Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it was me, I would go for the silver. Since it's my mod, I would want the best. Even if it cost's a little more.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
This pulse is legit
8d2563e4f8d11bc50510a3d96f3e45fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Their eBay store has zero mods in it for some reason. Just bottles, cotton, and the like.

That ultem box is beautiful but a wee bit out of the ol' price range!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Weird, they typically always have a few mods in their store

jazzman

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is what i got off their web site:
  • Any item containing tobacco, including, but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, and loose tobacco

• Blunts or cigar wraps

• Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) and components as defined under FDA regulations

• Herbal cigarettes or herbal tobacco (sometimes called nicotine-free cigarettes or tobacco-free cigarettes)

• Hookah or Shisha molasses that contains tobacco

• Including photos of cigarettes, cigars, and other tobacco items when selling cigar bands, collectible packaging, or other accessories

• Nicotine inhalers or nasal sprays (see our medical drugs and devices policy)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it was me, I would go for the silver. Since it's my mod, I would want the best. Even if it cost's a little more.
The cost is not the issue, the waiting for the silver is (about 1 week) but I can stop and buy the copper sheet on my way to work!

jazzman

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the convenience, I would probably get the copper and still order the silver. At least you would have the copper if you need to repair other mod's.

jazzman

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess it's that military thing with me. Always be prepared.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess it's that military thing with me. Always be prepared.
Either that, or boy scouts:)
Truth be told, I did have a stroke of genius ( or maybe just a stroke?) on how to do a contact in a mech mod that will still allow for a front/side squonk hole since the side panel squonks are not my friends and I can practice on the copper while waiting on the silver!

jazzman

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Practice on the copper and not waste the silver, Brilliant!

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This pulse is legit
8d2563e4f8d11bc50510a3d96f3e45fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Love my pulse. Gotta build it right. Watched a review by a unnamed bike riding reviewer that didn't like it but put a huge 3.5 build in it..... Duuuh. And some are griping about air holes not lining up. But love mine and that's what matters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hawki

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll keep checking. Easy to follow a seller on fleabay!

Probably removed their listing after ripping so many people off. I would avoid that company completely. The mods are made of the cheapest plastic. So brittle it squeaks when you hold it. Mine lasted 2 weeks of very little use.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Probably removed their listing after ripping so many people off. I would avoid that company completely. The mods are made of the cheapest plastic. So brittle it squeaks when you hold it. Mine lasted 2 weeks of very little use.

Really? Another member here said they use theirs daily since January... maybe that's why I can't find any reviews haha!

Hawki

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Really one of the worst vape purchases I've made in 5 years. I tried to contact them they were rude. Honestly I wouldn't have used it even if it worked it felt so cheap. I bought a different model than him but that was my experience.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Love my pulse. Gotta build it right. Watched a review by a unnamed bike riding reviewer that didn't like it but put a huge 3.5 build in it..... Duuuh. And some are griping about air holes not lining up. But love mine and that's what matters.

I'm loving it. I got a big 3mm staggered fused clapton made with SS wire (git them from some dude on Instagram badguycoils) vaping it in temp mode and the flavor is great. air fully open

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For CV owners, the switch screw that comes in the repair kits is much improved over the one that came in my CV mod V1.
The head is a bit shorter and it does not have threads all the way up which allows better tightening without binding the switch.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm loving it. I got a big 3mm staggered fused clapton made with SS wire (git them from some dude on Instagram badguycoils) vaping it in temp mode and the flavor is great. air fully open
I think 3 is the sweet spot that's what I make myself 26 36 double fused ss 316l

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I think 3 is the sweet spot that's what I make myself 26 36 double fused ss 316l

Yeah it's pretty dam good. I vaped the whole 11ml bottle in like 2 hours yesterday lol

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really one of the worst vape purchases I've made in 5 years. I tried to contact them they were rude. Honestly I wouldn't have used it even if it worked it felt so cheap. I bought a different model than him but that was my experience.

I'm really sorry to hear that. They didn't even try to make it right for you?

jazzman

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yep

it was pointed out elsewhere that these ones look like they could cause a short circuit though. So take batteries out if a mech

That would be the smart thing to do. Screwing the bottle onto the 510 with the battery still installed, I don't know about that.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks all for your replies to my last post... I do agree with all that was said. I won't settle or rush my first Squonk and made the choice of grabbing a Molly... This past weekend when 20ish of them were available, I debated it longer than I should have and they ended up selling out. Although its a Facebook Group, they sell them on a website rather than trying to luckily get an X1 in... additionally they added in a person who does Stab work, which made my eyes even pop more...Stab Door/Button/Drip tip oogles... I'll probably go the route of Simple Black/Black as I pretty much do with all my mods...but odds are I'll end up with a Color Combo that isn't as such at first, which is ok with me, can buy the doors separately ;)

Have notifications turned on so I get an alert from that group when they are going up...which it looks like this weekend again :D

Hi5

Don

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered one Saturday.
:D:D
And I'm getting Fedex tracking notices (in french) - should be here tomorrow!!

Thanks all for your replies to my last post... I do agree with all that was said. I won't settle or rush my first Squonk and made the choice of grabbing a Molly... This past weekend when 20ish of them were available, I debated it longer than I should have and they ended up selling out. Although its a Facebook Group, they sell them on a website rather than trying to luckily get an X1 in... additionally they added in a person who does Stab work, which made my eyes even pop more...Stab Door/Button/Drip tip oogles... I'll probably go the route of Simple Black/Black as I pretty much do with all my mods...but odds are I'll end up with a Color Combo that isn't as such at first, which is ok with me, can buy the doors separately ;)

Have notifications turned on so I get an alert from that group when they are going up...which it looks like this weekend again :D

Hi5

Don

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered one Saturday.
:D:D
And I'm getting Fedex tracking notices (in french) - should be here tomorrow!!

Yeah I sat there with the orange one in my cart...second guessing myself...walked away...came back and poof sold out lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sooo...my Dripbox 160 is acting weird! Sometimes it fires fine, sometimes it fires 2 out of five times, sometimes not at all ! I was looking for the GBox S100 but it seems it was discontinued and rumors have it another regulated squonk mod will be released in its place. Should I get the Drone and call it a day, or should I wait for the new GeekBox?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK folks, I just got a reply from GeekVape regarding the GBox S100, here it is:
"[email protected]

Yesterday, 11:42 PM

hi, thanks for your inquiry. Gbox S100 has been discontinued. We are working on a new squonk box and hope to release it soon. Please keep to follow us. thanks.
2017-06-21 "
So it seems I'll be waiting a while!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OK folks, I just got a reply from GeekVape regarding the GBox S100, here it is:
"[email protected]

Yesterday, 11:42 PM

hi, thanks for your inquiry. Gbox S100 has been discontinued. We are working on a new squonk box and hope to release it soon. Please keep to follow us. thanks.
2017-06-21 "
So it seems I'll be waiting a while!
Probably a good thing too
Second and third generation products :)

BAM crew

VU Sponsors