Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I toss my bottles in the USC. Probably one of the better vaping investments I've made.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I do, too. Filled with shitty vodka. :giggle:

I use shitty vodka also - isopropyl leaves an aweful taste and smell

Just plain water (mine is not chlorinated) works just fine the majority of the time, unless I'm trying to remove cinnamon or something equally strong that likes to own bottles and atties

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
People on FT have used the YFTK BF pins in their Magma'a with great success. You have to put the pin in a drill and reduce the size of the head a little with a file or emery cloth. I have done this to quite a few RDA's that didn't have BF capability. I've also converted some of the 4 hole ones like the Royal Hunter and Mutation V3 that are not as simple as changing out a pin.

BF 510 Pins.
https://www.fasttech.com/p/7991600

TruckinVapor's Magma converted.
https://www.fasttech.com/forums/5684800/t/2318668/aeolus-lite?2318705

The Achilles could probably be converted to bottom feed but would require a bit more work.

You might find also an RDA from the all things squonk thread on FT that suits your style.
https://www.fasttech.com/forums/vapers/t/2468144/squonking-at-fasttech

You should know I would NEVER EVER do anything to fuck up my Achilles. :D But I might consider it with a Prometey -- the only thing wrong with the Prometey is the lack of well, but the squonking would solve that. It's got a draw/airflow exactly like the Achilles. In fact, one of the many attys I was just PIFed is a Prometey with a hollow 510 pin. I asked the PIF'er if she had used it as a squonker and she had no idea what I was talking about. It occurred to me to wonder if that hollow 510 was how someone tried to deal with the tight airflow on the Prometey... but if you used that hollow 510 to squonk, and the juice came up via that central airflow-stack... what would that mean for the airflow? I guess you could squonk and then hit it, but not squonk and hit at the same time?

Andria

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The NoToy looks like it could be dialed down to quite a tight draw and it has a squonk pin. Looks like 3F is out of stock at the moment.

Got them funky lanyard holes in the top too. :D
I have a No Toy clone,and you can dial it down to a tight draw.It's really easy to oversquonk it though since the air comes up under the coil and doesn't come up very high from the deck.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The NoToy looks like it could be dialed down to quite a tight draw and it has a squonk pin. Looks like 3F is out of stock at the moment.

Got them funky lanyard holes in the top too. :D

Looks to me like the 3 humongous internal airholes would completely defeat any serious tightening, much like the Achilles II -- the only way I got that one to anything like tight enough was to insert a 12ga needle in the airflow-stack and cut it off flush with a dremel -- and it's still a bit looser than I prefer, but at least tolerable. Of course, that leaves the leaking problem, which is apparentlty unsolvable, with that stupid airflow ring he decided to switch to -- the originals with the bottom hex-key adjustment never leak unless you overfill them; the Achilles II leaks almost as bad as a Magma.

Andria

houndb

Member For 4 Years
Well I never do preorders but I figured I will try it out ordered a Lost Vape Therion BF Squonker DNA75C Box Mod and a Vandy Vape Pulse

houndb

Member For 4 Years
I have probably 50 bf attys and the snapdragon 1.5 and nardas are what I always fall back on. I only wish I got the glass tops for the narda when I could.

drugarth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just ordered 2 Gas Nixon rdta's, they squonk and look pretty nice.....and also not too expesive.....already got 5 rda's for squonking, but my squonk boxes are not in yet :-(
BTW I'm all over those Ijoy squonk captains, they are exactly what I'm looking for

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm suffering a severe case of buyitis. Dammit, why doesn't Amazon sell vape gear? :D I put things I want in my wishlist, then when it's time to buy me something, my husband goes through it and knows he's getting me something I want (we've had miscommunications before, which ended in me having an entire Frosty the Snowman set from Build-A-Bear lol). It'd be so much handier if they had vape gear, too. :teehee:

Khanninnarh

Member For 3 Years
Question to the guys who know better than me.

I was just wondering if it's safe to run a 0.4ohm SS316L Triple Fused Clapton on a Mech Squonker. On Steamengine the power comes up to be 30.63Watts

Battery is a Sony VTC5A

I prefer a warmer vape but just a bit scared to build lower. Any advice?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm suffering a severe case of buyitis. Dammit, why doesn't Amazon sell vape gear? :D I put things I want in my wishlist, then when it's time to buy me something, my husband goes through it and knows he's getting me something I want (we've had miscommunications before, which ended in me having an entire Frosty the Snowman set from Build-A-Bear lol). It'd be so much handier if they had vape gear, too. :teehee:

Time to leave some browser tabs open....

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Question to the guys who know better than me.

I was just wondering if it's safe to run a 0.4ohm triple fused Clapton on a Mech Squonker.

Battery is a Sony VTC5A

I prefer a warmer vape but just a bit scared to build lower.

Thanks!

Not sure if this is the same tool that was linked pages ago....
Please know your battery and stay within the limits, the rest is cream cheese ;)

http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/watt-volt-amp-calculator.htm

By doing the math using the table, let's say 4.2 volts and resistance (ohms) is .4
Hit "calculate"

40 something watts
10.4 Amps

VTC5 is a supposed 30 amp cell?
I'd say you're well within the limits of your cell given it is in good condition....

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
if for sale at 1pm local France...isnt that in 10hrs and change from now?
Still 4am for you I believe

View attachment 91656

if for sale at 1pm local France...isnt that in 10hrs and change from now?

Still 4am for you ;) I believe

Guess I'll just have to go to be now, because if it is 1 p.m. French time (GMT+ 2) it will be 3 a.m. for me

If it is GMT+1 hour, it will be 4 a.m.

If it is 1p.m. GMT (and they put +1 on there for no reason but to confuse JuicyLucy) it will be 2 a.m.

And this is one night I absolutely positively cannot stay up half the night, but I absolutely, positively need this atty :D

(Gotta be on my game at work tomorrow to pay for all these excesses)

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OOh. @JuicyLucy and whoever else is waiting...
I think you're gonna LIKE LIKE the Entheon.
Yes, it's pricey...but

What I expected: Like a Hadaly, but without the juice-gurgle I still get and hate.
What I worried about: Air getting DIVERTED to Hadaly-sized holes might make it too tight a draw for me.

What I think so far: "wait, lemme hit that again. That can't be right." But it IS. The flavor is better on the Entheon than the Hadaly."
Also, the aiflow is about the same...but smooooother. So I like it (wide open).

So if you like the Hadaly, I think you'll love the Entheon.

I really really want an adapter for an 810 tip, because in an 810, I have just the kind of tip I want to use on it. There are a ton of options included: wide bore with an integral "funnel" in both SS and Delrin, 510 adapter for your own tip in SS and Delrin, and "regular bore" in both SS and Delrin. Yes, there are 6 options included, and I still don't have the tip I want, LOL.

Entheon-Arkon.jpg
pointfourthree.jpg

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yes, it's pricey...but

What I expected: Like a Hadaly, but without the juice-gurgle I still get and hate.
What I worried about: Air getting DIVERTED to Hadaly-sized holes might make it too tight a draw for me.

What I think so far: "wait, lemme hit that again. That can't be right." But it IS. The flavor is better on the Entheon than the Hadaly."

I really really want an adapter for an 810 tip, because in an 810, I have just the kind of tip I want to use on it. There are a ton of options included: wide bore with an integral "funnel" in both SS and Delrin, 510 adapter for your own tip in SS and Delrin, and "regular bore" in both SS and Delrin. Yes, there are 6 options included, and I still don't have the tip I want, LOL.

View attachment 91657
View attachment 91658

:bunny:

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He doesn't touch my computer, and vice versa. :p

I gotta be honest...
I pulled out the big guns with suggesting the browser tabs.
You're officially beyond my capacity for aid.

I'm shocked that Amazon doesn't have a vaping device with a closed-loop system where the "pod" or whatever would track use throughout the "pack" (of 5 perhaps) and on the final pod, send a signal to the Amazon app on your phone to auto-ship a new pack of pods.
Thus:
Amazon tracks your useage including peak times of use and then spams the shit out of your social media feed / email / app during those times when all you wanna do is relax and read some funny fucking cat memes.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, it's pricey...but

View attachment 91657
View attachment 91658

You need to get with Nick Ricotta on FB... I bet he'd be down to try out some tips for these! Lots of folks seem to like them!

Khanninnarh

Member For 3 Years
Not sure if this is the same tool that was linked pages ago....
Please know your battery and stay within the limits, the rest is cream cheese ;)

http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/watt-volt-amp-calculator.htm

By doing the math using the table, let's say 4.2 volts and resistance (ohms) is .4
Hit "calculate"

40 something watts
10.4 Amps

VTC5 is a supposed 30 amp cell?
I'd say you're well within the limits of your cell given it is in good condition....

Thanks man.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Guess I'll just have to go to be now, because if it is 1 p.m. French time (GMT+ 2) it will be 3 a.m. for me

If it is GMT+1 hour, it will be 4 a.m.

If it is 1p.m. GMT (and they put +1 on there for no reason but to confuse JuicyLucy) it will be 2 a.m.

And this is one night I absolutely positively cannot stay up half the night, but I absolutely, positively need this atty :D

(Gotta be on my game at work tomorrow to pay for all these excesses)

This is gonna Cook your Noodle...

AllianceTech is located in Lisses France right lol

upload_2017-9-14_18-58-59.png

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Actually....I think I saw something like that.
Not Amazon, but it did onboard calculations, would "manage" your nic (it held juice and nic separately and blended them on the way to the coil) adjusting if you vaped too much or something...and I THINK it may have bluetoothed to order supplies for you... Freaky, but not interesting enough to remember who made it. Wasn't 'Merican...

I gotta be honest...

I'm shocked that Amazon doesn't have a vaping device with a closed-loop system where the "pod" or whatever would track use throughout the "pack" (of 5 perhaps) and on the final pod, send a signal to the Amazon app on your phone to auto-ship a new pack of pods.
Thus:
Amazon tracks your useage including peak times of use and then spams the shit out of your social media feed / email / app during those times when all you wanna do is relax and read some funny fucking cat memes.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Might be! I don't have an Armor to check, but yeah - the hole is a bit bigger than 810...

Is it just slightly larger than an 810? If so, then its the same size as the Armor. Which I have a few direct fit DTs without the adapters

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You need to get with Nick Ricotta on FB... I bet he'd be down to try out some tips for these! Lots of folks seem to like them!

MS...quick question... I noticed a trend on some pictures on FB of people posting their Haku's...

upload_2017-9-14_19-6-30.png

That terminal bend bottom right...

upload_2017-9-14_19-7-52.png

and again...

Is the positive post just floating and able to be disassembled and why it turns like that? Similar to how the Goons posts sort of does the same thing?

thanks!

Don

EDIT: Seems more prevalent on the Cruiser being that the support/deck is milled back more...hmm

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Might be! I don't have an Armor to check, but yeah - the hole is a bit bigger than 810...

before I had my DT's made for the armor... I used an 810 and cut a small piece of heat shrink tubing and heated it up...worked well enough I could pick my mod up from the DT without it coming out.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I gotta be honest...

Thus:

Amazon is missing the boat, not hiring you for marketing. :giggle:

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
All right squonk people - I'm going to try to hit the sack super-early so I can deal with the Frenchies in the middle of the god damn night

As they say in my neck of the woods: You gotta want it bad

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not so much the mornings, though that's sometimes true, but anytime my asthma is being a pain in the ass, I have to lower the wattage a bit. Also I always start out new wicks at 9.2w, and I think I'd probably need a 4 ohm coil to get wattage that low. :giggle: And then not be able to adjust it upward, as it broke in. But you're right on the money about the difficulty of finding an atty that would suit. Someone once told me that the original Chalice would probably suit me very well, but a) finding one, and b) affording it, might be a real problem.

Andria
Not the original Chalice but a dead on 1:1 clone of the Chalice IV from every review I've read/seen.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/8286800

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Experts?
We have experts?
Sure we do.

mugexpert.jpg

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It says they're $53 (YIKES!!!!), and out of stock. :mad: Apparently REOSmods is the only place to get them, and not even there, apparently. :mad: And a Chalice? Are they fucking kidding??? $140???????? People who think other people are MADE out of money really get my goat.

Andria
Chalice IV is like $10 on FastTech & it is a 1:1

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Chalice IV is like $10 on FastTech & it is a 1:1

Yeah, I looked at that... but I dunno; the airflow looks pretty wide open to me... and TOP airflow? I just can't get excited about that; where the hell do you get the flavor from? There's just no way in hell that a top airflow passes air directly over the coil on the way to the mouth. Even side airflow makes the flavor much too diffuse, just too much air flying everywhere except where it really needs to go.

Andria

VU Sponsors