Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Woot!
7f86c091777478cc4f516ab048b13914.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The best the Molly has ever hit via that lil meter was 3.80 and that was after a complete tear down of the 510, DeOxit gold every where there was a connection and a polish on the copper.

I'm ok with a .03v drop dirty

Plus the Neo doesn't have pure silver contacts, nor are the ones Dustin sells pure silver...most are silver plated something or other....very few mods come with .999 silver contact..

Only know of one guy making them in .999

https://www.facebook.com/groups/420214528357372/
Pretty sure jiL just stated making .999 contacts?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pretty sure jiL just started making .999 contacts?

Good to know, thanks.

Edit: Yup just got done chatting with Jose... .999 Silver contacts... In house water cut... also got him to chat about his mod he is making ;) he showed me some Protos and a video... looks really interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry but silver contacts respond faster and the vape is more responsive - until you have actually vaped copper vs silver side by side the difference is only theoretical - and its easy to say the difference is minimal if you haven't actually done it

Even silver plate is more responsive

Andria can tell a difference between 9.5 and 9.6 on a regulated mod; I can tell a difference between copper and silver on a mech
Never argue with a woman lol

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

nellytron

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
I loved my BB jeans. Get a little embarrassed when I see old pics where I'm sporting Bell Sleeve shirts though....And with a vest no less. Tragic

Pinch the lock switch, clean the battery contacts, and use simple wire builds around .2ish

Pretty much what I’ve done, but no joy. :( Thanks for replying

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really pretty easy to electroplate. Especially if you are not going for a mirror finish or anything like that.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Good to know, thanks.

Edit: Yup just got done chatting with Jose... .999 Silver contacts... In house water cut... also got him to chat about his mod he is making ;) he showed me some Protos and a video... looks really interesting

Yup we talked about it last week when I bought his mod

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Sorry but silver contacts respond faster and the vape is more responsive - until you have actually vaped copper vs silver side by side the difference is only theoretical - and its easy to say the difference is minimal if you haven't actually done it

Even silver plate is more responsive

Andria can tell a difference between 9.5 and 9.6 on a regulated mod; I can tell a difference between copper and silver on a mech
I agree and was only joking above. I said significant because I think the difference is to small to care about for most people. But I prefer silver and also think any mech that cost a premium price($200 or more I guess) should have pure silver contacts period.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Absolutely -- when you vape at such extremely low power, TINY differences are very noticeable. I can tell a BIG diff between 28ga and 29ga wire too, though less of a diff between 29ga and 30ga.

Hey, @SirVtHondaGuy08 was mentioning school... my son got his final grades yesterday for his first semester... 4.0 across the board! Even the composition class he hated. :giggle: I told him, an electrical engineer who can also write well has a SERIOUS leg up on all the other elec engineers!

Andria

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I cleaned the Neo and Mölly

So there are new voltages...nothing OMG YES different...but figured to share

45ebe57d3163c2b8df2c4a0345afb0b0.jpg

Neo 3.82 to 3.85 (+0.85w)

b5a7765f35f44a7ea0c902e29262b0f3.jpg

Mölly 3.77 to 3.8 (+0.84w)

Yeah that was worth the 20 minutes to tear down, clean, Polish and add DeOxit Gold :sarcasm:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I cleaned the Neo and Mölly

So there are new voltages...nothing OMG YES different...but figured to share

45ebe57d3163c2b8df2c4a0345afb0b0.jpg

Neo 3.82 to 3.85 (+0.85w)

b5a7765f35f44a7ea0c902e29262b0f3.jpg

Mölly 3.77 to 3.8 (+0.84w)

Yeah that was worth the 20 minutes to tear down, clean, Polish and add DeOxit Gold :sarcasm:

It takes me longer than that just to find the tools I need after "someone " cleans my table:confused:

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have got to stop going to the vape shop before Christmas :gaah:

They just got this Geek vapes Athena squonker in today and since I'm a sucker for metal squonkers it went home with me .......
I needed another mod like I need another hole in my head :headbang:

9957a8odvr92ofs6g.jpg

izacic93dp241716g.jpg

ezqb83hql6s0nb46g.jpg

......no regrets tho :D
I do that almost every time I go to the vape shop. The good thing is that I do love it once I get it. :)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:D I lied its the middle one ;)

The Cruiser arrived today from @derrickfosgate ( Thank you ) slapped my go to build in ( After a thorough cleaning @jmoney426 ) ... and perfect.

Good call, brother. Good call. I’d be curious of your opinion on the Cruiser versus the Phenom, if there’s any differences at all other than the extra space in the deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good call, brother. Good call. I’d be curious of your opinion on the Cruiser versus the Phenom, if there’s any differences at all other than the extra space in the deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

None that I can easily discern... I'll finish the 1/3 bottle left and run both of the same juices and see if the crap they said about flavor notes being different is a thing or just nonsense. Exact same build are in all 3...

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

They just got this Geek vapes Athena squonker in today and since I'm a sucker for metal squonkers it went home with me .......

9957a8odvr92ofs6g.jpg

izacic93dp241716g.jpg

ezqb83hql6s0nb46g.jpg

Hold it! That's not a Nuppin topper!:vino: Nice mod though! Enjoy :cheers:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

9957a8odvr92ofs6g.jpg

izacic93dp241716g.jpg

ezqb83hql6s0nb46g.jpg

Is it worth it? First impressions....

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it worth it? First impressions....

I'm a sucker for metal squonkers and the build quality of this mod is quite nice. Form factor is similar to the 3D printed squonking craze going on right now but has the durability of being metal. It does feel a little edgy on the corners but not sharp when you hold it. Both covers come off the front and back so getting the battery out is easy on it. The contacts are well insulated and the button throw feels quite smooth.

The rda is also a pleasant surprise. The wicks have a nice place to tuck into the deck and it squonks quite well. The airflow is massive wide open so low ohm Clapton's will have plenty of air to keep them rocking with this one.

Overall I'm quite pleased with the purchase and being only $60 for the kit I can't really complain :)

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a sucker for metal squonkers and the build quality of this mod is quite nice. Form factor is similar to the 3D printed squonking craze going on right now but has the durability of being metal. It does feel a little edgy on the corners but not sharp when you hold it. Both covers come off the front and back so getting the battery out is easy on it. The contacts are well insulated and the button throw feels quite smooth.

The rda is also a pleasant surprise. Channels the air from the top down the top cap and flows thru some deck channels to give a bottom/side airflow to the coil. The wicks have a nice place to tuck into the deck and it squonks quite well. The airflow is massive wide open so low ohm Clapton's will have plenty of air to keep them rocking with this one.

Overall I'm quite pleased with the purchase and being only $60 for the kit I can't really complain :)
Thank you for the synapsis. I guess I'm missing on the whole mech squonk movement, but there are a few regulated mods trickling in every now and again. Now, if they ever got it right and place the squonk hole in the front.....

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It takes me longer than that just to find the tools I need after "someone " cleans my table:confused:

All my Vape stuff is in my desk drawers within an arm reach...

d8cf0f2acc049f2287c0851aed47663e.jpg

Middle drawer - mostly juice and flavorings

58ac8340360fb71bcb92f07c648403cf.jpg

Top drawer - Mostly misc wire and a few hand tools and stuff to service the mechs

Bottom drawer just has my 2 drills, battery chargers for the drills, and vise and clamps and the vg/pg bottles

Desk is a nice size 4x6 which my computer is at

ebecd4714b8110cadde4be774689e49a.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All my Vape stuff is in my desk drawers within an arm reach...

d8cf0f2acc049f2287c0851aed47663e.jpg

Middle drawer - mostly juice and flavorings

58ac8340360fb71bcb92f07c648403cf.jpg

Top drawer - Mostly misc wire and a few hand tools and stuff to service the mechs

Bottom drawer just has my 2 drills, battery chargers for the drills, and vise and clamps and the vg/pg bottles

Desk is a nice size 4x6 which my computer is at

ebecd4714b8110cadde4be774689e49a.jpg

OK, now tell the truth! How long did it take you to clean up before you took the pictures?:vino:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK, now tell the truth! How long did it take you to clean up before you took the pictures?:vino:

That is actually how it is most of the time...I hate clutter.

When I was still in the field I used to rag on my apprentices and some journeymen about keeping a clean working environment to many injuries over the years from messy job sites.

Blame my Filipina mother for always whipping my ass about shit not being in its place and not being spotless lol...sucked as a kid with toys...

DONOVAN!!! HALIKA DITO! if the first words I answered with weren't YES or Coming... ass whipped on top of the ass whip for whatever she called me for lol

45 years old and when she visits and calls my name. " Yes Momma"

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a never clean mech.
A Kato 18650 clone.
Been using for 2 years off and on and have NEVER cleaned the first contact on it and it still hits great everytime.
Never even polished the outside either.

Got 2 of them for $10 each and they are the best mechs I have.
Remind me to mug you for 1 of those.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's it! I'm done with work until Jan 8th!
My son and I are gonna have a blast over the next 3 weeks! He's 9 yrs old so I'm getting to re-live my childhood a bit at 52. Games, movies, and shooting guns at the farm. This is gonna be a fun Christmas
cf0189cdbbd989de56ee93f11be4ba5f.jpg

As for the Toaster V3 it's an original by Mark himself. The V3 isn't available on shapeways yet.
The alumide will dye, but it doesn't take as good as the nylon. If you dye the alumide black it will likely look similar to the Tiki above. It is a great mod but I wanted a specific color so I'm gonna have Mark make me a nylon one.

Sent from the Twilight Zone!
Have fun with the kid and the plinking.

VU Sponsors