Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Look! China has a new idea for setting up a little squonk-box!

Oh, wait, no....it's just a clone with the door on wrong.
icarus-style-bf-squonk-mechanical-box-mod-orange-aluminum-85ml-1-x-18650.jpg
That new Pinky squonker is upside down.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Damn the wasp tops off the sonar box better than the Hadalay...
29e853889602c347bc6c725036889453.jpg

BAM crew

Still waiting for mine. It's been stuck on the slow boat since the 8th ;_;

Tempted to order another from 3F and see if it gets here before my Slowtech order gets here

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Still waiting for mine. It's been stuck on the slow boat since the 8th ;_;

Tempted to order another from 3F and see if it gets here before my Slowtech order gets here
I'm thoroughly impressed... The Build quality alone is better than the 0-atty was. It's also the easiest to build on over all the other similar single coil attys.

Hope you get it soon!

BAM crew

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Look! China has a new idea for setting up a little squonk-box!

Oh, wait, no....it's just a clone with the door on wrong.
icarus-style-bf-squonk-mechanical-box-mod-orange-aluminum-85ml-1-x-18650.jpg
Hahaha....I asked the vendor for pictures with the cover off----:giggle:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't think my thoughts would help you.

It is like me reading "better than a hadaly". Different strokes

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Haahaha!!!
You're right, I should have clarified.
I was really basing that statement purely on looks.
The ultum looks much better on the wood than the stainless in my opinion.

Build quality is pretty similar to what I got with the hadalay. Performance wise it's much more airflow; but, handles much larger builds and the flavor is pretty close.

BAM crew

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Luck says I get the hand made bullet bracelet I ordered Saturday before Slowtech's order
Ahh another member of Murphy's club. It literally took close to a month to get this.

BAM crew

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Shit, I'll probably be rocking the best new thing before I get that wasp
You could be... Or maybe the wasp will be the next 'thump' and never become obsolete.
I doubt it... But stranger things have happened.

BAM crew

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
At least it isn't like it used to be 2 years ago where everyone nutted over a new release a week

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
At least it isn't like it used to be 2 years ago where everyone nutted over a new release a week
Omg I know! Before that was the wick wars.
I fell victim to the weekly release crap for a while. Then I realized I always went back to the same shit and stopped...
It only cost me a few thousand dollars before I stopped, but still.
Now I can't help but laugh every time I see someone suggest the latest and greatest in the noob threads. A product has been available for less than 10 days and of course someone is recommending it to a guy that was smoked his last cigarette 24 hours ago.

BAM crew

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I fell victim to the weekly release crap for a while. Then I realized I always went back to the same shit and stopped...
I think we all did when we started! I know I did, big time!

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Omg I know! Before that was the wick wars.
Now I can't help but laugh every time I see someone suggest the latest and greatest in the noob threads. A product has been available for less than 10 days and of course someone is recommending it to a guy that was smoked his last cigarette 24 hours ago.

BAM crew

Did that around when the first protank came out, I blew so much stupid $ on crap and still ended up using the protank till the second one came out.

After that I got into mechs & built a nice collection of those

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think we all did when we started! I know I did, big time!

Roger that.
Honestly I stayed out of the gear aquisition side for the first year I was vaping.
I was a late bloomer; but, when I went nuts, I went really nuts! Hell, when the dna40 was released I picked up 9 vaporshark mods in less than 2 months.
I still don't know what the fuck I was thinking to buy 9 of the same mod. Stupid thing is, half had dead boards, but instead of a refund I had them swap the mods out.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I tend to limit myself to three mods (of the same). The G2 and Slice. Now, Nuppins....that's a different story all together:(. I guess no matter how many I'll have, I'll still be one short!
I'll never do that again... I have kept up with two of all my regulated devices. Now I'm trading some of those for mechmods. Atty wise I've got myself down to a few options but several multiples of the ones I always want. But I'm trying to reserve purchases for something different.
Hell, took Hank 6 months of nagging me before I bought a goon. Now I have 4 of them.
Damn I miss my friend :(

BAM crew

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll never do that again... I have kept up with two of all my regulated devices. Now I'm trading some of those for mechmods. Atty wise I've got myself down to a few options but several multiples of the ones I always want. But I'm trying to reserve purchases for something different.
Hell, took Hank 6 months of nagging me before I bought a goon. Now I have 4 of them.
Damn I miss my friend :(

BAM crew
You know better than to say you'll never do that again! We all said it....many times before!. My favorite is : this is the last mod I'll ever buy!.... I keep telling myself that every time I buy a new mod:confused:, the problem is that a little voice in my head finishes my sentence with ".... this week"

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You know better than to say you'll never do that again! We all said it....many times before!. My favorite is : this is the last mod I'll ever buy!.... I keep telling myself that every time I buy a new mod:confused:, the problem is that a little voice in my head finishes my sentence with ".... this week"
Bahaa!!!
Ahh I've said that so many times. Fortunately I see the regulated mod field as done.
There really isn't much more that can be done to the performance side.
If we can now, vape safely above 300w, limit temperature fairly effectively and even map out power curves or preheat coils; I can't think of any true performance enhancements that would be 'game changing.'
If all they are doing is changing the UI, I have no interest. I don't care about color screens, I don't care about clocks, touchscreen, adding a wallpaper or any of the fluff crap. Until someone changes or improves something for performance, I'll be happy with my DNA mods for regulated. I have a few nice squonkers, one DNA, one mech; and, one with an Okl board, so I'm good there.
Now, I'm finally getting the mechmods I've been having on the back burner.
I was wanting a parallel box from a company down in Nola for years, and I finally got it tonight. The company has been out of business for a year. I have also always wanted a nice, high quality, sexy phillipino box for years, and I may finally have a deal going for one.
Other than that, I'm totally happy picking up a nice copper tube once in a while.

BAM crew

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see your point and totally agree with it. I'm on a list for a nice wood squonk by the same guy that made the dual mods a couple of pages back. Other than that, a squonk mod with a FSK chip in it but that one I may have to make since Hohm Tech is concentrating their efforts in battery and charger development.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I see your point and totally agree with it. I'm on a list for a nice wood squonk by the same guy that made the dual mods a couple of pages back. Other than that, a squonk mod with a FSK chip in it but that one I may have to make since Hohm Tech is concentrating their efforts in battery and charger development.

That's a smart move on their part.
The charges we use are all pretty crappy.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been using the silks for about a month. Once you find the fill level (below the metal slightly) you need they leak less at fill up then other bottles I've used. They supposedly hold only a little less than a super soft bottle, but that doesn't take into account the thicker tube.
Damn the wasp tops off the sonar box better than the Hadalay...
29e853889602c347bc6c725036889453.jpg

BAM crew

Does a 510 drip tip fit? I've seen conflicting reports.

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keen to hear your maintenance routine. My CCII is an ornament, since it spends more time draining batteries unevenly than it does balanced. Which means it doesn't hit right for me.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

This is my first build/fresh batteries so I will see if I have the same issue after I use it a bit.

VU Sponsors