View attachment 77735 View attachment 77736

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's my understanding that the No Fear Again doesn't heat up as badly - but I don't see how you can avoid at least some heat with such a tiny chamber
It's almost impossible to avoid heating up, even with above 1 ohm coils. If you just want to try it out, I will send it to you for a month or so, see if you like it!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Thanks for all your help and support with my squonking adventure!View attachment 77735 View attachment 77736

I agree with @Train - build like you know you would like for dripping

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It's almost impossible to avoid heating up, even with above 1 ohm coils. If you just want to try it out, I will send it to you for a month or so, see if you like it!

That is super kind of you to offer, but I've had very bad luck sharing vape gear lately, lol

Better just to bite the bullet, then I don't have to worry if something happens to it :)

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What are you used to? - Particularly regarding airflow (tight, wide open, etc) and watts?
That'll help decide what kind of build for the Reo.

Me I like "restricted" lung hits,"instant" response, and warm dense vapor - so I go for simple wire, dual coils, and about 0.5 ohms - with a single battery, that works for me.
That sounds about spot on. I'm gonna play around a bit with some nichrome and ss builds around .5

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Anyone squonked the Cthuthulu (sp) Gaia RDTA yet?

Got one in my maybe cart at FT, lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm pretty set for squonk atties......for now, I think. I prefer the tight draw like the Cyclone (thank you JL), the NoFear (thank you Z), RM2, Chalice lll and O-Little. I like that origin so much, I'll try to get the authentic. For DL I have Derringer authentic and Hadaly authentic along with a O-atty from FT. I'm very tempted by the new O-atty mini (16 mm) but I will probably get the Origen Little first.
I also have a ShenRay Gem clone, but I don't have the time to play right now so it will have to wait a while.

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone squonked the Cthuthulu (sp) Gaia RDTA yet?

Got one in my maybe cart at FT, lol
I've got one and I have it set up for squonking.It's a decent rdta.The only problem when you squonk it is,when you let go of the bottle and it sucks back,it actually sucks some of the juice out of the tank.So you have to squonk several times to fill it.Cool thing is that you can change it from regular fill to bottom fill without having to take it apart or disturb your build.

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered an origen 16 and an LE86 from 3FVape yesterday.Will probably get the SXK version of the IAI also.And a authentic Firefly coming from Minimalsaint..........plenty of atties!

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Edited.Accidental double post.This can be ignored or deleted.

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Juice...the NoName NoPity is a decent atty.......:wave:

VU Sponsors