Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Studiovape

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So the Sva DNA 75 clone arrived a few days ago.
I have had a chance to put some miles on it.
Overall it is a good buy, the DNA 75 chip is very good and with escribe it can be personalized nicely. I have three presets for my current IGO-w plus that's sits on it, a mellow slow ramp up, a Kick with fast hard ramp up and one in between. Same wattage and similar temp settings but very different experiences, depending on your mood or time of day
or driving in the car etc.
Size is as small as any DNA 75 squonker could be, SVA's original design copied here is super space saving.
Weight is light although a little heavier than I expected.
Delrin feels more like plastic and corners are a little less shamfered than I would like and feels very boxy in the hand at first.
Internals are ok although my contacts appeared to be glued in with cheap craft glue.
I dropped the mod at the supermarket and the aluminum side panel fell out and I later discovered both battery contacts had broken free.
I don't really like the Matt aluminum side panels as they scratch easy and become shiney in those spots. I lightly glued the errant panel back on with epoxy as I may replace the panels down the line.
I keyed/abraded the delrin under the battery contacts and epoxied those back in too.
The carbon door was scratched , so I polished/sander that out and wished I hadn't as the resin layer over the carbon is so thin it revealed the weave and left a slightly Matt finish in those areas.
The 510 is not spring loaded, but this is a plus as it's a reverse threaded adjuster and the atty can cranked down well for better Temp controle stability than a sprung loaded 510.
There is something numb about a regulated mod versus a mech or mosfet mech to me and that hasn't changed, but for the money this is a great mod with a few finishing touches likely required. A stab wood door and side panels should be easy to make using the originals as templates and would really lift the whole mod a tonne.
Reliability of the DNA board could of course spoil the party at any time and leave you with a paper weight.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the Sva DNA 75 clone arrived a few days ago.
I have had a chance to put some miles on it.
Overall it is a good buy, the DNA 75 chip is very good and with escribe it can be personalized nicely. I have three presets for my current IGO-w plus that's sits on it, a mellow slow ramp up, a Kick with fast hard ramp up and one in between. Same wattage and similar temp settings but very different experiences, depending on your mood or time of day
or driving in the car etc.
Size is as small as any DNA 75 squonker could be, SVA's original design copied here is super space saving.
Weight is light although a little heavier than I expected.
Delrin feels more like plastic and corners are a little less shamfered than I would like and feels very boxy in the hand at first.
Internals are ok although my contacts appeared to be glued in with cheap craft glue.
I dropped the mod at the supermarket and the aluminum side panel fell out and I later discovered both battery contacts had broken free.
I don't really like the Matt aluminum side panels as they scratch easy and become shiney in those spots. I lightly glued the errant panel back on with epoxy as I may replace the panels down the line.
I keyed/abraded the delrin under the battery contacts and epoxied those back in too.
The carbon door was scratched , so I polished/sander that out and wished I hadn't as the resin layer over the carbon is so thin it revealed the weave and left a slightly Matt finish in those areas.
The 510 is not spring loaded, but this is a plus as it's a reverse threaded adjuster and the atty can cranked down well for better Temp controle stability than a sprung loaded 510.
There is something numb about a regulated mod versus a mech or mosfet mech to me and that hasn't changed, but for the money this is a great mod with a few finishing touches likely required. A stab wood door and side panels should be easy to make using the originals as templates and would really lift the whole mod a tonne.
Reliability of the DNA board could of course spoil the party at any time and leave you with a paper weight.
Thank you for posting this, I'm waiting for mine to arrive,...well sometime this year. I have some spalted and some curly maple and it sounds like new panels will be my first endeavor in the land of modding. I wish you were making the Pico Squeeze wood enclosures but I understand it is very time consuming. It is my inspiration and "when I grow up" I will attempt something like that.

Studiovape

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Delrin is a member of the group of products commonly known as plastic.
um yes thankyou Cromwell, got a love it when some one reads one of your long and thought out posts and their only comment is to point out your mistakes :gaah: I am aware delrin is a plastic , and I should have been more specific no doubt, I should have said it feels harder/more brittle than delrin, delrin has a kind of "silkyness" to it that less "elitist" plastics do not posses.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
um yes thankyou Cromwell, got a love it when some one reads one of your long and thought out posts and their only comment is to point out your mistakes :gaah: I am aware delrin is a plastic , and I should have been more specific no doubt, I should have said it feels harder/more brittle than delrin, delrin has a kind of "silkyness" to it that less "elitist" plastics do not posses.

I did read your post thoroughly - and you convinced me to definitely not get one:bomb:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry. I am just a blunt old MF.

So did it appear to be milled or molded?

Studiovape

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry. I am just a blunt old MF.

So did it appear to be milled or molded?
Haha, all good mate, yes it looks milled, that bit they did very well indeed. I'd look at it more like a 400EURO mod that you can have for 75EURO that just needs 30mins of you time to "finish off", not a bad deal, and I'd have it over an VT Inbox every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Haha, all good mate, yes it looks milled, that bit they did very well indeed. I'd look at it more like a 400EURO mod that you can have for 75EURO that just needs 30mins of you time to "finish off", not a bad deal, and I'd have it over an VT Inbox every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Manic Miner

Surfs up!
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Why is it better than the VT Inbox? I can still cancel it.

Sent from my old Samsung using Tapatalk

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright anyone in here have any interest in the Drifter mod? I found something I've wanted for a while and finally have a chance to snag it...... But I'm trying to be responsible for once lol, would sell or trade for a nice atty and $ ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright anyone in here have any interest in the Drifter mod? I found something I've wanted for a while and finally have a chance to snag it...... But I'm trying to be responsible for once lol, would sell or trade for a nice atty and $ ;-)

Drifter mod?

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My google fu has failed me. All i can find is a mod for fallout 4 with drifters in it or some shit. lol

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Drifter mod?

61e22d9d2489c7b8fee721ac60001b6e.jpg

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Open to offers, the nuppin DOESN'T come with it, like I said I'm open to partial trades for things. Just wanna offset the purchase of the new mod, been spending way to much lately.

LOL I just had a moment, looked around and realized that I really don't have shit to offer you.
sure someone will be along to accommodate you shortly though lol.
What did you find?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Bask in the glory, not burned by the sun!

Then I could say cool shit on the bonkers thread like "I recognize that!" and "How's that slam cap working out for ya?" when he shows it off

But alas, he thinks my atties are ugly - and he's probably right :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Then I could say cool shit on the bonkers thread like "I recognize that!" and "How's that slam cap working out for ya?" when he shows it off

As long as they work for you.
Not sure I have any pretty attys or mods but they suit me fine.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Hey, I asked for a picture in a "maybe she will change my mind" kinda way and you were all "nah she's all virgin so tough shit even though I've got it here and even a hadaly to put it on but nope"

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

They may be ugly as sin, but if you get the vape you want and enjoy from them, who gives a fine Texas chilli fart? Many may think I'm obsessed with Nuppins, and maybe I am, but for me, they are the atty that fits my vaping likes. Well, the Cyclones too, but I haven't started looking for them yet (the v1 not the afc ones):vino:

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You Facebook squonkers are making me look like a cheapskate :teehee:

Excuse me, ma'am?
I'm going to preface this by saying that I'm not bragging or trying to inflate my ego, but;
You own a handful of very loved devices in the faceballs community.
While your most recent was in the works, I posted some progress pics and have a look at the reactions, even from Floris himself!
Cheapskate my ass, you're top-shelf, lady!

hd16MpE.png

H03p9V7.png

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm good thanks mate, I have 20 or so of the MDM nanos ready to assemble and install, just not quite at that stage just yet I ended up with over 16 pre orders
So I have my work cut out for me, I'll get there though:)

Lots of patience and steady fingers to assemble, mate.
Luckily my son was available for duty lol

VU Sponsors