DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
1b75e4165e8937a8894e761d1ad3ab3d.jpg
042d24ad6bf16d1256d687c4ef7d102a.jpg
88bec5a79a1ababc138010b4ecea27ce.jpg
bc9844a29d56a025273fae261ed61a42.jpg

Not sure when it will get here. Express international, so sometime before Thursday.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
That's a pretty sweet little mod! :p

I like the compact form factor. You did a really nice job making it short.

I've thought about using the mosfet myself in the past. Can I ask what mosfet you went with? And what are the specs on it?

I bought one (mosfet) from fry's a while back but I don't think it has the current (Amp) rating to keep up. (I haven't done my homework on it)

Thanks for the nice comment. I used a IRLB3034 N-channel mosfet because thats what I had available and what is usually recommended but not quite happy with size so ordered from mouser IRLS3034 in a smaller package.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
How did I miss this thread?

The high barrier to entry that was previously associated with squonking has been broken:

4FsPaPP.jpg

The mod is actually pretty cool (and at around $40 shipped). But I'm not a fan of the atty that it comes with.

picautomaton

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Gonna get me a squonker one of these days to see what they're all about. Seems the Kanger Drip Box is a good entry point.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey a squonkers thread!

What mod is that, Rossum?

Also, has anyone figured out how to fix a Sunbox E7 Classic that suffers from battery drain? I emailed them a couple times, months ago, and never got a reply. It's my only regulated squonker and I'd love to be able to use it. As is, I get a couple hits off a fresh battery before it indicates low battery :(

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What mod is that, Rossum?
It's a Kangertech Dripmod. Buying it made me feel kinda dirty, but I did it for science, and as a beater/travel mod.

Also, has anyone figured out how to fix a Sunbox E7 Classic that suffers from battery drain? I emailed them a couple times, months ago, and never got a reply. It's my only regulated squonker and I'd love to be able to use it. As is, I get a couple hits off a fresh battery before it indicates low battery :(
Sounds to me like you have a bad connection between the board and the battery.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's a Kangertech Dripmod. Buying it made me feel kinda dirty, but I did it for science, and as a beater/travel mod.

You mean just a wire with a solder that's gone cold?

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
You mean just a wire with a solder that's gone cold?
Dunno. Haven't seen one in the flesh, but have heard from some that the wiring in those things is sub-standard. In any case, the symptoms that you describe are consistent with a dodgy connection between the battery and the board.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I find myself using the mechs more than the regulated mods, especially at home where I have a bunch of them. Now if I'm driving all day, or am in some other situation where I'd prefer to use just one mod, then I'll grab a regulated. But even then, there's a mech somewhere as backup.

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wondered about this a lot. The regs are hard to get and I think they are awesome looking but wondered if they vape as well as the mechs. And FB is too intimidating to ask questions and don't want to offend a modder or what have you.

I have 3 REOs and do love them. There are times, especially after vaping a "normal" mod like my SX Mini, that I wish the REO has more oomph, if that makes sense. So I thought a reg Squonker would do that but reading up on them, I'm seeing other wise. Kinda confusing.

I do have a DNA 40 Sunbox coming so I can finally see the difference. If it's what u guys are saying, I may redirect back to mechs.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What REOs do you run ange? I vaped REOs exclusively until January last year when more mech squonker options came out.

I haven't used a 2015 woodvil or p67, but my other mechs perform better. And I've never broken a positive contact unlike reos.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Look on the co op thread post there so i can make a list
I'm trying to put together. A group buy for this bad boy it's around $30 with shipping if i get a few people together
c2722d208644fb546ddf348f05a83537.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm trying to put together. A group buy for this bad boy it's around $30 with shipping if i get a few people together

Hmm, that looks quite interesting. Heck, for 30$ bucks I'd be game to give it a try .. count me in.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, that looks quite interesting. Heck, for 30$ bucks I'd be game to give it a try .. count me in.
Pm me with a way a quick way to contact You

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyone interested pm me with way to contact you if your not online..

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What REOs do you run ange? I vaped REOs exclusively until January last year when more mech squonker options came out.

I haven't used a 2015 woodvil or p67, but my other mechs perform better. And I've never broken a positive contact unlike reos.

I have the LP mini, LP Grand and the P67. I was looking at other Mechs like CC mods but wasn't sure if others have the safety feature of collapsed springs like the REOs

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do have a question for the resident Squonkmizers. Can a squonking center post/pin be found/purchased for a Tugboat v2?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do have a question for the resident Squonkmizers. Can a squonking center post/pin be found/purchased for a Tugboat v2?
No but it can be easily modified just drill a small hole down the center pin small enough not to hit the threads

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the LP mini, LP Grand and the P67. I was looking at other Mechs like CC mods but wasn't sure if others have the safety feature of collapsed springs like the REOs

No, no fuses or springs. The v1 dibi does, but performs much like a REO

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, no fuses or springs. The v1 dibi does, but performs much like a REO

Ok thanks. Not sure I'm an expert enough to use a full mech :(

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
co ops are a bit redundant these days IMO. Stores will probably have them in the next week or so, quicker than organising a co op, and chinese stores will be just as cheap

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
co ops are a bit redundant these days IMO. Stores will probably have them in the next week or so, quicker than organising a co op, and chinese stores will be just as cheap
Thought that to but it wont be available. For two months

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sure you are ... as long as you don't do builds like Doggie, you'll be fine! :D

So good to see you here BTW!

The only thing that runs through my head is when I first got my Chalice, which is a TINY deck space, I clipped off one of the wires and apparently, not close enough. Didn't re-test with the top cap on (LESSON totally learned) and went to fire it. Acting weird and crap and the next thing you know, collapsed spring in the Grand and a nice char mark in the Chalice. DOH!

If it were a mech...well, ya kno... Call me chicken but the power on them is hard to pass up.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think I will join in with the rest of you bonkers. Here is one I made a few months back and had to redo when the old school style switch I had in it pocket fired and took out the mini A7 I had on it. So decided to move and change the type of 510 connector to allow for a 22 mm atty with no overhang. Went with a brass derringer and installed a matching FDV mini soft tac switch which required me to use my first mosfet in a mod I made.

WAIg3OL.jpg

1Xtq1px.jpg

kchc3Au.jpg

And a pic of how it looked before. What do you think?

npxyoUU.jpg
Nice looking mod...!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I bought one too Ross...for the money, can't go wrong...if I drop it - smash it...who cares, etc etc....:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have 8 GDNA's...I love those light DNA 40 squonker mods. But I can't wait until Catfish finishes the DNA 200 squonkers....!

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, but did ya take at apart yet to see what makes it tick?

0pjijBK.jpg

AVpg13F.jpg

I've been like that since I was a little kid.
Z9P0tM3.gif

Kudos to you. I'd never be able to put it back together.

So I got my first regulated squonk and it def is a learning curve. Gotta try different atties and builds to find that sweet spot

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
being a virgin in the bottom feed world, can someone suggest a good atty that can run a single coil 22g or 24g build with ample airflow for a reo grand?

I know the pickings are a little slim unless I go to a LP, which isn't an option at this time

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cyclone, RM2, Chalice are all good atties IMO and would fit on the Grand.

What do you have on it now, is that an A6?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
rm-3

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ah, okay Thanks!

I just re-read what you wrote and now I'm not sure if those atties would work for you if you are after big air ... my bad, should have read closer.

:anyone:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
the cyclone looks like it'll work if I drill it out. I know at one time there was something similar called the scar but I cant find either one with bottm feed pin.
the chalice is going to be a no Bueno, not at 140$

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
i made some calls and am getting this converted to a lowpro

what would you all suggest as a good cloud producing and flavor producing bf att

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm really liking my Cthulhu rda for my bigger coil builds; and it's cheap.
how is the flavor? I'm trying to find a sigle coil similar In performance to the tugboat or petri

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Still just curious here if the velocity bf pin will work w/ a lot of various rdas. think I'm saving up for a dripbox. been aggravated that the terminator's positive contact went to shit. Been tootling w/ the t-dux 4 on my mvp or the m22 for now. It's ... eh ... okay. Rather be squonking.

Ha Ha! Broke out the RSST. Not quite squonk but at least it does make vapor. :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors