Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yup. Saw that too. Just trying to keep our non facebooky friends in the loop!
;-)
Yeah i ended up grabbing a Molly. I ordered it and then realized they have Molly doors for $20. I wish i would have grabbed a clear red door, to go with my white frosted door. Too late now cause they want another $20 for shipping and i paid it once already. And i dont feel like emailing with a Swiss site back and forth trying to add to my order. Oh well, maybe ill grab some later on.
Nice price there, heads up @Nevweezy ..dunno if you were still interested
Thanks for the heads up but i got in a group buy for one. Got a churnobul cap coming too..:)

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My new Fav Squonk RDA? Possibly! To early to tell.

dhju4aV.jpg

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I honestly wanted the Dead Rabbit to win. But... My pre-bedtime vape is proving to be most satisfying for today. Started the day off on a Goon, then to Dead Rabbit, then Galatek (ugh, what a mess. LITERALLY, and 2 broken o-rings later...), finishing the day off with the Pulse 22. All same coils, granted the 22 is a single coil RDA.

6bi7wQE.jpg

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I honestly wanted the Dead Rabbit to win. But... My pre-bedtime vape is proving to be most satisfying for today. Started the day off on a Goon, then to Dead Rabbit, then Galatek (ugh, what a mess. LITERALLY, and 2 broken o-rings later...), finishing the day off with the Pulse 22. All same coils, granted the 22 is a single coil RDA.

6bi7wQE.jpg
Nice stickum on your Drone!

So Yay or Nay on the Galatek? ;)

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

6bi7wQE.jpg
Would you be willing to take a picture of your build in the pulse 22 for me? I've raised, lowered and moved the coil around but still just get ok to moderate flavor and a good sized cloud out of mine. I'm using a SS fused Clapton build at .2 ohms.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would you be willing to take a picture of your build in the pulse 22 for me? I've raised, lowered and moved the coil around but still just get ok to moderate flavor and a good sized cloud out of mine. I'm using a SS fused Clapton build at .2 ohms.
I build my hight where AFC tubes are pointing at middle of coil and running one hole open is best flavor. Up too high you get spitback too low and not as good a vape for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Down to 0.25(R) Ohms on a dual coil set up using Kbee Vapes A1 Clapton it's a 26/32 awg. I figure that means a 26 awg core and wrapped with the 32 awg. Got this build on/in the rda that comes stock withe CV kit & it seems to fare well. :)

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@minimalsaint sorry if this has been asked before but do you get your Orca enclosures pre-drilled for the 510? If so, do you recall which size holes are needed for flush fitting 22mm MM510s? How about Moddog Nano 22?

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@minimalsaint sorry if this has been asked before but do you get your Orca enclosures pre-drilled for the 510? If so, do you recall which size holes are needed for flush fitting 22mm MM510s? How about Moddog Nano 22?

I'm not the 'Saint, but I've bought from Floris before. Yes you can get pre-drilled. The MM510 flush mount diameter is based on whether you use a washer or not but the shaft of the 510 is 12mm. There should be a diagram on the Modmaker site (I've seen it). I don't know the size for the Moddog.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here are pics of the two BoxModMafia squonkers I received in the last couple of weeks. The Snitch is a front squonk but you can't see that from this pic. It has shape very like that of the A&M Evo. The Thug is a DNA60 20700 side squonk that is way smaller than it has a right to be.20170808_204023-picsay.jpg 20170805_195804-picsay.jpg

Looking at the second pic I need to figure out how to turn down the white balance or HDR on my phone!

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not the 'Saint, but I've bought from Floris before. Yes you can get pre-drilled. The MM510 flush mount diameter is based on whether you use a washer or not but the shaft of the 510 is 12mm. There should be a diagram on the Modmaker site (I've seen it). I don't know the size for the Moddog.

Thanks. The MM specs don't include the shaft diameter (or I missed it) and there are no specs on the Moddog that I can find. I have a Moddog inbound so I'll bust out the micrometer. I just knew @minimalsaint had used both.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. The MM specs don't include the shaft diameter (or I missed it) and there are no specs on the Moddog that I can find. I have a Moddog inbound so I'll bust out the micrometer. I just knew @minimalsaint had used both.
Info you need is below the features section here.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Want to say it's 22x1x12 with a 22mm washer or 16x.5x12 without.

Should have bought one of those Negus mods when I saw them :/

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I totally whiffed on this text:

The threaded section is m12 (12mm x 1mm) thread. The top plate is 16mm diameter and 0.5mm thick. When you add a washer, the top plate will be 1mm thick. The body of the 510 is made from stainless steel. We did consider making it in other materials but we want these to last and stainless is the hardest material we could use.

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOL! It will be $200 for the mod and $100 shipping from the Phillipines?
Just checked with them.. shipping to the US from the Philippines is $40 for a flat rate international box. That will probably fit 2 or 3 mods. Not bad.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just checked with them.. shipping to the US from the Philippines is $40 for a flat rate international box. That will probably fit 2 or 3 mods. Not bad.

I really appreciate the info, now I wi$h I had the ca$h to buy 2 or 3 mods from them.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do a group buy from here. So just 1 payment for international shipping then its domestic shipping after that.

That is a very good idea, but my free time is very limited so I wouldn't be able to deal with it in a timely manner. I'll give you an example: I promised another member to PIF him an atty. It took better than a week before I made it to the post office, drove around with his package in the car hoping to find a sliver of time. I feel that when people pay for something, they ought get it in a timely manner and that wouldn't be the case with me sending stuff out.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After one week with the YFTK version of the SVA DNA75 squonk I can say without any hesitation that I absolutely hate the fcuking side panel squonk hole! The mod is OK....sort of, the chip is fine but that side squonk....

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey @Proatype , you gonna have a group buy for the DPM DNA60 Li-Mo ? I mean the damn thing is worth $200 but the shipping..... and they're on FB!
Sorry man, I was being a sarcastic dick, the drip tip deal went sideways on you and I just couldn't resist!

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Received the SVA clone, first impressions are better than I expected once I cleaned up the contacts and removed a little extra glue with a razor.

Out of the box inside:
IMG_0106.JPG
IMG_0109.JPG
Next to the inbox:
IMG_0111.JPG
It's smaller than the inbox, fire button is more firm, squonks easier with the silicone bottles and doesn't require dedicated bottles. Also even though I was planning to switch the 510 to a MM, the one that's in it is adjustable unlike the inbox. The door has virtually no play/rattle and the soldering isn't half bad. First impressions I'm pleased for what it costs and will probably get used more than the inbox.

VU Sponsors