Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am glad to report that despite some kind of dramatic fuckup that was covered up, the USPS did, in fact, eventually deliver my STUMPY.
It was "delivered/at mailbox" in a reasonable timeframe - last Friday, 5/12.
Except, um, it was NOT in my mailbox. Or delivered. It was fucking missing.

I managed to submit a "missing mail" claim - even though you're not supposed to be able to right away.
Got a call from local PO, who, after a few clarifications, figured out that NO it was not delivered. Not to ME.
They admitted they had a substitute on the route that day.
I told them - "hey, tell ya what - I'm ALSO missing a check that was mailed local - find EITHER ONE and you'll find both".

Wednesday, late afternoon, Stumpy was delivered - left at door, not in mailbox.
I'm pretty sure the sub put in in a neighbor's box, and it then took 5 days to get returned, re-sorted and back to me.
That or it was scanned and then just left in the truck...

Anyway - it REALLY bugged me, just on principle, and it was quite a relief to have it show up.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am glad to report that despite some kind of dramatic fuckup that was covered up, the USPS did, in fact, eventually deliver my STUMPY.
It was "delivered/at mailbox" in a reasonable timeframe - last Friday, 5/12.
Except, um, it was NOT in my mailbox. Or delivered. It was fucking missing.

I managed to submit a "missing mail" claim - even though you're not supposed to be able to right away.
Got a call from local PO, who, after a few clarifications, figured out that NO it was not delivered. Not to ME.
They admitted they had a substitute on the route that day.
I told them - "hey, tell ya what - I'm ALSO missing a check that was mailed local - find EITHER ONE and you'll find both".

Wednesday, late afternoon, Stumpy was delivered - left at door, not in mailbox.
I'm pretty sure the sub put in in a neighbor's box, and it then took 5 days to get returned, re-sorted and back to me.
That or it was scanned and then just left in the truck...

Anyway - it REALLY bugged me, just on principle, and it was quite a relief to have it show up.
Glad to hear you got it! Now that you got the Stumpy, you don't need all those Nuppins, do you? You need to defray the Stumpy's cost and I'm here to help you out!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL, sorry, BB, but the best you'll get from me is a tipoff if I happen to SPOT a Nuppin available.
I have enough, but just "bearly"... (pun!)
Well, that's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!
Seriously, I'd appreciate a heads up.
It's funny how of all the atties out there, the Nuppin is one of the least traded/sold. Granted, not many were made but it is also a testament to their quality.

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
e23a232ca1df1e59ade1345e65a036ca.jpg

Artistic squonk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$350? I don't think I have that much total for all the 25 or so mods that I have.

but if you like em I think that is a pretty good price.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
$350? I don't think I have that much total for all the 25 or so mods that I have.

but if you like em I think that is a pretty good price.

That is the least expensive real one I've ever seen

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Really?
I am REALLY glad that I do not want one then.

Me too, lol

Anyone interested in a Billet Box DNA 60 for $350? it's at the other place!

Guess I can stop trolling the classies at Brand X forum

I'll just rely on Brewski to report in - except I might miss out on a good deal on a Nuppin, lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me too, lol

Guess I can stop trolling the classies at Brand X forum

I'll just rely on Brewski to report in - except I might miss out on a good deal on a Nuppin, lol
Brand X forum? Is that what you call the place where we got all the refugees from?
Rest assured, as soon as I get at least 10 Nuppins, I'll let you guys know!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Listen to this guys, it's so funny, I could cry! My MM package arrived today......but the mailman didn't leave it in the box because it requires a signature. I'll have to pick it up from the post office on Monday!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Listen to this guys, it's so funny, I could cry! My MM package arrived today......but the mailman didn't leave it in the box because it requires a signature. I'll have to pick it up from the post office on Monday!

Better double-check to make sure Monday isn't a holiday, lol

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey squonks,
just a heads-up, a seller on eBay has a handful of the VaporFlask SQUONK for sale at $49.99, contacted him and he says they are authentic. I picked one up to play around with. I love the DNA40 chip anyway and I remember when these came out, haven't really seen em since but then again they weren't really on my radar.
Seems like a good price for the authentic, looked around and appears the clones are packaged different.
Hoping he's a trustworthy dude.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey squonks,
just a heads-up, a seller on eBay has a handful of the VaporFlask SQUONK for sale at $49.99, contacted him and he says they are authentic. I picked one up to play around with. I love the DNA40 chip anyway and I remember when these came out, haven't really seen em since but then again they weren't really on my radar.
Seems like a good price for the authentic, looked around and appears the clones are packaged different.
I hope he's trustworthy too! They look nice and I think the DNA60 chip fits right in! Thanks for the heads up! I got:vino: one too

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I mentioned a ways back of a custom squonker coming...Im not sure how long it will take but its in motion:bliss:

Pics will follow its arrival.:cheers:..ill give more details once i have it.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mentioned a ways back of a custom squonker coming...Im not sure how long it will take but its in motion:bliss:

Pics will follow its arrival.:cheers:..ill give more details once i have it.
Is this a Mech or Regulated? Is this a one of.. or will there be more? Enquiring minds want to know:vino:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey squonks,

Dang, if only I hadn't spent $50 on drip tips :giggle:

VU Sponsors