Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So my wife shelved her Wraith. She doesn't care for building and I don't mind it, but that Wraith RDA is just garbage. Checked tracking, her SXK Hadaly clone is in CA so only a couple states over. Should be here before to long. That should put that in order.

I'm still trying to track down a bf mod I might like. Seems like the Drone might be a good choice? It's just so damned ugly lol. There are alot of really nice looking ones but seems like most are mechanical and single battery. I know I could just bring spares but, I seriously vape to much. Yesterday I went through two 20700's and 4 18650's in my Captain.

Today I tried vaping in TC mode like @shawn.hoefer suggested. I must say it was a pleasurable experience. I tasted flavors in my juices I didn't even know were there and it also seems to be making my cotton not get nasty as quickly. Also, I believe it made my batteries last longer as I don't think it was vaping at 80+ watts. Vapor was nice and warm but, my Goon never even got hot, which normally it does when I'm chain vaping away. So maybe I need to lower my standards a bit and just try to find a good tc bf mod? Regardless of battery config (can always bring extras), and squonk position.

Also, how many times do I have to add "squonk" to my dictionary before it stops telling me I'm spelling it wrong? lol

Khanninnarh

Member For 3 Years
The old faceballs is still good for something, wound up finding a dude making killer tips and commissioned a few for the typhon....
Shorter, fatter, but only a tiny bit larger bore than the original tip.... I fucking LOVE this atty all over again :inlove:

M3IEJzE.jpg

EmJ4sbu.jpg

Very nice mod bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khanninnarh

Member For 3 Years
So my wife shelved her Wraith. She doesn't care for building and I don't mind it, but that Wraith RDA is just garbage. Checked tracking, her SXK Hadaly clone is in CA so only a couple states over. Should be here before to long. That should put that in order.

I'm still trying to track down a bf mod I might like. Seems like the Drone might be a good choice? It's just so damned ugly lol. There are alot of really nice looking ones but seems like most are mechanical and single battery. I know I could just bring spares but, I seriously vape to much. Yesterday I went through two 20700's and 4 18650's in my Captain.

Today I tried vaping in TC mode like @shawn.hoefer suggested. I must say it was a pleasurable experience. I tasted flavors in my juices I didn't even know were there and it also seems to be making my cotton not get nasty as quickly. Also, I believe it made my batteries last longer as I don't think it was vaping at 80+ watts. Vapor was nice and warm but, my Goon never even got hot, which normally it does when I'm chain vaping away. So maybe I need to lower my standards a bit and just try to find a good tc bf mod? Regardless of battery config (can always bring extras), and squonk position.

Also, how many times do I have to add "squonk" to my dictionary before it stops telling me I'm spelling it wrong? lol

The Drone is a good TC Squonk mod. It's been really good with my Hadaly. A bit heavy but it feels really important. Just replace with the YFTK Silicone bottles.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have vt inbox drone and therion squonkers and the vt is my favorite drone is HEAVY not that I'm 20 lb weakling but..... Switching around all 3 vt is used most. Therion is better now that I put mm bottle in it. Made drone squonk better with mm bottle also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who has the boxer clone. Thinking of getting one to try mech out. Not so sure I'll like mech after using dna 75 tc. Frankin clone looks cheap and don't like cv top button. Just wondering how cheap working boxer clone is.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Do not put Boxer clone in fasttech search engine. @Juicy Lucy might enjoy it.

Bwhahaha - my side hurts from laughing, tears are rolling down my face!

Page 2 is even better.... Where's Waldo?

Boxer clone.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wow glad I didn't go any further than page one. Hmmmmm wonder if my wife would like those on me.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Normally wouldn't answer for a woman I don't know but uh - NO

EDIT: Not if you were hoping to get some :giggle:

Last edited:

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As mentioned, I went a little bonkers, expanding mod collection last month...they're trickling in. 2 more coming before "family photo".

This just in. Serious stealth - this flat black setup is sucking the light out of the room.
flatblack.jpg

That's a Catfish flat black Maker rda.
And the 6ixty 7even is a Facebook thing, but not crazy. Printed, but roomy inside compared to the typical printed "box". Even a divider between bottle and battery. Moddog 510 and silver inside.
It's working great. I'm happy.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As mentioned, I went a little bonkers, expanding mod collection last month...they're trickling in. 2 more coming before "family photo".

This just in. Serious stealth - this flat black setup is sucking the light out of the room.
View attachment 86906

That's a Catfish flat black Maker rda.
And the 6ixty 7even is a Facebook thing, but not crazy. Printed, but roomy inside compared to the typical printed "box". Even a divider between bottle and battery. Moddog 510 and silver inside.
It's working great. I'm happy.
Lookin' good!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
first frustration with MM refill bottle

the little rubber gasket really needs to be centred, or much frustration follows :tantrum:

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did a little work on my @minimalsaint Orca. I changed to a red button and new SVAsk 510. Using a Dee bottle because of the delrin cap. RDA is the Nyx with .3 dual coil build using top airflow. Such a great vape. 20170715_195250-picsay.jpg
Edit: This was an early Orca with a Varitube 510. Way more bottle room now and no threads on the juice tube.

Last edited:

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ordered a swamp piano dna75c to try out the board, see if the $40 "upgrade" is worth it on a big apple mod http://www.svapiamo.com/index.php?id_product=2643&controller=product

i went with UPS, who i don't have much experience with, but estimate is 5 bus days

thought i was ordering black, email says yellow :giggle:
That's cool. Nice looking mod for a nice price. I've also got a 75c coming, a Box Mod Mafia Snitch 75c. I wish I'd seen the "Swamp piano" (lol) first. I've been checking out what people are saying. Only negative mention I've seen was from someone saying that when the used a low ohm build at 75w they ran their battery out in a couple of hours. Since that would happen with almost any mod I don't see it as a problem. It's supposed to have the 9volt cutoff the the DNA-60 has and avoids the low battery issues the early firmware on the 75s had.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess the escribe wannabe.
Handy to adjust your default TCR values for SS with and such.

http://kanger-tech.com/firmware/
I downloaded it, had a go at it, got the dripboxes to vape halfway decent, called it a day! I like the Therion BF better, but that's not a beater mod, not for me at least. Waiting for Geekvape to release their new squonk mod....if ever.

Khanninnarh

Member For 3 Years
ordered a swamp piano dna75c to try out the board, see if the $40 "upgrade" is worth it on a big apple mod http://www.svapiamo.com/index.php?id_product=2643&controller=product

i went with UPS, who i don't have much experience with, but estimate is 5 bus days

thought i was ordering black, email says yellow :giggle:

I'm really interested in this one too. Would love to hear your feedback. Hoping to pick one up in Europe next month.

Thanks!

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Crazy early morning in weird Facebook squonk land, my alerts were going a mile a minute at 5am (on a Sunday, uuff)
Turns out I 'won' the randomizer for the Haku RDA, but I won BOTH lists, Phenom and Cruiser, so I had to choose one. I went Phenom with the restricted deck.
The hype on this thing is sooo outta control..
But I'm happy to 'win' so I 'get' to spend money (!) and see what the noise is all about...either I'll love it or be able to trade it for an Armor with all the acessories so that's pretty cool.
Has anyone else 'won' one of these yet?

VU Sponsors