JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Fixed up a Squonk atty stand.
Got a block of sample bamboo flooring from Lowe's for .50.
Cut off the tongue and grooves with my miter saw.
Drilled 3/8 inch holes in it properly spaced for attys.
Poked cartomizer silicone boots in the holes.
Cut off the carto boots flush with a razor blade.
Now any dribbles out the 510 get caught in the boot which can easily be cleaned out with a Q tip or Vaper towel corner.

Maybe you should start selling those so you could have more cash to give to the grandchildren

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Fixed up a Squonk atty stand.
Got a block of sample bamboo flooring from Lowe's for .50.
Cut off the tongue and grooves with my miter saw.
Drilled 3/8 inch holes in it properly spaced for attys.
Poked cartomizer silicone boots in the holes.
Cut off the carto boots flush with a razor blade.
Now any dribbles out the 510 get caught in the boot which can easily be cleaned out with a Q tip or Vaper towel corner.

PICS or it Never Happened! :popcorn:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I need an atty stand. I was thinking of just getting a bunch of the little metal doohickies and gluing them to a board of some sort. I'm not terribly crafty. :D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How anyone does anything on Reddit is completely beyond me. I've been online since 1990, and on the internet since 1999, but figuring out Reddit is something I've never been able to do.

Andria
ECR is one of my bookmarks. I am over there a few times daily.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think they were white at one time but the paint wore off from use.
Naah I would never get a painted CV would look like crap before long.
The same way as I pretty much only buy SS attys.
I think I have 4 non white or silver mods.
My tube mechs are either SS or Brass.
A brass CV would be too darned heavy. Kinda like having one of those huge fancy desk lighters?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is ECR? Is it anything like nazi-central, ECF?

Andria
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/

And yes kinda. they have a certain way to post images over there and img Nazi's abound.
So far I have never posted an image over there ;)

Many of the posts seem to be about their Alien's or beast tanks having problems. :)

On the good side Mooch posts over there.

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
What is ECR? Is it anything like nazi-central, ECF?

Andria
Nothing like ECF at all.

There is a no personal attacks rule that's rarely enforced just to weed out the real A-holes, a no image posts rule unless it's something people never would have seen before to keep things from getting flooded with images (there's a weekly image thread for all picture sharing,) and a rule for vendors, they're only allowed to post once a week at most for their business, and then only if they've made at least 9 helpful or friendly comments or posts since their last business post. The few businesses that do post are usually things like monthly juice give aways or announcements of major sales.

Not many rules, all simple.

It's very focused on discussion, asking questions, and helping each other.

Edit to note: some people are rude while answering, but it's the internet, and at least they answered.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's very focused on discussion, asking questions, and helping each other.
Well mostly...
They have some assholes as well as most places.
And Moderation level seems to have decreased a bit over there.
But the image Nazi's are everywhere.
And I am still trying to figure out the bot critters.

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Oh, forgot the big drawback of ECR. Everything is all lumped together, no nice tidy sections like here or ECF, so anything ecig related can and eventually will come up.

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So here's something else to share, I too built a thing. Not as impressive as a mod, but handy if you're going to venture into Reddit lands.

It's a thing called a multi-reddit, it's a listing of all the posts in multiple reddit pages all in one spot.

https://www.reddit.com/u/pevinsghost/m/vapelife/new/

I've got the main ecig reddit, a squonker one, the ecig classifieds, a few regional ones like Canadian ecigs, and the UK, and EU, so on and so forth.

The one i did not include is www.reddit.com/r/vaping because it's so full of pictures of people's mods that I'd down in the images.

If it's useful to anyone, then enjoy!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The thing about reddit is... you can't actually navigate in it. Someone will post a link to something there... I'll click if it sounds interesting... but when you get there, it's from like, 2010 or something... the thing you thought you were clicking to isn't there, and can't be found. I've thought for a while that it's just a practical joke, to get people to click things, which aren't really there at all. And I've tried to find the Reddit quit smoking banner, and that too cannot be found.

Andria

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
when you get there, it's from like, 2010 or something...
There are two keys on avoiding that.

At the top of the pages there are options how to sort, "new" is the way to see things that aren't years old. I conveniently linked to the new sorted view on that multi Reddit.

The second key is to turn off mobile view if you're viewing on a phone or tablet.

But it's always a jumbled mess.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I am distraught and discouraged tonight, particularly about squonking. Someone here was kind and generous enough to PIF me a squonk mod and a tiny squonk atty... and Cromwell PIFed some stuff too, which is primarily for my son, but there was also an RDA which has a squonk pin. I'm distraught and discouraged because the squonk mod is a SteamCrave, which apparently can only be adjusted in 1w increments -- so I can vape at 9w, which is a bit mild, or 10w, which is a bit hot, but there is no way to adjust between them. I did setup the RDA that Cromwell sent, because I thought if I closed off ALL the airholes, it might be a tolerable MtL vape, but it's not, it's so loose and open that there's a natural reflex to DtL inhale... which leaves me coughing and groping around for my rescue inhaler. Just got over that.

I haven't yet tried the tiny squonk atty that the squonk PIF'er sent (I won't blab if you don't want me to, I'm not sure of the etiquette for such things, but you know who you are!), because I'm not sure that airflow can be tightened very much either -- I think he said it's an Origen Little, and so it has an airhole on each side, and the airholes are so close together that if you try to have just the edge of airhole showing, it shows the next one in line too. I probably will set that one up, just to see if I can make it work... but with only being able to vape at 9w or 10w... well, neither is my preference (I can tolerate 9.5w if I'm using one of my CF4s, but I really prefer 9.4w or 9.6w). If I could find an atty tight enough, I could use one of those super-long driptips like ePipes use, so that the 10w would be bearable. But finding an RDA which is both a) squonkable, and b) tight enough draw... I'm really not sure that's possible at all.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I tried dealing with Reddit a few years back for DIY :crazy::eek::wait:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Did someone say that you can squonk into a carto? I've got some XL cartos, if that can be done. Of course, their resistance is probably too high for modern mods to fire at all -- 2.8Ω.

But a carto's draw is exactly what I want.

Andria

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well, I am distraught and discouraged tonight, particularly about squonking. Someone here was kind and generous enough to PIF me a squonk mod and a tiny squonk atty... and Cromwell PIFed some stuff too, which is primarily for my son, but there was also an RDA which has a squonk pin. I'm distraught and discouraged because the squonk mod is a SteamCrave, which apparently can only be adjusted in 1w increments -- so I can vape at 9w, which is a bit mild, or 10w, which is a bit hot, but there is no way to adjust between them. I did setup the RDA that Cromwell sent, because I thought if I closed off ALL the airholes, it might be a tolerable MtL vape, but it's not, it's so loose and open that there's a natural reflex to DtL inhale... which leaves me coughing and groping around for my rescue inhaler. Just got over that.

I haven't yet tried the tiny squonk atty that the squonk PIF'er sent (I won't blab if you don't want me to, I'm not sure of the etiquette for such things, but you know who you are!), because I'm not sure that airflow can be tightened very much either -- I think he said it's an Origen Little, and so it has an airhole on each side, and the airholes are so close together that if you try to have just the edge of airhole showing, it shows the next one in line too. I probably will set that one up, just to see if I can make it work... but with only being able to vape at 9w or 10w... well, neither is my preference (I can tolerate 9.5w if I'm using one of my CF4s, but I really prefer 9.4w or 9.6w). If I could find an atty tight enough, I could use one of those super-long driptips like ePipes use, so that the 10w would be bearable. But finding an RDA which is both a) squonkable, and b) tight enough draw... I'm really not sure that's possible at all.

Andria
On the little, there should be a single air hole option, just keep spinning it until there's only one small hole. A narrow drip tip can help too of course.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
On the little, there should be a single author option, just keep spinning it until there's only one small hole. A narrow drip tip can help too of course.

True - was just working on a response to that

Origen Little is a great little attie

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Did someone say that you can squonk into a carto? I've got some XL cartos, if that can be done. Of course, their resistance is probably too high for modern mods to fire at all -- 2.8Ω.

Andria

You can just put one of your favorite drippers on the squonker to see if it will fire a super-high ohm build

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Andria
There was a video a few pages back. A lot of mods will allow up to 3 ohm, which ones do you have?

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
brassybrass2.jpg

Yes indeed - thing weights like 3 pounds.

Naah I would never get a painted CV would look like crap before long.
The same way as I pretty much only buy SS attys.
I think I have 4 non white or silver mods.
My tube mechs are either SS or Brass.
A brass CV would be too darned heavy. Kinda like having one of those huge fancy desk lighters?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There was a video a few pages back. A lot of mods will allow up to 3 ohm, which ones do you have?

Um, they say "Std Resistance".. which I think was supposed to be 2.5Ω, but these usually seem to measure more like 2.8Ω. I used those to get my son started vaping, and I had to put them on my old Sigelei Zmax flat-top; newer mods wouldn't fire them at all.

I don't build my Achilles to that high a resistance, so it wouldn't be possible to tell if the SteamCrave can fire 2.8Ω. My Achilles, I usually try to build to right around 2Ω, though it can vary, depending on how I hold my mouth. Right now it seems to be measuring at 2.23Ω.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, check; I was FINALLY able to get the Origen Little set to just one of the smallest holes... but it's really not very damn small, so I dunno. Looks like more than a mm. I'll put a coil in it tomorrow. Just too damn discouraged about all this, to mess with it any further tonight.

I go thru problems like this every single time I try to venture out and maybe try to break my addiction to an RDA that is no longer made nor sold (Achilles)... with exactly the same result everytime: discouragement & depression. At this point, all I can really hope for is that I'm able to get to a point where I can quit vaping without needing to return to smoking, before my 2 Achilles break.

Andria

VU Sponsors