Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The problem @AndriaD would have with it is that it doesn't go below 10w.
I thought The Wraith went as low as 1watt.
Pretty certain the DripBox 2 goes down to 5watts.
I'll check mine later as it is still on my bedside table.
I'm doing some MTL today so I got my Eleaf iStick TC40W & Aspire Nautilus combo rocking at 14watts.
Filled her up with some want2vape (PURE smoke) & life is blissful again.

http://www.want2vape.com/PURE-Smoke_p_135.html

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keep an eye on that little bottle door! That little :poop: comes loose if you look at it...or damn near. I lost one in the first week or so. The mod still works!
I went to my friends place and got him to put in some slightly stronger magnets...Cheers!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haven't tried it yet I'm currently having a massive (SWEET TOOTH) moment.
So I'm vaping bakery and dessert stuff with some want2vape (PURE smoke) added for good measure.

That raspberry lemonade is SWEET or at least to me it was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There will be more squonkers coming out next year.
Have patience Grasshopper.

maybe. But I really love the way the Inbox looks, and I think the location of the squonk hole would also suit me, since I often vape left-handed. I love that deep rich red -- like the deep rich red of my Minibook. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
HCR-INB10-2T.jpg
HCRMRS-2.jpg

Alright you choose

The Inbox's red is MUCH better, very rich. The RSQ's red is as insipid as "Ford red," washed out and anemic and blah... and I think the RSQ is too small for me, as the Pico is too small for me.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
DripBox 2 is going to be way easier to use and goes from 5 to 80 watts in 0.1 watt increments.I'm loving mine if you couldn't already tell.

I've got a DB160 that was PIFed to me, and the problem with those is that damn 510 isn't spring-loaded, it's a huge PITA -- did you see the huge gap between the mod and my magma when I posted a pic>? That gap was because I had to use a huge fucking long squonk pin just to reach the 510 on that thing! NO THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! Also, the bottles in those taste like t-total SHIT after the juice sits in them for a while.... again, NO THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

raineysky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think 2017 will go down in the vaping world as being the year of fake carbon fiber. Tragic. Much like bell-sleeved shirts of the 70's :)

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok I am certain my Arthritic hands says I am done for the day...

2.5mm+ coils I can tension fairly well...micro coils make the hands hurt.

Nothing fancy made just fused...

2-sets made for a Haku and Flave

Set of each for a Goon and Apocalypse (pre-bent)

Set for Dead Rabbit(straight)

2 sets of single claptons for a Kayfun V4 (regulated)

1 pair micro coils for Kayfun v4 mech (used as pair)

Never built a Kayfun, so assuming higher ohms, left the legs long so you can wrap around rather than through.

b9733a1a642cb2fbb38b52b68d537af6.jpg

These will be mailed out tomorrow, post office is open, but mailing today or tomorrow = same delivery time since last pick up was at 2pm

Stockton CA bound

Duuuude.. Suh-weetness!
I knew there was a reason my ears were ringing. ; )) Mann I didn't know you have arthritis too, or maybe you mean NOW you do : P
Just waking up, starting work in an hour, will drop yer a proper message on my lunch.
You da man
:shades:
Thanks!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought The Wraith went as low as 1watt.
Pretty certain the DripBox 2 goes down to 5watts.
I'll check mine later as it is still on my bedside table.
I'm doing some MTL today so I got my Eleaf iStick TC40W & Aspire Nautilus combo rocking at 14watts.
Filled her up with some want2vape (PURE smoke) & life is blissful again.

http://www.want2vape.com/PURE-Smoke_p_135.html
Yep Dripbox2 goes down to 5 watts.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With these awesome refill bottles we have now, 5 ml isn't.a such a big deal

But to each his own -
I agree,but the bottle is very easy to pull out and refill as well.I've been using mine for close to a week and love it.For anyone who liked the original Fuchai 213,this is almost identical in size,maybe a mm wider front to back,but same height and width,same screen as well.Just like with most kit rda's,the one in this kit is horrible haha,but the mod is well worth getting.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've got a DB160 that was PIFed to me, and the problem with those is that damn 510 isn't spring-loaded, it's a huge PITA -- did you see the huge gap between the mod and my magma when I posted a pic>? That gap was because I had to use a huge fucking long squonk pin just to reach the 510 on that thing! NO THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! Also, the bottles in those taste like t-total SHIT after the juice sits in them for a while.... again, NO THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Andria
Some more bad news then, the inbox has a fixed/ non adjustable 510 just like the db 160.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I think 2017 will go down in the vaping world as being the year of fake carbon fiber. Tragic. Much like bell-sleeved shirts of the 70's :)
Got plenty of real deal carbon fiber over here if ya need any Also have carbon Kevlar for that black and gold

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I agree,but the bottle is very easy to pull out and refill as well.I've been using mine for close to a week and love it.For anyone who liked the original Fuchai 213,this is almost identical in size,maybe a mm wider front to back,but same height and width,same screen as well.Just like with most kit rda's,the one in this kit is horrible haha,but the mod is well worth getting.
I use almost all unicorn bottles and I just snip a tiny bit of the tip and use the bottles to refill. Little bit of pressure works wonders
There's a few places on fb selling derlin tips to go on unicorn bottles as well.

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Picked up a Gas Mods Nixon yesterday, decided to try it on my Dos Equis :) Its a pretty tight draw for me (even wide open) compared to what I normally vape but the flavor is quite wonderful.

Wasn't sure if I like the concept of squonking into a 2ml reservoir (kinda defeats the purpose of a fresh squonk per vape) but after using it a bit I'm diggin it. Once my RSQ comes in I think it's gonna find a home on that mod instead of this mech :)

6x84ch5n6xhe2n46g.jpg

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
If yours is fixed it's broke.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
It may be, thing doesn’t move, tightened attys so hard thought I was going to break something and no give. Well good to hear others are spring loaded, that was one of my major cons with the device.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Picked up a Gas Mods Nixon yesterday, decided to try it on my Dos Equis :) Its a pretty tight draw for me (even wide open) compared to what I normally vape but the flavor is quite wonderful.

Wasn't sure if I like the concept of squonking into a 2ml reservoir (kinda defeats the purpose of a fresh squonk per vape) but after using it a bit I'm diggin it. Once my RSQ comes in I think it's gonna find a home on that mod instead of this mech :)

6x84ch5n6xhe2n46g.jpg

The RSQ and Nixon 1.5 is the same exact setup I have in mind. Happy to hear it’s a worthwhile atty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The RSQ and Nixon 1.5 is the same exact setup I have in mind. Happy to hear it’s a worthwhile atty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When I picked up the Nixon yesterday from @inswva he had one of those RSQ's and I got to handle it for a bit. It's a really tiny regulated squonker and I couldn't believe that they were able to pack a chip into that small a mod. Of course once I seen it I wanted one and found them at Vape Royality on sale for around $65. Not too shabby a price for a tiny regulated squonk mod.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Ok I am certain my Arthritic hands says I am done for the day...

2.5mm+ coils I can tension fairly well...micro coils make the hands hurt.

Nothing fancy made just fused...

2-sets made for a Haku and Flave

Set of each for a Goon and Apocalypse (pre-bent)

Set for Dead Rabbit(straight)

2 sets of single claptons for a Kayfun V4 (regulated)

1 pair micro coils for Kayfun v4 mech (used as pair)

Never built a Kayfun, so assuming higher ohms, left the legs long so you can wrap around rather than through.

b9733a1a642cb2fbb38b52b68d537af6.jpg

These will be mailed out tomorrow, post office is open, but mailing today or tomorrow = same delivery time since last pick up was at 2pm

Stockton CA bound

Dude I've been trying to teach myself aliens for a couple days now and I'm failing miserably! I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dude I've been trying to teach myself aliens for a couple days now and I'm failing miserably! I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong

I'd start off by only doing 6" runs max... when it comes to stretching the decore out...do it til you feel the tiniest resistance.

If your cores are collapsing still... to much tension when wrapping. or you didn't stretch the cores enough, which is causing the cores to collapse

If you get the stretch right...you can almost just lead the wrap when spinning... if the stretch isn't enough...you can put tension but this causes problems if you didn't stabilize the cores...

I think I blazed through at least 1000' of 36g wire and nearly 250' of 26g before I could successfully make an Alien...and I still mess them up (85% success rate )

To me I think the stretch is more important to get right than the stabilized cores, although both are pretty important.

I think I can up my success rate with a better swivel 3d printed ball bearing thingymabob... yeah I think I am going to buy one now...

EDIT: something similar to this jobby...
upload_2017-12-14_6-21-57.png

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd start off by only doing 6" runs max... when it comes to stretching the decore out...do it til you feel the tiniest resistance.

If your cores are collapsing still... to much tension when wrapping. or you didn't stretch the cores enough, which is causing the cores to collapse

If you get the stretch right...you can almost just lead the wrap when spinning... if the stretch isn't enough...you can put tension but this causes problems if you didn't stabilize the cores...

I think I blazed through at least 1000' of 36g wire and nearly 250' of 26g before I could successfully make an Alien...and I still mess them up (85% success rate )

To me I think the stretch is more important to get right than the stabilized cores, although both are pretty important.

I think I can up my success rate with a better swivel 3d printed ball bearing thingymabob... yeah I think I am going to buy one now...

View attachment 98695
My question is are they better than plain fused or just prettier?

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
They are pretty and fun to make, made a few but got tired of all the claptoning/decoring/stretching/reverse re-claptoning, and wasting wire especially when it breaks during the stretch so just do triple core fused or staged fused instead if I want 3 cores.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

View attachment 98695

I just attached a heavy duty fishing swivel to some wood. Same idea but in sure these will fail a lot quicker then that thingymabob lol. So the 3 cores need to stay side by side correct? Like flat? Ive been trying to use a key ring for that with little success.
At least it's been a lot faster and easier to make fused claptons.
a87d8ad076857f5bd02a330f2cb8a26e.jpg
cdc4295ab923ee6e4a2b0b4921bbe572.jpg

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Imo just prettier and more challenging to make. That's mainly why I'm doing it for the challenge. Eerks me that there's something Im not able to complete. Then again I really haven't been building coils long. Lol my parrallel round wire builds work great. I like the claptons a little better then pain round wire but only if they're quality built.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

For their difficulty they are only slightly better than a dual core fused... imo...

I just attached a heavy duty fishing swivel to some wood. Same idea but in sure these will fail a lot quicker then that thingymabob lol. So the 3 cores need to stay side by side correct? Like flat? Ive been trying to use a key ring for that with little success.
At least it's been a lot faster and easier to make fused claptons.
a87d8ad076857f5bd02a330f2cb8a26e.jpg
cdc4295ab923ee6e4a2b0b4921bbe572.jpg

I use the same type of swivel currently...but I triple them up...reasoning behind this is you're distributing the tension over 3 and for possible failure of one ( 1 is none, 2 is one, 3 is 2 ;) ) I also flatten the curvature of the swivel clasp so when I attach the cores they begin flat... additionally I also use lets say 10 inches of triple wire to make 6 inches of Alien... 2 inches on either end are taped flat... bend the one end to fit into the swivel...other end is on a vise. ;)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Like this...

3c7a0651d0cb1ea0308b23bbe6647003.jpg
7640c92f9c0a294519c22caefe80be95.jpg

Edit: I can't make 12"+ runs... I end up wasting wire...but I can make 6" runs really well lol So I go with what works...Fused dual cores... all day on the DeWalt impact at full speed. Use my shitty Ryobi pictured above with the vise for Aliens ;)

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Better than vape mail!

I found a 30ml bottle of Yaeliq Israel Captain that I lost in the car 8 months ago. Well steeped I put fresh Rayon in the Resurrection V1 and filled the bottle of the Wraith.

Yummy!
Israel Captain and Turkish Tobacco are excellent from Yaeliq, I be needing more of this!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is the first I had heard of a Hugo Squeezer...

Of course I have pretty much given up trrying to keep up with all the new Mods and attys coming out.

Just far too many to track this past year.
I could keep up the year before but now it is 3-6 new attys per week and seems to be as many mods as well.

My mental market saturation point has been passed.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Like this...

3c7a0651d0cb1ea0308b23bbe6647003.jpg
7640c92f9c0a294519c22caefe80be95.jpg

Edit: I can't make 12"+ runs... I end up wasting wire...but I can make 6" runs really well lol So I go with what works...Fused dual cores... all day on the DeWalt impact at full speed. Use my shitty Ryobi pictured above with the vise for Aliens ;)

Hopefully I can remember all the questions at once.
Do you use the same gauge as one of your alien cores to wrap the initial clapton? Also do you try to stay 10g apart? 24g cores 34g wrap? Is one wire easier to work with? Been using N80 but think I'm gonna use kanthal since I have a bunch I never use.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And on that note just watched a look at a new expensive Delrin squonker on Todds Reviews.
Yet another little plastic squonker....
KLIKA mod. $181 USD I think.

VU Sponsors