Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've come to the conclusion, just from reading and watching reviews. that most if not all of the regulated squonk combo kits are on the lame side in one way or other. I was leaning toward the wraith but it looked huge in everyones hand and mine aren't big so I passed on that one. Since most folks end up buying a different RDA than the one that mod came with I didn't see the value in the kits. I also wasn't interested in going back to mechs at this point to get into squonking. I need the screen with the info! Also I can't afford to buy mods on spec, and not interested in trying to flip a device I don't like, or have extra boxes laying around un-used.
I was impressed as soon as I saw the RSQ. A silver one with a matching Drop RDA should be in my mailbox tomorrow. I hope I made a good choice...
hey @chohan how is it getting the battery out? Do you do the hand spank trick, or did you glue in a ribbon?
Easy to hand spank with the RSQ. It's not in that tight. .

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far I found two versions of B2k KRVNK and TRVP X Caviar. Are there significant differences between them ?

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far I found two versions of B2k KRVNK and TRVP X Caviar. Are there significant differences between them ?
Caviar is slightly diff deck with coil rod guides and grub screws comes with ss cap instead of white cap i believe thats it if u get one get the caviar

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Caviar is slightly diff deck with coil rod guides and grub screws comes with ss cap instead of white cap i believe thats it if u get one get the caviar

From what I have heard caviar is easier to build on.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what I have heard caviar is easier to build on.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Decks are the same just the cavier has coil guides
8fe550ca8ab607515f693bd1b4d7da72.jpg
7ed278a7ed1d6ed948576a90050fec19.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They will all be replaced today by the ones u sent me

I am sure the coil in the Molly is fine...just low pulse the gunk off...let it cool and if any gunk ends up in the deck, rinse out... Coils can last a really long time if cared/cleaned on the regular...

Longest lasting coils I've used was a set of Aliens I made...nearly 5 months in the Goon...Was a sad day when I pulled those and realized they were still perfectly fine.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Caviar is better. First it also has the nice SS cap. Second it has an easier build deck. It has grooves to direct the wire. Third the screws were changed to hex ... actually easier than the flat heads.

Mechman4Ev

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
57BF99C0-1D43-4ECE-9A5F-DB258A8AABF1.jpeg DC44614E-C4C7-49E2-B93E-A22F12A12A78.jpeg A8956C6F-2191-4C3C-B39F-593201EF630D.png 60F1FA5C-29AF-42E1-8F6D-6CA6747E91DC.jpeg My beauties:) Love them all. The Bolt V2 and Mölly have been upgraded to mm510 with large contact nuts and 22g solid silver contacts. The SQ is stock but works great as is. The Driptech triple and dual parallel setups are amazing and have battery life for days, low voltage drop and are machined/built just beautifully. Both have been upgraded with silicone bottles. The hard stock bottles that 528 customs chose for the Driptech’s are absolutely horrid. Quick little mod and the silicone bottles fit and seal as good, if not better, than the hard stock ones that feel like they’re going to crack on every squeeze. All mechs all the time, my poor therion bf has been sitting on the shelf for months.
:bunny:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No thanks! I'll make my own, for 6 cents per ml!

Andria
Mine figures out to .037/ml.
And it is a matter of making my own or not vaping and likely going back to smoking.
Many/most commercial ejuice causes moderate to severe allergic reactions to me.
Spent a fair bit of money and quite a bit of misery figuring that out.
Have not bought any commercial ejuice in over 2.5 years.
And will not take the chance on buying any more.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And it is a matter of making my own or not vaping and likely going back to smoking.
I away found most store bought irritated my throat too.
I wasn't sure if it was just mixed too strong or cheap nicotine base used but none where ever as smooth as my own mixes.
We dont even know if there using decent brand concentrate since a lot use white label companies to produce there juice with own branded labels ,
So started investing in many branded known concentrate s stock piling them
But always found an still do now im always 1 flavour missing new recipes ,
I've found some very nice flavour mixes i would of probably never of tried if buying .
I dont wana spend 20£ to not like a Flavour so tended to stick to what you know an tried before.

but diy ment i could do small samples to try at pennies which opened up my flavour ranges more.

I Was offered a job mixing for Frumist in Blackburn UK they own 5 shops locally an have there own line of juices sold within UK an over seas ,
Just before TDP landed they have there mixes done via a white label company using powders ? They said its cheaper that way,

produced at 9p per 10ml cost / then sell for 4.99£ they dont even know what goes into them.
Since they had pulled many of there range after TDP landed either failed tests or too much cost to test a wide range I don't know?

Blackburn Area has quite a few juice companies producing liquids that are shipped world wide from
Vampire vape , Totally wicked, Frumist ,Dinner ladys , UFO , budda juice , Zombie juice and others, all made in my area

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cost is one of the main reasons I got into DIY, that and not having to fear about running out of juice! So nice to see I’m low and spend a few minutes mixing up enough to last me a few weeks. Now I’m on a mission to find a nice tobacco recipe.

I’ve got nice one of you’re interested... I love it for MTL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Don't blame ya! For me, most commercial ejuice is just plain tasteless -- the reason my DIY is 6 cents per ml is because I use a lot of flavoring (and the shisha strawberry is on the pricey side). But I much prefer .06/ml that I can actually taste, than .25 or .50 per ml that has zero taste. And of course my breathing requires 85%-86% PG, and that simply cannot be found any longer, in commercial ejuice -- if I had to buy my ejuice, I too would have to stop vaping, because I simply cannot use more than 15% VG if I want to continue breathing! And that would most definitely mean going back to smoking.

Andria

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dear December Weather, Please understand not all of us like it to be 83* and <10% Humidity... please adjust to the regularly scheduled 74* and 45-55% humidity...

Thanks,

My Allergies

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dear December Weather, Please understand not all of us like it to be 83* and <10% Humidity... please adjust to the regularly scheduled 74* and 45-55% humidity...

Thanks,

My Allergies
The fucking brush fires! It's windy again. ....

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Thanks,

My Allergies

Come to Atlanta! :giggle: This was Friday:

snowinearlyDec2017-2.jpg

I understand that it was quite snowy as far south as Brownsville, TX. :sneaka:

Andria

DiggityDan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can anyone vouch me in on the peon group? This is my last must have!

ZoeyMonster

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cost is one of the main reasons I got into DIY, that and not having to fear about running out of juice! So nice to see I’m low and spend a few minutes mixing up enough to last me a few weeks. Now I’m on a mission to find a nice tobacco recipe.
I found a couple of tobacco flavors at BullCityFlavors in the community recipe pack section that are pretty good - The Obsidian (tastes like smoking with cookies if you like desert-ey vapes with a tobacco back beat. I had to tweak the recipe by deleting the supersweet and using Hangsen RY4 because its less floral than the TFA double RY4 the recipe calls for, and it works for me in both tanks and drippers in ADV heavy rotation.
Jsyk, my base is 60vg/40pg/5% nic. If you're feeling lazy, EcigExpress sells the concentrate for not much more than the individual flavors, if you don't need it the original recipe tweaked. Just squirt, shake, and steep in a crockpot of water or whatever your preferred method. I've noticed tobacco recipes especially need a good long time to steep for the flavors to really develop. The only other easy mix 'backy recipe I've tried was 4star general concentrate from MFS, but at almost a buck a ml, it's out of budget for a decent RYwhatever. It needed a longgg steep.
Another in those Community recipe packs from BCF is Creamy Cuban, which pretty much describes it. Smooth mellow cigar-ey taste with a creamy finish. Good stuff!
*standard disclaimer: all flavor is subjective, YMMV, blah blah blah ;)

VU Sponsors