Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think that for me, at least for the time being, the dual tricro coil in 30g SS is the Nuppin setup. If any of you folks think of trying it, be forewarned, it does put out a bit of clouds an top of the flavor.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah, in fact, until last weekend I never built is with a double :p

Yeppers, I can be a lamo :giggle:
I don't think so, you found something that worked for you and stuck with it. I'm still searching....but I'm getting close.

Not too close, though, there's too many nice toys out there .

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I think that for me, at least for the time being, the dual tricro coil in 30g SS is the Nuppin setup. If any of you folks think of trying it, be forewarned, it does put out a bit of clouds an top of the flavor.

Might give it a shot - looks interesting for sure

Funny, I whipped out the 30G SS over the weekend because my fingers swelled up like sausages and I could hardly do a build. Took me about two hours to build a double on the Nuppin, normally maybe 10 minutes if I knit picked, lol

Flavor was still there and it ramped up like no one's business. Thought I would lose flavor, but its as tasty as can be

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All this love for the Nippon. I might have to get a clone to try it. The authentic is too rich for my blood

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, saw them "over there" this morning. At this time, tho, I'm saving up for more Nuppins:vino::drunk: and a mod...or three. I was about to order the Drone but I read someone's mini review here and decided I better try to wait....What I really want is a squonk box with a front opening like the Wraith but with a FSK chip in it. Maybe Hohm Tech will make one??? Or a flask/squonk..

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
All this love for the Nippon. I might have to get a clone to try it. The authentic is too rich for my blood

They were never produced on a commercial scale and never really cloned successfully

The Drifter is the Nuppin man - they are way, way worth the asking price

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They were never produced on a commercial scale and never really cloned successfully

The Drifter is the Nuppin man - they are way, way worth the asking price
That is the truth! they really are worth the price of admission to the Nuppin club.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, im sold..a Nuppin clone next on list..Still waiting for the Narda and and one other squonk rda from fasttech.

My power plug on my laptop seemed to have come loose inside and now doesnt power up but on a good note my phone is back working again so pics will be a must from now on from me.:cool:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, im sold..a Nuppin clone next on list..Still waiting for the Narda and and one other squonk rda from fasttech.

My power plug on my laptop seemed to have come loose inside and now doesnt power up but on a good note my phone is back working again so pics will be a must from now on from me.:cool:
I'm sorry to tell you, I haven't seen many Nuppins in the wild and I don't know of any Nuppin clones worth buying.

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know a lot of squonkers are going apeshit over the Armor rda,and they are hard to get.But 3fvape has the clone on pre order if anyone is interested.;)

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The one I seem was a 22mm ugh.

I think I remember a 22mm clone being produced awhile back. I think @Train tried it and said it was pretty janky. The deck holes were too close and not aligned and some other issues. The vape was no where near what a authentic nuppin produces because of the difference in internal chamber sizes.

I do post pictures of some of my custom caps because thats pretty much all I run on my squonkers. I havent tried the Goon, haladay, Stumpy because frankly, I feel I found the perfect vape for me.

My caps have ranged in diameter on the outside and the latest that I made was a 22mm one, but the internal dimensions are identical to the authentic nuppins chamber size and the air slots are placed and sized identically so the vape from my custom caps are the same as a standard nuppin cap with the airflow set to wide open. So while they look different, they vape the same.

I did have a few nuppins that I was willing to part with since I have quite a few, but the rest Im willing to part with are already promised out so really I dont have anymore I willing to let go of. So unfortunately I cant be your hookup for one, you will have to keep a eye out in the classys for them :(

The custom clear caps I make I dont really sell, I did make 6 clears for a giveaway for the last nuppin run and have made a several extras here and there that I gave away to friends who dig my stuff, but those were just that, a few extras. I would hate to have to submit a PMTA with the fda for clear caps and drip tips so I wont be producing them for sale in any near future either unless something dramatic happens with the fda regulations :(

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I think I remember a 22mm clone being produced awhile back. I think @Train tried it and said it was pretty janky. The deck holes were too close and not aligned and some other issues. The vape was no where near what a authentic nuppin produces because of the difference in internal chamber sizes.

I do post pictures of some of my custom caps because thats pretty much all I run on my squonkers. I havent tried the Goon, haladay, Stumpy because frankly, I feel I found the perfect vape for me.

My caps have ranged in diameter on the outside and the latest that I made was a 22mm one, but the internal dimensions are identical to the authentic nuppins chamber size and the air slots are placed and sized identically so the vape from my custom caps are the same as a standard nuppin cap with the airflow set to wide open. So while they look different, they vape the same.

I did have a few nuppins that I was willing to part with since I have quite a few, but the rest Im willing to part with are already promised out so really I dont have anymore I willing to let go of. So unfortunately I cant be your hookup for one, you will have to keep a eye out in the classys for them :(

The custom clear caps I make I dont really sell, I did make 6 clears for a giveaway for the last nuppin run and have made a several extras here and there that I gave away to friends who dig my stuff, but those were just that, a few extras. I would hate to have to submit a PMTA with the fda for clear caps and drip tips so I wont be producing them for sale in any near future either unless something dramatic happens with the fda regulations :(

I was going to ask you about that - it's serious eye candy - in addition to knowing it is absolutely top-of-the-line vaping :cool:

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@The.Drifter, you provide FAR MORE in help and general good stuffs than anyone could ask - don't feel bad ya can't (currently) meet Nuppin needz.
:D Who knows, maybe...someday...there'll be another batch.

And oh, yeah - the "clone".
It's not.
Don't even.
I want my $4 back.

It's not like it was a poorly machined atty. No - it was a bad joke. A waste of chinesium alloy.
Literally - LITERALLY un-build-able.
A hunk of shit, useful maybe if you were looking for something you could use to strip threads with? I dunno.
Yeah - the holes in the deck were RANDOM, and the screws would not capture wire, and the whole idea of just KIND OF copying the deck but at 22mm was probably stupid in the first place.

Save yer $ and keep trying other stuff!

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Mulciber has dethroned everything else In my collection, Hadaly included. This thing just rips in every aspect for my personal taste... just perfect.

6JcPXRY.jpg

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was going to ask you about that - it's serious eye candy - in addition to knowing it is absolutely top-of-the-line vaping :cool:

Eye candy :) I love to tease, so here's a little more :D

h8epsq4qv3uc4df6g.jpg

I did make a few extras trying to find the right proportion of height to width, but those went to the trash heap. I only had enough material this run to make three 22mm caps and one was given to my friend who made the ultem mod for me. The other two Im keeping :(

However......the CNC is still set up and I am expecting some material in later this week, and I do want to make a few more personal caps...... so maybe there might be a few extra drops of material I can turn into caps for a few friends.......

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Eye candy :) I love to tease, so here's a little more :D

h8epsq4qv3uc4df6g.jpg

I did make a few extras trying to find the right proportion of height to width, but those went to the trash heap. I only had enough material this run to make three 22mm caps and one was given to my friend who made the ultem mod for me. The other two Im keeping :(

However......the CNC is still set up and I am expecting some material in later this week, and I do want to make a few more personal caps...... so maybe there might be a few extra drops of material I can turn into caps for a few friends.......
They look fantastic, much jealous I am of your fancy machines and mad skills!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anyone else try the Maze RDA?...Mine came with the VT75 inbox...It seems to be decent flavor wise and clouds arent all that bad. Heres my start to squonking.

Left to right: Lostvape Therion 75bf..Hcigar VT75 Inbox..Terminator.
20170418_202115.jpg

Last edited:

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't had it happen (I have 1, authentic) - but I saw a post where someone said flipping the little clamp-thingies (that's a technical term) upside down seemed to solve it.

Yep, pull the clamps-flip them upside down and swap sides so they fit right. The only downside is that it is harder to get the wire underneath. But, they will clamp better.

FYI, the original doesn't have this issue.

Chris

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Restricted lung hit? .3-.4 ohms? 316l?

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Restricted lung hit? .3-.4 ohms? 316l?

It can go from MTL all the way to a pretty airy DLH airflow, it's got 2 rings that you can change out for airflow options, I prefer the single slot for flavor but the dual is not bad either, just a little more air than I prefer.
Edit: I'm hanging right around .5 in the Mulciber, 6 wraps SS 316L, plain old spaced coil.

Last edited:

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm kinda convinced. Just need another sale or discount code from them!!
:D
It can go from MTL all the way to a pretty airy DLH airflow, it's got 2 rings that you can change out for airflow options, I prefer the single slot for flavor but the dual is not bad either, just a little more air than I prefer.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Post up some WTB ads, that's how I found mine while Tiberian was shut down... are you on Facebook? I saw a guy earlier selling one for $50 which isn't bad at all!

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not...I mean, I CAN, but won't unless it is absolutely required - and that really isn't gonna happen over vape gear...

I have a thing about internet anonymity...I avoid Facebook, Instascam, etc. I don't use an iphone. I hardly install apps - have you ever reviewed settings/permissions? (like why would an online fake-money poker game need to know my location? Why the FUCK does Uber want my browsing history and access to my emails? - these may not be exact, but they're realistic). And I don't ever "sign in" to Google, or YouTube, or anything else they own. Win10, too ate up some time disconnecting automatic sharing of my shit.

/rant
:rolleyes:
Anyway - nah, not on F-book, lol.
I'll keep checking for a code, until my patience wears out. At least it's not a $150 atty!
:)

Post up some WTB ads, that's how I found mine while Tiberian was shut down... are you on Facebook? I saw a guy earlier selling one for $50 which isn't bad at all!

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not...I mean, I CAN, but won't unless it is absolutely required - and that really isn't gonna happen over vape gear...

I have a thing about internet anonymity...I avoid Facebook, Instascam, etc. I don't use an iphone. I hardly install apps - have you ever reviewed settings/permissions? (like why would an online fake-money poker game need to know my location? Why the FUCK does Uber want my browsing history and access to my emails? - these may not be exact, but they're realistic). And I don't ever "sign in" to Google, or YouTube, or anything else they own. Win10, too ate up some time disconnecting automatic sharing of my shit.

/rant
:rolleyes:
Anyway - nah, not on F-book, lol.
I'll keep checking for a code, until my patience wears out. At least it's not a $150 atty!
:)

A wise man, I respect the hell out of that.
Facebook is the source of more fucking drama than any single person should have access to, the vaping world on Facebook is unreal at times. Exclusivity is as prevalent in squonking as it was back in the GG / Paps days and the "haves" can really be a bunch of twats to regular guys looking to source a nice piece of gear. Everybody recommends shit that they know people can't get, just to post a picture and talk about how fantastic "what you're missing" really is.
Let's talk about rants lol... where was I?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
A wise man, I respect the hell out of that.
Facebook is the source of more fucking drama than any single person should have access to, the vaping world on Facebook is unreal at times. Exclusivity is as prevalent in squonking as it was back in the GG / Paps days and the "haves" can really be a bunch of twats to regular guys looking to source a nice piece of gear. Everybody recommends shit that they know people can't get, just to post a picture and talk about how fantastic "what you're missing" really is.
Let's talk about rants lol... where was I?

We were talking about pink and purple Orcas, lol

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyone else try the Maze RDA?...Mine came with the VT75 inbox...It seems to be decent flavor wise and clouds arent all that bad. Heres my start to squonking.

Left to right: Lostvape Therion 75bf..Hcigar VT75 Inbox..Terminator.
View attachment 79959
Nice start!

The Maze was kind of meh for me. I really don't care much for a Kennedy style airflow as I tend to oversquonk and then it's just a mess. The airflow on it is too far away from the center posts, so you either have to build big coils or leave extra long legs.

And it whistles... Not so much with the Ultem cap as its tapered and sits closer to your coils. I was concerned about too much heat with the Ultem cap as it is so thin, so I moved the coils (dual 24g) closer to the posts. Unfortunately that also takes the coils out of the direct airflow.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just grabbed a KLS from 3F since they have all been pulled from FT, possible legal issues...
Looks like another great single coil flavor RDA.

VU Sponsors