Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
just got my first squonker! Hcigar VT Inbox with the Maze v2 RDA. Also ordered a hadaly clone to see if Ill like it enough to go get the authentic one but that one hasnt shipped yet from fasttech so its the Maze for now.

Basically new to vaping... 3-4 months in because I quit cigarettes and Ive been chasing flavor.

Any suggestions for a simple dual coil flavor build on the Maze RDA that wont kill the battery fast? Looking for flavor vs vapor.

I have 26 and 24 g SS wire. Also have some pre-built 26/30 SS claptons that i can use to build.

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
26 gauge or 24 gauge. Claptons burn through batteries quick.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk
Suggestions for a specific build to be run at around 50 watts or less would be helpful. How many wraps would be a good start per coil on a 3mm diameter?

I'm a single coil guy since I started. Tried a dual coil kanthal and dual coil Clapton on an avocado and I had to run it at 70 to 80 watts. Killed those builds and put back a single on it haha.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Suggestions for a specific build to be run at around 50 watts or less would be helpful. How many wraps would be a good start per coil on a 3mm diameter?

I'm a single coil guy since I started. Tried a dual coil kanthal and dual coil Clapton on an avocado and I had to run it at 70 to 80 watts. Killed those builds and put back a single on it haha.

I would do 24 gauge 5 wraps dual coil at 50 watts but that's my preference.

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wait... is it alright to ohm that low? gonna come out to around .13 on dual coil according to steam engine. i only have SS for now.
If you have a dual battery mod you'll be fine. You might need more watts for more wraps on your coil.

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would do 24 gauge 5 wraps dual coil at 50 watts but that's my preference.

Will try that out. Appreciate it.
If you have a dual battery mod you'll be fine. You might need more watts for more wraps on your coil.

Build suggestions for a single battery mod? Just got the VT Inbox earlier and the only squonk atomizer I have is the one included which is the Maze and it's dual coil only.

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Build suggestions for a single battery mod? Just got the VT Inbox earlier and the only squonk atomizer I have is the one included which is the Maze and it's dual coil only.

You would need around 10 wraps but I'm not sure how it would vape at 50 watts. I don't use stainless all that much to tell you the truth.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You would need around 10 wraps but I'm not sure how it would vape at 50 watts. I don't use stainless all that much to tell you the truth.

I tried duals in my inbox. To make a long story short I use nothing but single now. Got alot of single coil attys coming out and available. The atty came with inbox is collecting dust.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried duals in my inbox. To make a long story short I use nothing but single now. Got alot of single coil attys coming out and available. The atty came with inbox is collecting dust.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I have to love with it until my hadaly clone arrives. Probably in 6 weeks or so.

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to love with it until my hadaly clone arrives. Probably in 6 weeks or so.

Your gonna love the hadaly. The flavor on it is absolutely divine. Best flavor atty I've used.

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I assume that the Maze rda does not allow the option to just run one side of the deck with a single coil. If so, then I'd suggest using 26 or 28 gauge SS with 6 or 8 coils at 2.5 or 3mm. This should run within your wattage requirements.

I'm running a parallel in 26 gauge SS, 6 wraps at 3mm in my Hadaly on the VT Inbox and it runs great at 33-40 watts depending on the juice. The parallel coil is essentially the same as a dual coil but in a smaller single coil space. Very flavorful BTW.

Chris

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I assume that the Maze rda does not allow the option to just run one side of the deck with a single coil. If so, then I'd suggest using 26 or 28 gauge SS with 6 or 8 coils at 2.5 or 3mm. This should run within your wattage requirements.

I'm running a parallel in 26 gauge SS, 6 wraps at 3mm in my Hadaly on the VT Inbox and it runs great at 33-40 watts depending on the juice. The parallel coil is essentially the same as a dual coil but in a smaller single coil space. Very flavorful BTW.

Chris
Just tried my first build on the Maze. Dual SS 26 guage 8 loops. Pretty meh at 60 watts. Can't wait for my hadaly clone. Fasttech hasn't shipped it yet.

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just tried my first build on the Maze. Dual SS 26 guage 8 loops. Pretty meh at 60 watts. Can't wait for my hadaly clone. Fasttech hasn't shipped it yet.

Yeah, I'm a flavor person too. I have yet to try a dual coil airy type atomizer that I like very much other than the Avocado 22. And that has been untouched since I started with the squonkers and Hadaly.

Chris

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow you must really like that coppervape. Seems very popular round' these parts. Where would a regular joe shmo like me get one?

FastTech carries them and they are not too ghastly expensive. Do not be put off by them being "cheap" though. They are rather good mechanical mods, imho. I would place them on "rough" equal footing with if not authentic Reos then at least with Reo clones. IIRC, the silver kit runs about $35 and the Brass (ooooh, ahhhh) runs around $45-48.

Here's a link to a search on Fast tech, you'll see them. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyone else need to bore out a hole in the Goon LP clones from Fasttech? If so, what size bit you use/suggest?

The insulation is fine. The brass block has a halfway through hole. That makes squonking all hell's o' fun. NOT! *chuckles* Figured I would just bore it out / have help to bore it out. FastTech merely warehouses product and sells it out, not their fault per say and I'm not interested in waiting two months to get replacements for decks a i paid roughly $10 or less for.

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I'm a flavor person too. I have yet to try a dual coil airy type atomizer that I like very much other than the Avocado 22. And that has been untouched since I started with the squonkers and Hadaly.

Chris
How do you build the avocado 22? I don't seem to like it that much.. probably my build is crap for it. Also how do you setup the airflow and at what power do you run it?

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
just got my first squonker! Hcigar VT Inbox with the Maze v2 RDA. Also ordered a hadaly clone to see if Ill like it enough to go get the authentic one but that one hasnt shipped yet from fasttech so its the Maze for now.

Basically new to vaping... 3-4 months in because I quit cigarettes and Ive been chasing flavor.

Any suggestions for a simple dual coil flavor build on the Maze RDA that wont kill the battery fast? Looking for flavor vs vapor.

I have 26 and 24 g SS wire. Also have some pre-built 26/30 SS claptons that i can use to build.
Congrats on the VT Inbox!
The included Maze V2 RDA is pretty much useless, the airflow is way too close to the sidewalls. You have to build big coils or leave long legs, HCigar should have included a single coil RDA with the Inbox. I imagine they have quite the surplus of Maze RDAs due to lack of sales... :giggle:

I have built quite a few different configurations on the Maze before I came to the conclusion that you can only polish a turd for so long. In the end it's still a turd.

I have used the Hadaly, LE86, IAI V2, Origin 16, V-RDA, O-Atty on the Inbox with great sucess, the Peerless is hing of the hill on it now.
A dual coil 6 wrap 24g SS316L gives a nice vape in the Peerless on the Inbox at 60W. I built all my setups with a heatflux between 200 to 250.

Good luck with the Maze, it's quite unimpressive so don't beat your head against the wall trying to get a great vape from it.

Last edited:

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How do you build the avocado 22? I don't seem to like it that much.. probably my build is crap for it. Also how do you setup the airflow and at what power do you run it?

I have not tried the new Avo22 but the best thing I did for my Avo24 was to get rid of it. GeekVape looks like they have tried to improve on the Avocado lineup with the 22, making it similar to the Limitiless RDTA. I have both the Limitless Plus and Combo RDTAs which are tried and true performers, you might want to look into one of those or possible the new iJoy RDTA 5.

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can't agree with this enough
Was thinking of changing the build tomorrow.. I guess I'll just vape my crap juice on it since the Maze guzzles juice in dual coil while being meh in terms of flavor.

On the bright side.. looks like fasttech just shipped my hadaly clone! I should have it in 6 to 8 weeks LOL. Postal service sucks in my country.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Was thinking of changing the build tomorrow.. I guess I'll just vape my crap juice on it since the Maze guzzles juice in dual coil while being meh in terms of flavor.

On the bright side.. looks like fasttech just shipped my hadaly clone! I should have it in 6 to 8 weeks LOL. Postal service sucks in my country.

If you have any local B&M vape shops near you, see if they have any Tobeco Velocity Mini's in stock, decent RDA that will work with smaller builds and it comes with a squonk pin.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So i got my Coppervape as well as the Narda and Hadaly rda's...I assumed both were for squonker use and the Narda comes with a squonk pin but im very disappointed to find the Hadaly has no squonk pin at all with it...Also my order didnt include the "rebuild" kit for the coppervape so i need to talk with fasttech about that.

In any case im certainly enjoying the coppervape with my Maze v2 rda..a brass coppervape will be ordered tonight.

Does anyone know where to find a squonk pin for the Hadaly?
20170426_174100.jpg

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So i got my Coppervape as well as the Narda and Hadaly rda's...I assumed both were for squonker use and the Narda comes with a squonk pin but im very disappointed to find the Hadaly has no squonk pin at all with it...Also my order didnt include the "rebuild" kit for the coppervape so i need to talk with fasttech about that.

In any case im certainly enjoying the coppervape with my Maze v2 rda..a brass coppervape will be ordered tonight.

Does anyone know where to find a squonk pin for the Hadaly?
View attachment 80649

Only the SXK clone and the ShenRay clone of the Hadaly come with a squonk pin

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
1bdafd403e9637c2b18e92e6a9b35a89.jpg

BrandonRawks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good evening all! Just a little heads up if anyone was looking at the Advken Gorge RDA.... I got 2 of them in today and so far I think I like the way they vape, although it's pretty wide open airflow wise and that will take some getting used to for me. It will be great for those of you that like a lot of airflow. I'm experimenting with builds because closing down the airflow is giving some whistling noises so far.

Anyway - neither of my 510 pins were drilled all the way through for bottom feeding. They have holes at both ends, so it looks like it would squonk, but it's solid in the middle. Good times. None of my spare squonk pins fit it very well either. It's a 3mm threaded section with a reduced shoulder (like the goon pin, but 3mm instead of 2.5mm). I have it kind of working for the moment using a velocity pin, but since the head is too thick it leaves a very long positive end, causing a pretty big gap at the mod. I'll pull out the drill press tomorrow to finish the job on the stock pins, and get them flush, but I wanted to let you fine folks know that if you get one, you'll probably have to futz around with it too.

Always an adventure, right?

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good evening all! Just a little heads up if anyone was looking at the Advken Gorge RDA.... I got 2 of them in today and so far I think I like the way they vape, although it's pretty wide open airflow wise and that will take some getting used to for me. It will be great for those of you that like a lot of airflow. I'm experimenting with builds because closing down the airflow is giving some whistling noises so far.

Anyway - neither of my 510 pins were drilled all the way through for bottom feeding. They have holes at both ends, so it looks like it would squonk, but it's solid in the middle. Good times. None of my spare squonk pins fit it very well either. It's a 3mm threaded section with a reduced shoulder (like the goon pin, but 3mm instead of 2.5mm). I have it kind of working for the moment using a velocity pin, but since the head is too thick it leaves a very long positive end, causing a pretty big gap at the mod. I'll pull out the drill press tomorrow to finish the job on the stock pins, and get them flush, but I wanted to let you fine folks know that if you get one, you'll probably have to futz around with it too.

Always an adventure, right?
There is a tiny grub screw inside the pin that has to be removed for it to squonk. That is what the allen wrench is for. The Velocity v2 was the same way.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Is it just the wire trapping that is better on the ShenRay?

Only had the SXK clone and the authentic personally

However, more than one squonker here that I trust have had both clones and the ShenRay wins hands down - enough that I feel confident advising someone to go with the ShenRay

I should probably get the ShenRay clone to have a good first-hand comparison to the authentic though

BrandonRawks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Only had the SXK clone and the authentic personally

However, more than one squonker here that I trust have had both clones and the ShenRay wins hands down - enough that I feel confident advising someone to go with the ShenRay

I should probably get the ShenRay clone to have a good first-hand comparison to the authentic though

Can confirm. I have all the versions I know of, and only like the authentic and the Shenray. The SXK looks right, but doesn't vape nearly as well.

VU Sponsors