Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Afternoon bonkers, in an ill mood. Changed my transmission fluid/filter in my old 02 work truck because metal shavings had stopped my filter completely off, now it’s slipping so bad it wouldn’t pull a greasy string out of a cat’s ass. Time to look for something else to drive to work while I fix it.
I like SS in a mech.
Fast ramp up and then as the coil heats and the resistance rises it backs off just a bit.
My favorite metal as well. More bad news Atomizer wick just let me know that they only have one of the 500ft spools of 38g 317L I ordered. Good news the one they do have they are giving to me for 25% off.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Curious if anyone ever changed the mosfet in a pico to one that isn't limited to 50w ;)

View attachment 100514

It looks to be a standard center button mosfet in 16x16

Similar to the Bomber Pro ;)

View attachment 100515

Lower profile firing button compared to the switchfet V2

View attachment 100516

which is 13x13

The Chip for the Pico sits between the battery tube and bottle feed area on a perch and the button like so...

View attachment 100517

Not that 50w isn't enough for me.

Guess I'll do some google digging to see if anyone has done this lol
Francis from Big Al's Mods is releasing a 40A switch FET board with some features (4 click on/off, 8 second time out, reverse polarity protection etc) designed for a 1S mod.

Tiny and looks good!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1689646494646924/permalink/2035332926744944/

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You knoow...I keep looking at those things and I saw the word POT, which took a split second to click it is short for a potentiometer of some sort not the hops cousin! I have no inkling of an idea how to build a mod around that.....
Pretty much like using any other regulated board in a mod.
It has potential.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks a whole bunch! I read a bit about them and now I'm dizzy!:sad::wait: I'll just let someone else deal with that.
Pwm is just like a switchfet except it is like hitting the switch thousands of times a second.
The potentiometer controls that turning on and off the mosfet. Which varies the effective power to the coil.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
happy with my mods [2x tmod dually, 1x SV MOSFET series, 2 (inc incoming) DNA75 BAM]

happy with my RDA [3x stumpy, 2 x wasp, 1x 24mm pulse for series]

happy with rayon wick

happy with mech builds

so now, gunna invest in tweaking my regulated builds

have ordered some 26*2/36 and 28*2/36 fused wires to start. Haven't tried fused yet

i have the avidartisan doohiky, but haven't tried it yet. Like @BrewBear , i just bought the jig. Thinking my dremel clone will be better than a hammer drill lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
happy with my mods [2x tmod dually, 1x SV MOSFET series, 2 (inc incoming) DNA75 BAM]

happy with my RDA [3x stumpy, 2 x wasp, 1x 24mm pulse for series]

happy with rayon wick

happy with mech builds

so now, gunna invest in tweaking my regulated builds

have ordered some 26*2/36 and 28*2/36 fused wires to start. Haven't tried fused yet

i have the avidartisan doohiky, but haven't tried it yet. Like @BrewBear , i just bought the jig. Thinking my dremel clone will be better than a hammer drill lol
You mean you haven't tried the Haku?

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I thought it was odd having a day off today, then I get the other-shoe email that we are starting a massive project on Monday for a launch in France end of May while I'm over there.
Exciting but oof.
So I'm streamlining myself again and as a result I'm gonna say goodbye to y'all. Love VU but it's too fun & distracting for me."I'll just check the forum real quick" ends up "where the fcuk did those 3 hours go"
Hope to check back in a couple months when I'm out of the hectic process.
Have a blast mates.
Spend money.
Squonk ON!
Cheers
I get it, that's why I only check here now. Once in awhile I'll stop in the hardware section but that's it I don't look anywhere else.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
did you quote the wrong post?

i have one, don't like it. Reminds me of vaping a tank instead of RDA with the way the AFC constricts
No, I quoted you! I actually like the Haku, I have a fused clapton 430 SS coil and in TC, it is very nice.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
how you finding your new stumpy?

god's design for RDA, as nature intended RDA to be IMO
Bear likes!!!! I think I need a couple more of them!
I use just one hole open on the Stumpy, I just noticed you have the af completely open. No wonder the Haku is restricted for you.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bear likes!!!! I think I need a couple more of them!
I use just one hole open on the Stumpy, I just noticed you have the af completely open. No wonder the Haku is restricted for you.
No. Different to restricted.

Restricted is an OG cyclone.

Haku has enough air. It just moves wrong. The way it goes through a tube kinda in the post? If it had the same size holes, without the 2017 trendy funky channelling it could be good.

Very different feel going through a 1mm cap to open space, compared to 5mm through a post

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Get a Chemex and
you'll toss that French Press.

Will have to try one of those eventually.

Sanity is
overrated...Cheers!

So is reality but it ain't like anybody is going to meme that 1...Oh
wait!

Will stand or sit gracefully upon shoulders greater than my own,
borrowing some priceless wisdom. :)

“What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?”
― Ursula K. Le Guin

“My imagination makes me human and makes me a fool; it gives me all the world and exiles me from it.”
― Ursula K. Le Guin

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got a 528 three battery on the way now. Will stick a /Goon on top just because but I have a feeling I'm going to find it is a bit too large for me. I don't have big ol' hands.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Got a 528 three battery on the way now. Will stick a /Goon on top just because but I have a feeling I'm going to find it is a bit too large for me. I don't have big ol' hands.

Proving Dog's theory once again!

VU Sponsors