Found another squonker
http://thecloudyvapor.com/product/ram-squonker-box-mod-stentorian-wotofo/

Ram-Box-Mod-by-Wotofo-2-1.png

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
miss all you squonkers, been to busy lately to catch my breath, but my girls landed me the best prize ever today and it's too good not to share!
In the words of my daughter, as I was unwrapping it:
"Daddy, take a break at work sometimes and use this"
My subie-nerd senses are tingling..... NEW DESK TOY!
Petter Solberg's 2006 hawkeye WRC Impreza from the 2007 Rally Monte Carlo DIRT STAGE EDITION *squEEEEEE!* 300 AWHP 440 ft./lb torque mountain-eating machine!

X9IUag5.jpg

Mr0qUhd.jpg

2wtfWtJ.jpg

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
miss all you squonkers, been to busy lately to catch my breath, but my girls landed me the best prize ever today and it's too good not to share!
In the words of my daughter, as I was unwrapping it:
"Daddy, take a break at work sometimes and use this"
My subie-nerd senses are tingling..... NEW DESK TOY!
Petter Solberg's 2006 hawkeye WRC Impreza from the 2007 Rally Monte Carlo DIRT STAGE EDITION *squEEEEEE!* 300 AWHP 440 ft./lb torque mountain-eating machine!

X9IUag5.jpg

Mr0qUhd.jpg

2wtfWtJ.jpg

That's HOT dude!

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh, yes, forgot that....and is not a Kanger DB160. Have one, the fit leaves a lot to be desired. And TC sorta works on it, but there's a lot of room for improvement.

Mannn... super expensive or otherwise a regulated front squonker is a tough one mate!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mannn... super expensive or otherwise a regulated front squonker is a tough one mate!
You're preaching to the choir my friend, my only option is to get a G2, make the enclosure and make my own mod. I pretty much know what I want, I just don't have the time for it now.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They killed it for me, it's one of those secret FB groups and I detest FB. The Armor mech is a very nice mod, but not what I was looking for.

Dude, the Armor Facebook presence is the epitome of what's wrong with the facebook squonk & RDA stuff. I actually like Facebook okay, I run some professional pages on there for my sailing job, and it can be a very effective marketing tool until it's abused.
Like what's happening feverishly right now, Armor is a prime example. I finally got approved to the Armor business (aka fan) Page a few months ago. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get into the actual group where they sell their gear, every couple weeks or so they do a 15 minute 'quick strike' where you need to X1 in the comments and then they LET a select number into the secret group to THEN wait until they have another quick-strike for an RDA or whatever where you X1 and THEN you're entered into a Google randomizer and IF you 'win' you GET to buy the item. I mean... What the fcuk!
It's fascinating to me because I'm from an advertising & marketing background, and I'll readily admit I'm a bit of an elitist when it comes to my (not just vape) collections, but that type of business model is completely retarded. At the same time kudos to them for stimulating that kind of rabid enthusiasm for their product.
It's really quite baffling. At some point this type of 'shopping' inevitably will implode on itself but there doesn't seem to be any decrease in momentum right now.
Siegi who designed my TLF# is the most awesome genuine guy and a great craftsman so he started the project to share his work. He also has the boxes & doors & buttons on shapeways, hence the 'f#cknoavailability' slogan and the middle finger logo, a little bit of a statement against this current wave of ridiculousness. In April we had like 200 or so in the group, now we have 1300. And everyone is frantic to throw money at him. They don't want a DIY box so much, they want the limited edition and they want it NOW. He is blown away. It's like a punk band getting signed to Warner Bros circa 1989.
I have no idea where these people get their cash, 'Paypal loaded' is THE common phrase in all the groups.
For me personally, after 5 years I'm just sick of the flamable Aliens and fcuked up 510 Wismecs, squonking was the natural progression. I was honestly considering just quitting vaping, the glut of gear was depressing for me. And I owe a big thanks to all of you for this cool outlet, I've been lurking in this thread for almost a year (actually 1 year exactly in a week!)
So thanks dudes.
And I'll make sure to keep ya up to date on the shitty FB stuff, I'm on there all day for work and I'm in most all of the squonk groups that have 'approved' me.
For fcuks sake. Needing to get approved to buy vape gear.. it's just so fcuking weird.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Dude, the Armor Facebook presence is the epitome of what's wrong with the facebook squonk & RDA stuff. I actually like Facebook okay, I run some professional pages on there for my sailing job, and it can be a very effective marketing tool until it's abused.
Like what's happening feverishly right now, Armor is a prime example. I finally got approved to the Armor business (aka fan) Page a few months ago. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get into the actual group where they sell their gear, every couple weeks or so they do a 15 minute 'quick strike' where you need to X1 in the comments and then they LET a select number into the secret group to THEN wait until they have another quick-strike for an RDA or whatever where you X1 and THEN you're entered into a Google randomizer and IF you 'win' you GET to buy the item. I mean... What the fcuk!
It's really quite fascinating to me because I'm from an advertising & marketing background, and I'll readily admit I'm a bit of an elitist when it comes to my (not just vape) collections, but that type of business model is completely retarded. At the same time kudos to them for stimulating that kind of rabid enthusiasm for their product.
It's really quite baffling. At some point this type of 'shopping' inevitably will implode on itself but there doesn't seem to be any decrease in momentum right now.
Siegi who designed my TLF# is the most awesome genuine guy and a great craftsman so he started the project to share his work. He also has the boxes & doors & buttons on shapeways, hence the 'f#cknoavailability' slogan and the middle finger logo, a little bit of a statement against this current wave of ridiculousness. In April we had like 200 or so in the group, now we have 1300. And everyone is frantic to throw money at him. They don't want a DIY box so much, they want the limited edition and they want it NOW. He is blown away. It's like a punk band getting signed to Warner Bros circa 1989.
I have no idea where these people get their cash, 'Paypal loaded' is THE common phrase in all the groups.
For me personally, after 5 years I'm just sick of the flamable Aliens and fcuked up 510 Wismecs, squonking was the natural progression. I was honestly considering just quitting vaping, the glut of gear was depressing for me. And I owe a big thanks to all of you for this cool outlet, I've been lurking in this thread for almost a year (actually 1 year exactly in a week!)
So thanks dudes.
And I'll make sure to keep ya up to date on the shitty FB stuff, I'm on there all day for work and I'm in most all of the squonk groups that have 'approved' me.
For fcuks sake. Needing to get approved to buy vape gear.. it's just so fcuking weird.

kittyn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Whine time:

I don't dump juice unless completely gross. To broke for that shit. I quite liked this liquid last week and is still not 'bad', but I'm now just friggin over it.

And this damned bottle is refusing to become empty :cry:

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Typical armor atty FS post on the faceballs:

WTT Armor 1.0 RDA
RRP $95
+Ultem something $20
Only built 50 times, basically new, 9.5/10

Looking for full ultem mechs, will only consider two of them plus cash on your end. Must include BF atties with them, NarDa only.
Will not sell.
Expect 100 vouches on your end

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
btw @JuicyLucy , the TLF# is amazing!
Impervious to Arthritis!
My first experience with a Lukkos, it's like a cuddly little gummi bear. I want to squonk even when I don't need to (!)
; ))

I wasn't going to admit this but....I ordered one today :facepalm:

Justification? Medical device o_O

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Facebook may be a great advertising and socializing outlet and I can see its use but having to go thru all that nonsense to give a company a bucket of my hard earned cash for what ultimately is a very nice plastic box is retarded. I would much rather support artisans (for lack of a better word) like Sonar505 , minimalsaint or pdib whose work, though in limited quantity, is available to regular peons at a fair price. I really appreciate your work and patience in keeping us up to date with the FB goings on.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Facebook may be a great advertising and socializing outlet and I can see its use but having to go thru all that nonsense to give a company a bucket of my hard earned cash for what ultimately is a very nice plastic box is retarded. I would much rather support artisans (for lack of a better word) like Sonar505 , minimalsaint or pdib whose work, though in limited quantity, is available to regular peons at a fair price. I really appreciate your work and patience in keeping us up to date with the FB goings on.

Here's some "goings on" for you then lol

EHq1Sl7.jpg

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Not lacking at all bro.
Artisans: PERFECT word.
There's definitely a @minimalsaint Orca in my future. I'd be all over @Sonar505 too, I'm just not a wood guy but I love his work. These guys are complete assets to our community, we are lucky.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think (not sure) that a lot of the "trade only" posts are just doing that to avoid rules of that particular group against selling for more than double RRP, or whatever. If they agree to trade a $50 atty plus $500 cash for a mod that's worth $90, they do it in PM's so they don't get kicked from the group. They want stupid money for their secret-club-only mod, they're just not allowed to say so.

Wow! A Frankie actually FOR SALE and not 'WTT (for a better Frankie) not selling so don't ask'. Now that's a find Mann!

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow! A Frankie actually FOR SALE and not 'WTT (for a better Frankie) not selling so don't ask'. Now that's a find Mann!

Right?
Usually it's a Frankie with 50 doors and 20 buttons, a hobo drifter (with 3 BF pins that regular poor bastards want but can't get) and a full Vikset cap arrangement in every color of the rainbow for like $900, "will not separate"
And then there's the guy:
"Second mortgage loaded, PM incoming"

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right?
Usually it's a Frankie with 50 doors and 20 buttons, a hobo drifter (with 3 BF pins that regular poor bastards want but can't get) and a full Vikset cap arrangement in every color of the rainbow for like $900, "will not separate"
And then there's the guy:
"Second mortgage loaded, PM incoming"
English translation, please! WITF is Vikset?

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think (not sure) that a lot of the "trade only" posts are just doing that to avoid rules of that particular group against selling for more than double RRP, or whatever. If they agree to trade a $50 atty plus $500 cash for a mod that's worth $90, they do it in PM's so they don't get kicked from the group. They want stupid money for their secret-club-only mod, they're just not allowed to say so.

Yup. I agree.
What is nice though is that most of the independent modders have dedicated BST sections of their group dedicated to 'real' people and the abuse of RRP price is not tolerated. It doesn't have to be because people within those groups are cool and not looking to gouge anyone. Each brand is kinda it's own family, as hectic as it is on Facebook it's a small community for the squonk crowd. Or at least it was. All hell is breaking loose now and so many new faces 'WTB' with 'PayPal loaded'

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Whine time:

I don't dump juice unless completely gross. To broke for that shit. I quite liked this liquid last week and is still not 'bad', but I'm now just friggin over it.

And this damned bottle is refusing to become empty :cry:[/QUOTE

DIY time :grumpy:

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
English translation, please! WITF is Vikset?

I believe it's a modder who specializes in stabwood and ultem (Google 'stereo mod'), he (they?) make caps & tips (ala Munoz bell cap) in limited runs for the unicorn RDAs.

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe it's a modder who specializes in stabwood and ultem (Google 'stereo mod'), he (they?) make caps & tips (ala Munoz bell cap) in limited runs for the unicorn RDAs.
Thank you! I thought I was missing something.....

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
...and then some! JL, did you try the Mulciber? I'll get one, but I figured I'd wait for the July 4th sale!

Really been giving it the hairy eye, lol

EDIT: Kicked myself in the ass for not jumping on that sale they had awhile back

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really been giving it the hairy eye, lol

EDIT: Kicked myself in the ass for not jumping on that sale they had awhile back
Several people are saying it's very comparable to the Nuppin. If they have a decent sale, I'll get a couple of them.

kittyn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's easy! Make it a game for the kids, they like creepy crawlers!

The girl child would have new 'pets'. Probably better than encountering them while doing laundry though :giggle:

It's on the list, DIY and basement cleaning both, actually. Now to actually CONSULT the list before getting distracted

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

quite brilliant things

thinking it will make VT Inbox easier and less messy too

only tried it on SV series so far, but highly recommend

Can't wait to try it!

VU Sponsors