Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you build the avocado 22? I don't seem to like it that much.. probably my build is crap for it. Also how do you setup the airflow and at what power do you run it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I used dual 28 gauge kanthal with 8 spaced wraps at 2mm. Make sure the wick has space around it in the tank holes. Also, I never had good luck with wicking all the way down into the tank. The best performance for me had the wick just barely visible at the top of the tank glass. This setup will leak if left on it's side but will taste great.

I would run this around 30+ watts and it was fantastic.

Chris

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can confirm. I have all the versions I know of, and only like the authentic and the Shenray. The SXK looks right, but doesn't vape nearly as well.

I checked mine, the air holes on one side are not machined the same size as the other side. This is in the deck, not the cap. Thankfully I actually received an authentic while I was waiting for my Fasttech shipment.

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Help... I need a better bottle for the "Drone" - works fine when it's full, but from about 1/2 empty you gotta squeeze the life outta it.
I searched and found all kinds of talk about "Italian" and some others that are better than "Italian" but can't find a clue on where to get 'em.

Oh and after reading the last 6 or 7 pages I feel like I gotta go wash my eyeballs :eek:

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Only had the SXK clone and the authentic personally

However, more than one squonker here that I trust have had both clones and the ShenRay wins hands down - enough that I feel confident advising someone to go with the ShenRay

I should probably get the ShenRay clone to have a good first-hand comparison to the authentic though
Can confirm. I have all the versions I know of, and only like the authentic and the Shenray. The SXK looks right, but doesn't vape nearly as well.

Thanks guys, well I guess a ShenRay will have to be added on the next order then. :cheers:

Jlankford3336

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Quick question, I started messing with my new to me coppervape and authentic hadaly. Coppervape fires intermittently, press the button and it may fire or it may not. I've tried different batteries and two other squonking attys. What should I check to fix this?
Thank you

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Quick question, I started messing with my new to me coppervape and authentic hadaly. Coppervape fires intermittently, press the button and it may fire or it may not. I've tried different batteries and two other squonking attys. What should I check to fix this?
Thank you
I hope this makes sense. But the little gap the firing pin sits in was too narrow on some. Just use a file or similar to broaden where the firing pin sits and moves a whisker.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you

Have you checked the brass flat head screw that makes contact with the battery to see that it is tight? Also, the bottle should be fully snug as it holds the brass electrical contact from the screw contact to the 510 pin.

Chris

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Help... I need a better bottle for the "Drone" - works fine when it's full, but from about 1/2 empty you gotta squeeze the life outta it.
I searched and found all kinds of talk about "Italian" and some others that are better than "Italian" but can't find a clue on where to get 'em.

Oh and after reading the last 6 or 7 pages I feel like I gotta go wash my eyeballs :eek:

try these
http://www.modmaker.co.uk/MM-Squonker-Bottle-Kit

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you
One other thing, I have noticed with mine that you need to keep the surfaces between the body and the top clean. I'll start getting intermittent firing if I don't wipe those surfaces down regularly.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some have reported the need to use a file on the plastic button to make it push down smoothly - I have five of these and use three in my rotation religiously

make sure the bottle cap is screwed in tightly and the screw holding in button is secure.

Some folks also recommend giving the screw on the firing button a couple of light sideways swipes with a file.

I had one start to give me problems and someone here (I think it was Rudedog?) suggested a few sideways swipes with a file as shown below

That is what worked when one of mine started giving me problems.

I wipe mine down once a day with alcohol (usually vodka, but Everclear and isopropal also work) to keep them clean. Any gunk builds up and they tend to not to want to fire. A once a day quick wipedown is usually more than sufficient.

View attachment 72272

this is a good CV bug fixing post c/o juicylucy

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FYI, 3FVape now carries Coppervape and you can choose whether you want it without the atomizer for a little less money.

Just ordered a brass coppervape and some atties. Now I'm going to see if this stuff gets here before my order from 2fdeal made at the beginning of the month.

Chris

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Look who signed on as an unlisted vendor guys:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hi-everyone-mechanical-wood-mods-for-sale.322185/

Some of you might want to wander over and say Hi.

Wayne is just getting his feet wet at VU. I'm sure he's trying to sort out the differences about vendor rules here and over at "that other place." Like he isn't even mentioning he worked/works for reosmods by name - but I'm pretty sure that would be ok if he did. At least at VU it would be.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Look who signed on as an unlisted vendor guys:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hi-everyone-mechanical-wood-mods-for-sale.322185/

Some of you might want to wander over and say Hi.

Wayne is just getting his feet wet at VU. I'm sure he's trying to sort out the differences about vendor rules here and over at "that other place." Like he isn't even mentioning he worked/works for reosmods by name - but I'm pretty sure that would be ok if he did. At least at VU it would be.
They sure look nice, too bad I'm on a "vaping diet", at least for now.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, I settled on getting my cousin a REO Grand Lp last night - with a brand new Nuppin I had stashed (thanks Drifter!!!) as a "congratulations on quitting cigarettes" present

She went for purple - it must be in the blood, lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've always believed @JuicyLucy was a nice and kind person. The REO by itself is great, paired with a Nuppin, it is awesome.
The mailman has arrived and he was bearing gifts 20170428_150434.jpg
A Nuppin, a Chalice ll and a Cyclone AFC. I already had the Chalice lll, now to find a Chalice l....or hen's teeth:confused:

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've always believed @JuicyLucy was a nice and kind person. The REO by itself is great, paired with a Nuppin, it is awesome.
The mailman has arrived and he was bearing gifts View attachment 80819
A Nuppin, a Chalice ll and a Cyclone AFC. I already had the Chalice lll, now to find a Chalice l....or hen's teeth:confused:

Now that is some vape mail!!!!

Congratulations!

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The mailman has arrived and he was bearing gifts View attachment 80819

Congrats :cheers: Such an awesome vape Mail haul !!!!! Your gonna love the pinch after you get done staring at it :D I recommend you contact Peter and let him know you got one now and he will send some videos to you on how to set it up/ care and maintenance. Scored a rare Brass Nuppin too I see, it's gonna look great on that pinch :)

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I settled on getting my cousin a REO Grand Lp last night - with a brand new Nuppin I had stashed
Riding down the Taylor Highway to get my picture taken on the banks of the mighty Yukon River in beautiful downtown Eagle, AK (see avatar), I passed many Gold Mines. NOW I know who must own all those mines! :yes:

Will you adopt me? Please? :question:
I know how to work a pan and can learn how to run a dredge!

Ron
----
"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats :cheers: Such an awesome vape Mail haul !!!!! Your gonna love the pinch after you get done staring at it :D I recommend you contact Peter and let him know you got one now and he will send some videos to you on how to set it up/ care and maintenance. Scored a rare Brass Nuppin too I see, it's gonna look great on that pinch :)
I take it Peter is the one and only pdib? How do I go about contacting him, please?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Riding down the Taylor Highway to get my picture taken on the banks of the mighty Yukon River in beautiful downtown Eagle, AK (see avatar), I passed many Gold Mines. NOW I know who must own all those mines! :yes:

Will you adopt me? Please? :question:
I know how to work a pan and can learn how to run a dredge!

Ron
----
"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov

Some of the poorest people I know are gold miners, lol

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
87360f4367b9e820b988a0e9aa57e3f1.jpg
c1e13ee809e6ef30902434f5077fe55c.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats a Naval Brass Nuppin Brewbear, you dont want to mess with that. Naval brass doesnt patina as quickly as some other brass and it will stay beautiful with just a little polish and elbow grease when the time comes.
I sure as he!! don't, thank you for letting me know since I had no clue. Now I have to look for whatever Navy and Marines use to polish their brass works....

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I may not have mentioned this before (well, probably less than 1,000 times for sure) but the Nuppin is an awesome atty! Now, I need to find more replacement grub screws, extra tiny little hex wrench and replacement delrin? 510 pin/center post cup/insulator since the one in the brass Nuppin I just acquired is slightly scorched on one side.

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I may not have mentioned this before (well, probably less than 1,000 times for sure) but the Nuppin is an awesome atty! Now, I need to find more replacement grub screws, extra tiny little hex wrench and replacement delrin? 510 pin/center post cup/insulator since the one in the brass Nuppin I just acquired is slightly scorched on one side.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...y-tech-specs-info.524238/page-5#post-14454273

Your gonna have to ask Peter if he still has any spares of the rest.

VU Sponsors