Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
'Morning Nutters!
Late lunch here, wanted to say hey and send y'all some wuv..
My daily drivers for the week, Runt V2 w/ Dead Rabbit, and Squid Double Barrel topped w/ the Entheon.
I'm on a new kick of matchy matching a regulated & BF and using just them the whole week. Retarded. WonderTwin powers activate!!
Was going to slap a black Dotmod on the Double Barrel for my OCD but I'm loving this Entheon too much right now. ...annnd my Squid is my droppable battlestations mod so with this set up I'm all ready for clumsiness! (Inevitable)
Big bonkers hugs to everyone, enjoy your week mates!

View attachment 94089

I've got a double barrel of the BVB SQRT variety.
35a39d265859efea2bdff409f87034e8.jpg

Sent from planet Krypton

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've got a double barrel of the BVB SQRT variety.
35a39d265859efea2bdff409f87034e8.jpg

Sent from planet Krypton

That looks sharp. I was about to comment on @Proatype 's squid mod "if only a squonk box ...". :) I looked at Don's review a bit. Tried to go to the Fakebook page, "content not available now". Not sure if it's one of those elite groups, or maybe it's just some gremlin piddling around. About how much this one cost you?

I got it, found Baron's Vape Boxes.

Last edited:

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That looks sharp. I was about to comment on @Proatype 's squid mod "if only a squonk box ...". :) I looked at Don's review a bit. Tried to go to the Fakebook page, "content not available now". Not sure if it's one of those elite groups, or maybe it's just some gremlin piddling around. About how much this one cost you?

They probably have it set to secret right now.A lot of them do that when they are getting ready to do a release or a list.Try it again in a day or 2 and it should be back up.

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Still looking for 13-16mm long M3 hollow BF pin if can find one that long ,
Id be very happy so could get the Supreme V2 in single coil setup as Sqounker RDA.

Deffo stocked up on decks tanks and Parts for the V2 Supreme now
emoji18.png

Just want try Squounking with it
Search for an M3 ventilated screw. You'll have to cut it down to length, but being too short should not be a problem. Even Amazon carries them, although not a great price there.

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Jamie does a list about every couple weeks. He'll put up a poll with what available and you click on what you would like to buy, then he does the randomizer thingy and the top ones get to buy a mod. He usually leaves the poll open for 24 hrs so plenty of opportunity to enter. Prices start about $150 and up depending on model and materials.

Sent from planet Krypton

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Search for an M3 ventilated screw. You'll have to cut it down to length, but being too short should not be a problem. Even Amazon carries them, although not a great price there.
I have done Im Uk most seem to be US located and 20-100usd either each or large packs that i dont need
Prices of which is just bonkers for a longer vented pin ,
seems there made for high end machines where they can charge Fortune then they claim it back on Taxes and such,

Only want 1 others list pkts of 10 for high prices im just not willing to pay,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have done Im Uk most seem to be US located and 20-100usd either each or large packs that i dont need
seems there made for high end machines where they can charge Fortune then they claim it back on Taxes and such,

I'm not sure on the length,but have you tried the Fat Daddy pin?Since your in the UK,i believe Modmaker carries the FD stuff.

Edit-Nevermind,looks like they are only about 11mm long including the head.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure on the length,but have you tried the Fat Daddy pin?Since your in the UK,i believe Modmaker carries the FD stuff.

Edit-Nevermind,looks like they are only about 11mm long including the head.
Yes already have them , I did get 18mm long M2.5 vented from Amazon US 6 months ago its the M3 i cant get now ,

9627f66b25cf10405667e480496e94a5.jpg

Just need the 18mm long

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Jamie does a list about every couple weeks. He'll put up a poll with what available and you click on what you would like to buy, then he does the randomizer thingy and the top ones get to buy a mod. He usually leaves the poll open for 24 hrs so plenty of opportunity to enter. Prices start about $150 and up depending on model and materials.

Sent from planet Krypton

Alright. That discounts me, except maybe window shopping, which I can do alone. I'll keep to a low to mid price limit for actual buying.

Got a spinner.

Spinner1.jpg Spinner2.jpg

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yes already have them , I did get 18mm long M2.5 vented from Amazon US 6 months ago its the M3 i cant get now ,

Just need the 18mm long
Yeah, a pack of 10 is overkill but mostly what there is to find, the ones labeled as ventilated screws are actually mostly used in medical devices IIRC, hence the over pricing and why they're so long.

I see them £1 and some pence, but only 10mm long.

https://www.accu.co.uk/en/vented-screws/275646-SSCV-M3-10-A2

Here's an 18mm long, same price range, but the heads wrong so you'd need something to cut the head to shape

https://www.accu.co.uk/en/vented-socket-countersunk-screws/415817-SSKV-M3-18-A2

This place has 16mm looks like for £7.5ish

http://www.mechanicalcomponents.co.uk/en/catalog/precision/other-threaded/vented-screws/p0090

Just have to search around a bit.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Checked Modmaker.co.uk?

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got the Mesh cleaned and set up with the SS mesh, it's coming in at about 24ohm. Jam-packed it full of Drago cotton and OMG, does that thing hold an absolute shit-ton of juice now! Got it in squonk mode on my Inbox and although I wish it had a deeper well, I don't think that thing will ever run out of juice. lol

20171016_162453.jpg

20171016_162959.jpg

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@snake94115, that's the discontinued GBox S100, now about as easy to find as hen's teeth. They're supposed to release another mod sometime soon. They've already released a mech, I'm hoping that the regulated will follow.
Yeah I just spent a solid 30 minutes trying to find 1.All leads ended at the same back alley known as (DEAD END STREET).

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the Mesh cleaned and set up with the SS mesh, it's coming in at about 24ohm. Jam-packed it full of Drago cotton and OMG, does that thing hold an absolute shit-ton of juice now! Got it in squonk mode on my Inbox and although I wish it had a deeper well, I don't think that thing will ever run out of juice. lol

View attachment 94124

View attachment 94125
So I take it you like it then?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 94124

View attachment 94125
Than you for saying that! And these folks were saying I was pimping the Mesh.....well, maybe I was just a little. It is a easy to build, decent atty.

The only caveat is don't make the mesh dome too high or it will melt the bottom on your drip tip......don't ask:confused:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I take it you like it then?

I do. The flavor isn't quite as good as my Pulse 24, but close enough.

Than you for saying that! And these folks were saying I was pimping the Mesh.....well, maybe I was just a little. It is a easy to build, decent atty.

The only caveat is don't make the mesh dome too high or it will melt the bottom on your drip tip......don't ask:confused:

OMG, I wish all attys were as easy to build on! I trimmed about 1mm from the width, as it was too wide to fit into the slots, and a bit off the ends to shorten it, but then just stuffed and juiced and it was ready to go. No futzing around with coils, no threading into teeny holes - I could even do it with my glasses on. :D And there's zero ramp up time. Push the button and it glows.

Good to know on the height. I'll definitely keep that in mind. :giggle: It definitely burns hot, that's for sure.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Okay, so I'm gonna give this squonk thing another try. My main problem is that most squonk mods are not ergonomic or comfortable to use. The squonk bottle hole on the side is a big turn off for me. But I've kept my Wraith because it just feels right with the bottle placement, and I haven't experienced any of the problems with it that others have. I had a Frankenskull clone and hated it. My Sonar parallel is still up for trade, too (hint hint).

Anyways, before I decide to spend more money on something that I might not even use, I decided on this PhantOhm mech clone from SlowTech. It seems to be more along the line of what would be comfortable for me to use, and practically disposable at around $16. If it works out, I'll look for something better quality.

po.jpg

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, so I'm gonna give this squonk thing another try. My main problem is that most squonk mods are not ergonomic or comfortable to use. The squonk bottle hole on the side is a big turn off for me. But I've kept my Wraith because it just feels right with the bottle placement, and I haven't experienced any of the problems with it that others have. I had a Frankenskull clone and hated it. My Sonar parallel is still up for trade, too (hint hint).

Anyways, before I decide to spend more money on something that I might not even use, I decided on this PhantOhm mech clone from SlowTech. It seems to be more along the line of what would be comfortable for me to use, and practically disposable at around $16. If it works out, I'll look for something better quality.

View attachment 94134
I have one of those and I don't think you would be happy with it.My personal experience mirrors what others have had.The door is a pain in the ass to get off,but with a bottle inside the door will not sit flush.And when you squonk,the door will pop off if your not holding it.Second is the button.It rattles around,and is super stiff to press.It will not fire or fires inconsistently unless you press it in just the right spot.I modded the door on mine to fix the issues with it not sitting flush and popping off,but the button is horrible so it sits on the shelf.Others have modded the button and contacts to fix those issues.If you like to tinker,it could be made to work okay.But if you want something working straight outta the box you might want to avoid that one.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do. The flavor isn't quite as good as my Pulse 24, but close enough.

OMG, I wish all attys were as easy to build on! I trimmed about 1mm from the width, as it was too wide to fit into the slots, and a bit off the ends to shorten it, but then just stuffed and juiced and it was ready to go. No futzing around with coils, no threading into teeny holes - I could even do it with my glasses on. :D And there's zero ramp up time. Push the button and it glows.

Good to know on the height. I'll definitely keep that in mind. :giggle: It definitely burns hot, that's for sure.
So is there a standard for the ohms it comes out to? Or more of just a throw in and go? I've seen a few videos but don't remember anyone saying.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So is there a standard for the ohms it comes out to? Or more of just a throw in and go? I've seen a few videos but don't remember anyone saying.

Ohh you can vary the ohms a bit by the length of mesh you put in or what kind of mesh makes the biggest difference.
Kanthal vs SS for instance.

I have researched them. But Brew has still not converted me.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh you can vary the ohms a bit by the length of mesh you put in or what kind of mesh makes the biggest difference.
Kanthal vs SS for instance.

Ahh ok. Sort of trial and error. Haven't researched much because I wasn't sure if I'd be interested in it. But I'll be looking it up. Thanks

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh ok. Sort of trial and error. Haven't researched much because I wasn't sure if I'd be interested in it. But I'll be looking it up. Thanks

Yeah it is kind of like a Wanko or factory coil atty in the respect of resistance.
You can tweak it just a bit but are basically stuck with whatever resistance that your mesh works out to.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not sure why you'd need to vary the ohms but yeah, you can test it, cut a little if you want to change it, test it again, cut more, etc., until you hit what you are aiming at.

You should try it. Not sure why, but I thought you had. My next experiment is to try it with different cotton and see how it does with each one. I should have weighed before and after to see just how much juice it holds. I'll try to remember to do that in the future.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure why you'd need to vary the ohms but yeah, you can test it, cut a little if you want to change it, test it again, cut more, etc., until you hit what you are aiming at.

You should try it. Not sure why, but I thought you had. My next experiment is to try it with different cotton and see how it does with each one. I should have weighed before and after to see just how much juice it holds. I'll try to remember to do that in the future.
Naah I got 3 Wasps for the same money as 1 mesh.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have one of those and I don't think you would be happy with it.My personal experience mirrors what others have had.The door is a pain in the ass to get off,but with a bottle inside the door will not sit flush.And when you squonk,the door will pop off if your not holding it.Second is the button.It rattles around,and is super stiff to press.It will not fire or fires inconsistently unless you press it in just the right spot.I modded the door on mine to fix the issues with it not sitting flush and popping off,but the button is horrible so it sits on the shelf.Others have modded the button and contacts to fix those issues.If you like to tinker,it could be made to work okay.But if you want something working straight outta the box you might want to avoid that one.
Yeah, I figure it'll be the same quality as the shitty Frankenskull clone I had. But I'm really more interested in the ergonomics, and don't mind tinkering a bit to make it work correctly.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah it is kind of like a Wanko or factory coil atty in the respect of resistance.
You can tweak it just a bit but are basically stuck with whatever resistance that your mesh works out to.
Well, sort of. 3F is supposed to be selling both kanthal and SS mesh "coils" for this atty. I guess you could alter resistance a bit by varying the mesh length. Just be careful, don't make it too high. Either that or, you could use one or two notch coils.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, sort of. 3F is supposed to be selling both kanthal and SS mesh "coils" for this atty. I guess you could alter resistance a bit by varying the mesh length. Just be careful, don't make it too high. Either that or, you could use one or two notch coils.

have you tried 2 narrower strips of mesh with a gap between them?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I just didn't know if the yeah started out at 1ohm or .5 etc.. I figure it starts out as a standard and you adjust it to your liking. Just wasn't sure.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon

They aren't cheap by any means but if you know anyone that has a Therion DNA BF, see if you can borrow it for a day.
It is an awesome Squonker.
I like mine so much I'm strongly considering selling my 166 and buying another one.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They aren't cheap by any means but if you know anyone that has a Therion DNA BF, see if you can borrow it for a day.
It is an awesome Squonker.
I like mine so much I'm strongly considering selling my 166 and buying another one.

They are pretty nice. I have two of them and a 75C on pre-order....

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
They are pretty nice. I have two of them and a 75C on pre-order....
I never had one of the older ones, other than the color screen is there much difference?

I could take or leave the color screen, it doesn't make it vape any better.
In fact, I've kind of de-colored mine

61566f0209a212f98eec36df0ebad01d.jpg

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never had one of the older ones, other than the color screen is there much difference?

I could take or leave the color screen, it doesn't make it vape any better.
I'm fact, I've kind of de-coloref mine

61566f0209a212f98eec36df0ebad01d.jpg

I think there's a difference in voltage output and the extra button.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
But can buy 2 VTinbox for price of one Therion BF ,

You can, and the VT Inbox is a nice device and also has the DNA 75 chip.
I had one and it was a very capable device. I didn't think I would like the side Squonk hole but it actually wasn't that bad.
That being said, the Therion is just in a different class in my opinion.

a705fbf409c58a1d40f1e9dfd502b16f.jpg

VU Sponsors