Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stop makeing excuses silver hits harder

Edit: I do feel a little better

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the one on the right. I don't like seeing the inside of mods, it's like a lady all dressed up in a transparent dress showing all the Spanx and misc. other foundation garments she has on underneath -- those garments make one's shape nice, but they aren't much to look at just for themselves.

Andria
Well hmm i may not mind hahaha

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well in jest...he can now say, "Silver hits harder"

But could also be I haven't cleaned the contacts on my Mölly in about 3 weeks

I think I'll clean them tomorrow

Well if ur gonna mistreat molly "she dont like that " u can sign her over to me ill pay for her mail ride over to myself

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well if ur gonna mistreat molly "she dont like that " u can sign her over to me ill pay for her mail ride over to myself

The best the Molly has ever hit via that lil meter was 3.80 and that was after a complete tear down of the 510, DeOxit gold every where there was a connection and a polish on the copper.

I'm ok with a .03v drop dirty

Plus the Neo doesn't have pure silver contacts, nor are the ones Dustin sells pure silver...most are silver plated something or other....very few mods come with .999 silver contact..

Only know of one guy making them in .999

https://www.facebook.com/groups/420214528357372/

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The best the Molly has ever hit via that lil meter was 3.80 and that was after a complete tear down of the 510, DeOxit gold every where there was a connection and a polish on the copper.

Plus the Neo doesn't have pure silver contacts, nor are the ones Dustin sells pure silver...most are silver plated something or other....very few mods come with .999 silver contact..

But how much was voltage sag/drop in the battery?

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

What is tempered solid silver

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Take a look at SV mods! Fine silver, MOSFET......

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is very nice but the s21 has a partial frontal squonk. Not crazy about side squonks, sorry!

I meant it has a hole on both sides with a bridge.
e1f077cfa3f81b3b0467ea9d51d7d8c2.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am prolly wrong but I thought you had to alloy something in to harden silver?

I'm pretty sure you can only work harden pure silver(still pretty soft compared sterling) and yes you have to introduce another metal to harden silver...

I like my silver plated whatever beryllium copper whatever whatever metal is in my Neo

Got the mod due to the way it looks and the silver plated whatever's was for cleaning purposes

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm pretty sure you can only work harden pure silver(still pretty soft compared sterling) and yes you have to introduce another metal to harden silver...

I like my silver plated whatever beryllium copper whatever whatever metal is in my Neo

Got the mod due to the way it looks and the silver plated whatever's was for cleaning purposes

Ohh silver contacts beats copper or brass hands down on the maintenance/reliability angle.
But not a big difference if the copper/brass is cleaned up nicely.
You just have to clean it a LOT more than the silver.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You can heat harden fine silver (sort of) but you need a kiln and very precise temperatures, but even then it doesn't reach the "hardiness" sterling silver does.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good luck with that! It is a tough bastard....at least it was way back!
Yep about 20 some years ago networking certs was a pain...

Tried to forget most of that stuff for the last 17 years.

Remote tested software up till about 6 years ago.

Then took a job at Lowes where I learned to hate people :)
Did not want to drive an hour each way for a decent tech job.
Lowes was close.

Then retired.

I like retirement best
:bliss:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's it! I'm done with work until Jan 8th!
My son and I are gonna have a blast over the next 3 weeks! He's 9 yrs old so I'm getting to re-live my childhood a bit at 52. Games, movies, and shooting guns at the farm. This is gonna be a fun Christmas
cf0189cdbbd989de56ee93f11be4ba5f.jpg

As for the Toaster V3 it's an original by Mark himself. The V3 isn't available on shapeways yet.
The alumide will dye, but it doesn't take as good as the nylon. If you dye the alumide black it will likely look similar to the Tiki above. It is a great mod but I wanted a specific color so I'm gonna have Mark make me a nylon one.

Sent from the Twilight Zone!
Have a great time. It never seems to last long enough spending time with the kids. My oldest turns 18 in two weeks. Time flys and I forgot where it was going. Ha ha

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
But not a big difference if the copper/brass is cleaned up nicely.
You just have to clean it a LOT more than the silver.

Sorry but silver contacts respond faster and the vape is more responsive - until you have actually vaped copper vs silver side by side the difference is only theoretical - and its easy to say the difference is minimal if you haven't actually done it

Even silver plate is more responsive

Andria can tell a difference between 9.5 and 9.6 on a regulated mod; I can tell a difference between copper and silver on a mech

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry but silver contacts respond faster and the vape is more responsive - until you have actually vaped copper vs silver side by side the difference is only theoretical - and its easy to say the difference is minimal if you haven't actually done it

Even silver plate is more responsive

Andria can tell a difference between 9.5 and 9.6 on a regulated mod; I can tell a difference between copper and silver on a mech
Me too@ Silver is more expensive:confused:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey, what do you clean the silver/silver plating with?

I treat it the same as copper - routinely clean with vodka and monthly or so, a swipe with DeoxIT

VU Sponsors