Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

MsLoud

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyone get the Vikset for Entheon from FB group and not want them? I'm motivated and would trade a squonk box for a set if anyone has them.
I'm still waiting on shit from Allen and not inclined to buy anything else from them for a while...uugh

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@BrewBear --a question for you, since I think you probably vape the closest to my own tight draw of anyone I know around here -- Have you tried the Doggie Styled RTA? If so -- how tight is it REALLY? And is it a huge PITA to refill?

Thx!
Andria

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@BrewBear --a question for you, since I think you probably vape the closest to my own tight draw of anyone I know around here -- Have you tried the Doggie Styled RTA? If so -- how tight is it REALLY? And is it a huge PITA to refill?

Thx!
Andria
I'm sorry, I missed that one! I opted for the Hussar rta instead. I also bought the 1.3 mm tube and the mini chamber for it. It was about $30 when all was done, but it starts at 1.3 mm and you can tighten the draw further with the afc ring. I think @ToolmanTexas likes the same kind of draw, he really liked the doggy.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm sorry, I missed that one! I opted for the Hussar rta instead. I also bought the 1.3 mm tube and the mini chamber for it. It was about $30 when all was done, but it starts at 1.3 mm and you can tighten the draw further with the afc ring. I think @ToolmanTexas likes the same kind of draw, he really liked the doggy.

Hmm ok; I might check out that Hussar, if it can be tightened down from 1.3mm. The Berserker's 2 tightest settings, .8mm and 1mm, both suit me pretty well, depending on my mood I guess. I'm just not really happy with its flavor production. It's not bad... just kinda blah.

Andria

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmm ok; I might check out that Hussar, if it can be tightened down from 1.3mm. The Berserker's 2 tightest settings, .8mm and 1mm, both suit me pretty well, depending on my mood I guess. I'm just not really happy with its flavor production. It's not bad... just kinda blah.

Andria
Have you heard about the siren v2 mtl? I'm ordering that one, hear it's good compared to thr big berserker

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have you heard about the siren v2 mtl? I'm ordering that one, hear it's good compared to thr big berserker

I've looked at it, but the airholes under the coil area are fucking HUMONGOUS. No way in hell would that have a really tight draw -- no matter how the external AFC is set, if it's a huge airhole inside, it's not going to be a really tight draw.

Andria

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Dotmod just got back in my good graces a little!
0eb0e4737c06bdaecf3e7b50b7014a19.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Interesting, I like the MTL tank. I'll wait for y'all to give some feedback first....

Hmmm. Save from liking the MTL, being more a chuff-er now, agree w/ the ale & mead making bear, @BrewBear.
I'm not sure I exactly like the design or not. *recalls Hathur / Hasur / something or not that was a POS, is prejudiced now, looks at pics of "new" Has been Rda scornfully*

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Andria
Hey @AndriaD, I have had both the Hussar and the Doggy and both are great but for different reasons :)

Hussar, gives the better flavor (IMO, which of course is subjective) but is a bit more to work with, because it has JFC and topfill.

Doggy is SUPER simple to work with (ultra simple design) but does NOT have JFC or topfill. Bottom fill doesn't bother me 1 iota but it drives some people bonkers.

My 2c.

Sending you a PM also so heads up :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey @AndriaD, I have had both the Hussar and the Doggy and both are great but for different reasons :)

Hussar, gives the better flavor (IMO, which of course is subjective) but is a bit more to work with, because it has JFC and topfill.

Doggy is SUPER simple to work with (ultra simple design) but does NOT have JFC or topfill. Bottom fill doesn't bother me 1 iota but it drives some people bonkers.

My 2c.

Sending you a PM also so heads up :)

Ok cool. That's good to know about the juice control, because that is simply way too complicated for something as simple as an atomizer. I don't mind bottom-fill; the Berserker supposedly has top-fill, but it works just like with a Kayfun -- take the top off, every bit of juice leaks out on your mod and hand. :facepalm: My main concern about the Doggy's bottom-fill is that it has one of those very annoying AFC rings around the bottom, which would make removing that bottom very difficult, since it doesn't have any kind of beveling or cross-hatching (knurling?) to make removing it easier.

I'm wondering if the flavor is any better with the doggy, than with the Berserker.

Andria

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok cool. That's good to know about the juice control, because that is simply way too complicated for something as simple as an atomizer. I don't mind bottom-fill; the Berserker supposedly has top-fill, but it works just like with a Kayfun -- take the top off, every bit of juice leaks out on your mod and hand. :facepalm: My main concern about the Doggy's bottom-fill is that it has one of those very annoying AFC rings around the bottom, which would make removing that bottom very difficult, since it doesn't have any kind of beveling or cross-hatching (knurling?) to make removing it easier.

I'm wondering if the flavor is any better with the doggy, than with the Berserker.

Andria
I'm a KF fanatic so I have mastered top and bottom filling every KF config I have and apply that to other atties that are vacuum style. I've got a Berserker coming and expect it to behave exactly the same.

Flavor is so subjective it's hard to say. For $10 the SXK Doggy is a good investment IMO, its a great out and about attie as it is almost indestructable and so simple.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm a KF fanatic so I have mastered top and bottom filling every KF config I have and apply that to other atties that are vacuum style. I've got a Berserker coming and expect it to behave exactly the same.

Flavor is so subjective it's hard to say. For $10 the SXK Doggy is a good investment IMO, its a great out and about attie as it is almost indestructable and so simple.

Simple is wonderful -- and a large part of the reason I've gotten so attached to my Achilles, aside from the TERRIFIC vape and zero-leaking -- RDAs are tops in my book, none of that pesky vacuum shit to deal with, just gravity. :D

I do think the Doggy looks like one I need to try; I notice that the airhole under the coil deck seems to be quite petite, which is one of the things I always look for, to give a great tight-draw vape.

Andria

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Simple is wonderful -- and a large part of the reason I've gotten so attached to my Achilles, aside from the TERRIFIC vape and zero-leaking -- RDAs are tops in my book, none of that pesky vacuum shit to deal with, just gravity. :D

I do think the Doggy looks like one I need to try; I notice that the airhole under the coil deck seems to be quite petite, which is one of the things I always look for, to give a great tight-draw vape.

Andria
100% agreement (except I love RTAs :)), especially the air hole under the coil on deck. 1.5 or under is heaven LOL

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do not think that vaping inside a helmet would be a good idea....
Andria might get away with it but I would be blind in one toke.

Not really sure I could do it either; when I'm stealth-vaping in a public restroom and exhale down my shirt, it always fogs up my glasses. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
100% agreement (except I love RTAs :)), especially the air hole under the coil on deck. 1.5 or under is heaven LOL

I was a huuuuuuge fan of KFL+'s... till I started making this gunk-monstah juice, and was wasting a ton due to backwash, juice turning brown, my husband complaining about the smell of "burnt shit". :teehee: So I started looking at RDAs; got a Magma first, and it wasn't bad, but a little airier than I really prefer, and it leaks like a colander. Plus having to keep it upright at all times or it POURS ejuice. :facepalm: Then someone suggested the Achilles, tried it, and bang, I was IN LOVE. Now I just can't seem to get good flavor from anything else, though I keep trying. It appears that tight-draw MtL attys are making a bit of a comeback, so I plan to keep after it; maybe I'll find something new to fall in love with.

Andria

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Soo after spending some quality interwebs time today on my day off catching up with the non-facebooky vape stuff, I'm feeling a bad case of squonk overload.. but not in a good way.
I thought bookybook was bad enough but crikey there is squonk crap at every turn.
Like literally. Crap.
The Chinese sites are just sh*tting out anything with a BF pin & a bottle...
A couple possible diamonds in the rough in the regulated department which might be cool, but today left me feeling like Squonking is the new Fidget Spinner.

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Soo after spending some quality interwebs time today on my day off catching up with the non-facebooky vape stuff, I'm feeling a bad case of squonk overload.. but not in a good way.
I thought bookybook was bad enough but crikey there is squonk crap at every turn.
Like literally. Crap.
A couple possible diamonds in the rough in the regulated department which might be cool, but today left me feeling like Squonking is the new Fidget Spinner.

I agree! And most of these cheap squonks will be gone in a few months. I kinda like all the options to choose from right now, so hopefully the good ones rise to the top and allow us more variety.
Either way I'm good. Gonna pick up a few Mechs that I know I can tinker with and maybe one regulated.

Sent from the Twilight Zone!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree! And most of these cheap squonks will be gone in a few months. I kinda like all the options to choose from right now, so hopefully the good ones rise to the top and allow us more variety.
Either way I'm good. Gonna pick up a few Mechs that I know I can tinker with and maybe one regulated.

Sent from the Twilight Zone!
Most attys are 'gone' in a few months.
Ask most their favorite atty and it will generally be an atty that has not been out very long.
Of course there are exceptions but the majority will reply with one of the latest and greatest out.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like literally. Crap.
Heeeyy! A new squonking fidget spinner! You might be on to something :vino:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL get that spinner thingy spinning under your atty and the bearings lock up and if spinning CCW your atty shoots off of there?

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thx!
Andria
The Cloudone V3 is a nice draw , easy to use and refill too ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors