Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey Andria,
The FeV comes with different airflow screws so you can dial it down quite tight. I don;t know if it is going to be an RTA for you as there is a bit of trial and error to get set up in the beginning. You have to unscrew the tank to fill it and it does require a pair of mesh juice feeder wicks (like little straws). The mesh does not have to be torched or anything like that as it is not being used as the coil wick, but you up have to adjust the hole down through it to match you juice viscosity and vape style. A little bit of trial and error is all that's required, once you have them made they will last forever, unless you wash one down the sink. ;)

This is what I'm talking about, the coil goes between the posts, you trim your wick just to the edge of the base and you can see one of the the mesh feeder wicks sticking out of the tank section. You have to make straw long enough for the top of it to poke into the tank a small bit and the bottom rest on top of the coil wick. Just big enough to stay in the hole but not fall out.
8on3ckFl.jpg

That is the full size FeV, the VS is just smaller in diameter. The only thing that holds the tank section on is a pair of o-rings, so depending on how good they are, you don't want to lift it up by the tank. ;)

Once you get it setup and working as you like it, the flavor is one of the best. It's right up there with the Rose V2 which is a lot harder to build and maintain.
uAizomQl.jpg

Maybe you can ask ccwaters (WraithPC) if he will put a build in it with a pair of mesh feeders to match your juice viscosity and vape level before he sends it to you, that way you can get an idea of how to build it. You could also go give the the FeV thread over at ECF a read, there is a ton of great info there.

JeremyR our Prophet of the Rayonati, has a nice little video for making FeV mesh straws.

He also has an older Rayon wicking video for it. ;)

Sorry for all the OT stuff Bonkers, still vape related. :cheers:

Mesh, huh? Dammit. I didn't know that. I thought it was a regular atty. I wouldn't touch rayon with a 10 ft pole, without a gas mask on, that shit is NASTY... but mesh, huh. No, I wouldn't go to ECF if someone paid me, fuck ECF and the horse they rode up on. But as it happens, I do have just a tiny bit of it, which came in that huge box of atty stuff that was PIFed to me recently, so I guess I could give it a go, but I dunno... what if I pay $12 for this atty and then decide it's a huge PITA that I can't operate? I know it doesn't sound like a lot of $$$ but it's the end of the pay period, money's kinda tight. I doubt he would put a build in it for me, he's selling what appears to be HUNDREDS of attys right now, so he's probably busier than a 1 legged man in an ass kicking contest. I might have to go back on this; really didn't know it was one of those mesh assholes. Dammit. :mad:

Andria

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mesh, huh? Dammit. I didn't know that. I thought it was a regular atty. I wouldn't touch rayon with a 10 ft pole, without a gas mask on, that shit is NASTY... but mesh, huh. No, I wouldn't go to ECF if someone paid me, fuck ECF and the horse they rode up on. But as it happens, I do have just a tiny bit of it, which came in that huge box of atty stuff that was PIFed to me recently, so I guess I could give it a go, but I dunno... what if I pay $12 for this atty and then decide it's a huge PITA that I can't operate? I know it doesn't sound like a lot of $$$ but it's the end of the pay period, money's kinda tight. I doubt he would put a build in it for me, he's selling what appears to be HUNDREDS of attys right now, so he's probably busier than a 1 legged man in an ass kicking contest. I might have to go back on this; really didn't know it was one of those mesh assholes. Dammit. :mad:

Andria
I have never had any issues with Rayon but to each their own. I just mentioned ECF as there was a large FeV thread chock full of info that could have be helpful.

You could use pure undyed cotton yarn, silica or Ekowool as the feeder wicks but they are not idea. It's also not a mesh build tank, the mesh is only a tube to transport the juice from the tank to the wick. You could use some small Stainless, PET or Ultem tubing that fits in the hole and it would still work perfectly. A few of the Taifun's use PET feeder tubes.

I would probably advise against buying it, they do require a little fine tuning to get going and can flood or dry hit until you get the feeder size sorted out. Nothing worse than buying an RDA or RTA from the hype and then finding out it's not for you, I have a box full. :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have never had any issues with Rayon but to each their own. I just mentioned ECF as there was a large FeV thread chock full of info that could have be helpful.

You could use pure undyed cotton yarn, silica or Ekowool as the feeder wicks but they are not idea. It's also not a mesh build tank, the mesh is only a tube to transport the juice from the tank to the wick. You could some small Stainless, PET or Ultem tubing that fits in the hole and it would still work perfectly. Some of the Taifun's use PET feeder tubes.

I would probably advise against buying it, they do require a little fine tuning to get going and can flood or dry hit until you get the feeder size sorted out. Nothing worse than buying an RDA or RTA from the hype and then finding out it's not for you, I have a box full. :giggle:

I use only Shiseido cotton; it wicks better than anything I've ever seen, and the taste is amazing -- it breaks in within 2-4 hits (at least, in the Achilles it does!). I just can't figure why it would need "feeder straws" -- I use very long wicks in the Achilles, and it wicks beautifully!

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I figure that Andria is a bit like me in that she does not like to fiddle with vape stuff just to be fiddling with it.
I tend to find something I like and let others pull their hair out on the new stuff while I sit back and watch to see if it is for me.
It is usually cheaper and has bugs worked out by the time I decide to buy it.

I spent most of my career in the bleeding edge of computers and such and know how that game is played.
Stay a step or two behind and it is safer and cheaper.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use only Shiseido cotton; it wicks better than anything I've ever seen, and the taste is amazing -- it breaks in within 2-4 hits (at least, in the Achilles it does!). I just can't figure why it would need "feeder straws" -- I use very long wicks in the Achilles, and it wicks beautifully!

Andria
It's an RDA with the juice well above the coil, the feeder connects the tank to the wick otherwise the juice would just pour down through.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's an RDA with the juice well above the coil, the feeder connects the tank to the wick otherwise the juice would just pour down through.
No offense intended but just seems like making something more complicated to me.
RTA's have the juice above the coil and work fine with just a cotton wick.
Just a KISS kind of guy.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I figure that Andria is a bit like me in that she does not like to fiddle with vape stuff just to be fiddling with it.
I tend to find something I like and let others pull their hair out on the new stuff while I sit back and watch to see if it is for me.

I spent most of my career in the bleeding edge of computers and such and know how that game is played.

Absolutely this! One reason I love the Achilles so much is that you don't have to constantly fuck with it! No need for vacuum, pft! You coil it, you wick it, you put 2.5ml of juice in it, and then you just vape it! EASY! Then when it gets low, you taste the difference in the less-saturated wicks, you put more juice in it. No need to take it off the mod unless you're cleaning it (or putting a new coil in it -- I put the base in my vise when I'm mounting a new coil, so I don't have to chase it all over the countertop).

And I always stay about 5 yrs behind on PC tech, to save money -- and I buy "refurbished"!

Andria

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hey Andria,
The FeV comes with different airflow screws so you can dial it down quite tight. I don;t know if it is going to be an RTA for you as there is a bit of trial and error to get set up in the beginning. You have to unscrew the tank to fill it and it does require a pair of mesh juice feeder wicks (like little straws). The mesh does not have to be torched or anything like that as it is not being used as the coil wick, but you up have to adjust the hole down through it to match you juice viscosity and vape style. A little bit of trial and error is all that's required, once you have them made they will last forever, unless you wash one down the sink. ;)

This is what I'm talking about, the coil goes between the posts, you trim your wick just to the edge of the base and you can see one of the the mesh feeder wicks sticking out of the tank section. You have to make straw long enough for the top of it to poke into the tank a small bit and the bottom rest on top of the coil wick. Just big enough to stay in the hole but not fall out.
8on3ckFl.jpg

That is the full size FeV, the VS is just smaller in diameter. The only thing that holds the tank section on is a pair of o-rings, so depending on how good they are, you don't want to lift it up by the tank. ;)

Once you get it setup and working as you like it, the flavor is one of the best. It's right up there with the Rose V2 which is a lot harder to build and maintain.
uAizomQl.jpg

Maybe you can ask ccwaters (WraithPC) if he will put a build in it with a pair of mesh feeders to match your juice viscosity and vape level before he sends it to you, that way you can get an idea of how to build it. You could also go give the the FeV thread over at ECF a read, there is a ton of great info there.

JeremyR our Prophet of the Rayonati, has a nice little video for making FeV mesh straws.

He also has an older Rayon wicking video for it. ;)

Sorry for all the OT stuff Bonkers, still vape related. :cheers:
Have you tried the Taifun GT III to compare it to? I knew someone that was saying it's the same as the Rose V2 performance wise, but much easier to get built and working right.

I picked a clone up and if I hadn't switched over to full time squonk I'd have gotten an authentic to be on all the time.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

It sounds much more complicated than it is until you actually see it and use it.
Once you have it setup, it's just fill, vape and rewick when required.

These are also RTA's from a bygone era where Silica was the only wick of choice. Adapting them for today's wick materials took a little more effort to master... But that has already been done. ;)

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you tried the Taifun GT III to compare it to? I knew someone that was saying it's the same as the Rose V2 performance wise, but much easier to get built and working right.

I picked a clone up and if I hadn't switched over to full time squonk I'd have gotten an authentic to be on all the time.
I never did grab a GT III but I do have a GS :eek: and a GS II that I haven't used in a long while.
The only thing with the Rose V2 was the wicking, and once you have done it a few times it's a piece of cake.

The postless deck originated with the Rose. ;)
w5Sd9LAl.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never did grab a GT III but I do have a GS :eek: and a GS II that I haven't used in a long while.
The only thing with the Rose V2 was the wicking, and once you have done it a few times it's a piece of cake.

The postless deck originated with the Rose. ;)
w5Sd9LAl.jpg

I never could get into those, since there's zero indication of how the coil is actually attached -- in vendor photos, all you see are the holes, and in your pic above, you see the holes, and the coil, but still no info whatever on how to put that coil on there.

Andria

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I never could get into those, since there's zero indication of how the coil is actually attached -- in vendor photos, all you see are the holes, and in your pic above, you see the holes, and the coil, but still no info whatever on how to put that coil on there.

Andria
There are openings on the side of the base for access to the grub screws, you put the coil legs down through the holes and then tighten the screws.
YOhW7QQl.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"Tra La La La Ta Da La La Tra La La La Tra La ... ♪♫♬"

I need to become more decisive & disciplined, gain that damn willpower thing. Got a wild hair where the sun doesn't reach. Lo, behold the Gorge spat out his cotton wick and gobbled up Rayon. One hit and it was broken in perfectly. :)

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
There are openings on the side of the base for access to the grub screws, you put the coil legs down through the holes and then tighten the screws.
YOhW7QQl.jpg
Yup, postless recessed decks are exactly why I avoided the Rose.

The GT III deck is more like a Kayfun on easy mode.

taifun_gtiii_deck.jpg

I'm a bad judge of lengths and I'd burn through so much wire trying to get the legs right and trimming too much with any postless deck. Something I can trim leads after mounting is much preferred.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well well well, take a wild guess what's on 3fvape now for $69 and $79 bucks...hint...ones a dual ones a triple

Just kidding I just wanted to hear you from way over there say, "Ahh WTF!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah i wouldnt be worried at all i still paid way less wink wink

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone got a hadaly signature tips drip they wanna get rid of?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
full piss plastic
buttery rubbers --- Excellent idea for a Punk band name, not that I play any instruments or can sing for shit. Might do well to cover a few Bowie tunes, maybe some Zombie covers converted to something jazzy yet still industrial.

That name beats out Titanium Spork Cyclones From Saturn. My CBD might have gotten mixed up.<joking> I don't vape CBD, though we have got a shop near that sells it and legally. Had fun today as a do-nothing day, split up between ricking and helping move logs, and doing laundry. Not sure who's mind I'm in today. Someone like raining at the beach?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone else find the Pulse 22 rda to have too much air? I’m also not a huge fan of the Goon style drip tip or the 510 adapter. Flavor is decent but I use the thing with one air hole closed about half way.
Starting to think this guy isn’t for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
YOhW7QQl.jpg

But where are the screws, and how do you tighten them?

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tried the dual parallel kanthal .16 coils in a Goon 22mm clone for a few days.

My thoughts.
Atty got quite warm.
Battery did not last long on a charge.
Vape was not as good as my Wasp Nano with Parallel SS .22 coil in it.
Seemed to get the same amount of vapor.
Wasp also stayed cool.
Battery lasted longer on a charge.

Experiment over.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
buttery rubbers --- Excellent idea for a Punk band name, not that I play any instruments or can sing for shit. Might do well to cover a few Bowie tunes, maybe some Zombie covers converted to something jazzy yet still industrial.

That name beats out Titanium Spork Cyclones From Saturn. My CBD might have gotten mixed up.<joking> I don't vape CBD, though we have got a shop near that sells it and legally. Had fun today as a do-nothing day, split up between ricking and helping move logs, and doing laundry. Not sure who's mind I'm in today. Someone like raining at the beach?

CBD seems utterly pointless to me -- "use this stuff that will make you fail a piss test, and not even get high!" I mean... WHY FUCKING BOTHER???

Andria

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
CBD seems utterly pointless to me -- "use this stuff that will make you fail a piss test, and not even get high!" I mean... WHY FUCKING BOTHER???

Andria

It doesn’t make you fail a piss test. There’s no THC and that’s what the piss test is for.

It doesn’t get you high, but it does relax you. I use it for anxiety and to help me sleep. That’s why I “fucking bother.”

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It doesn’t make you fail a piss test. There’s no THC and that’s what the piss test is for.

It doesn’t get you high, but it does relax you. I use it for anxiety and to help me sleep. That’s why I “fucking bother.”

Ah. From the few threads I've perused, it would seem that a lot do make you fail the test -- if I was gonna risk that, I'd just use the real stuff -- which I do anyway, since I'm a housewife -- no need to worry about any tests!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Like a nuppin on the side by the looks
31853d26591e116e0643c140b06901a2.jpg

Ok gotcha... but what do you use to tighten them? I bet it's not a phillips head? Though inside that hole, it might not matter so much; the screwdriver is inside the hole so it couldn't go too far astray from a straight screw.

Andria

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah. From the few threads I've perused, it would seem that a lot do make you fail the test -- if I was gonna risk that, I'd just use the real stuff -- which I do anyway, since I'm a housewife -- no need to worry about any tests!

Andria

It depends on the CBD oil you use. Most of the stuff sold in states where the real stuff isn’t legal is derived from industrial hemp and does not contain THC.
The benefits of CBD are very real. I’m not a fan of the “full experience” but CBD works well for my use.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Under no circumstance am I going to use the stock bottle with the DripTech - can't believe they included such a piece of shit in a mod costing this much - but I guess if Lost Vape got away with it ...
Did u get it i warned u about that bottle

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors