Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey mi amigos, I have a Tsunami 24. Love it. Anyone have a troll v2? Come with a pin? Like it?

Troll v2 does not come with a pin. It can, however, be converted by drilling through the base (I used a 5/64 bit) & using the pin from the Sapor BF kit (the pin is reverse threaded, so a FD pin won't work)

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
On another note. I finally stripped out the junk inside one of the attys that came with a Dripbox.
Put 2 10/9 wrap 2.5 mm 26ga SS 316L spaced coils in there raise up to the top of the velocity style posts so as to catch the side airflow right.
Vaping in TC mode and it is not bad. Not great but not bad and you would have to work to flood that sucker. The triple orings on the bottom seal nice and you would have to put 10 ml or so in there for it to flood out the airholes.

Again not great attys by any means, but useable yes.

Kinda humorous to see repeats of what one posts come up. But hey, if we didn't reinvent the wheel from time to time what would we have talk about. ;) And I do note spanky jerkoff "liking" any and every post that disputes my observations, too funny....

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kinda humorous to see repeats of what one posts come up. But hey, if we didn't reinvent the wheel from time to time what would we have talk about. ;) And I do note spanky jerkoff "liking" any and every post that disputes my observations, too funny....

You give yourself waaay to much credit. Nice try tho

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seen Goon LP reviews studied the pics. Don't want one.
The standard Goon is nice just don't see the purpose in the LP though.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Seen Goon LP reviews studied the pics. Don't want one.
The standard Goon is nice just don't see the purpose in the LP though.

I didn't either - until hearing creditable reports on improved flavor from the LP

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The top cap is out of true and will no longer fit on the deck
Is it possible to be caused by heat distortion?

SXK BF-99 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
18mm, SS, Silver (SXK) / SKU: 6463900
Yup! Got one of them on the same order with the brass CV!

just by sucking on it it may well be a nirvana item for those that like butthole tight draws
That there statement could lead to a whole other topic/activity:teehee:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Is it possible to be caused by heat distortion?

Anything is possible , but I highly doubt it on this one

First, I only run a single coil at about .8 ohms on it

All I know is, I was vaping it just fine one morning, brought it with my carry on through TSA, got home that night to rewick and could hardly get the top cap off. Definitely can't get it back on.

I can easily see on the inside of the topcap that it is no longer perfectly round :(

It is one of the first Tobeco clones

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't either - until hearing creditable reports on improved flavor from the LP
Credible reports on improved flavor?
And you fell for them?

If the all the this atty has the best flavor yet were accurate we would be all using 1% flavor juice by now in the latest best flavor attys.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
14217cbb9bfb5f1a032f36bfcdfee730.jpg

This is what Aussies call "goon"

Cask wine.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Credible reports on improved flavor?
And you fell for them?

If the all the this atty has the best flavor yet were accurate we would be all using 1% flavor juice by now in the latest best flavor attys.

Some vapers have the same taste I do and I have learned to trust their opinions

Some I don't. That is why I do not and will not own a Wanko ;)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some vapers have the same taste I do and I have learned to trust their opinions

Some I don't. That is why I do not and will not own a Wanko ;)
Know anyone besides me who has put dual ss coils in a wanko?
They are crap with the snap in coils. But even though pretty good with dual spaced coils a bit airy for you.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh and a point on the Dripbox attys.
I realized that the attys that came on my Dripbox 160's are not like the one that came on my Dripbox 2.
The ones that came on the Dripbox 160's is not bad but the one that came on the Dripbox 2 is crap.
The difference is in the topcap and build deck.
The 160 attys had velocity styled posts and and the one that came on my DB2 has 2 reound posts with 1 hole in each and thumbscrews going down from the top.

Just_Calle

Member For 4 Years
So, squonking veterans...
Wraith or Therion
I'm leaning toward the wraith looks-wise.
This will be my first squonker of course. I'm willing to entertain another suggestion in the same price range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wraith or Therion
This will be my first squonker of course. I'm willing to entertain another suggestion in the same price range.

I have both, but haven't tried either one yet, going by looks and cost, I'd buy another Wraith.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lucy has a Wraith I think.
But since she speaks so poorly about the Wanko I have begun to doubt her judgement.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wraith or Therion

I think it really depends on what kind of performance you want from your atty. If you are really into TC or what as many controls as possible, go for the DNA. If you just want a good regulated vape, go for the Wraith.

I don't a squonker Therion (have a reg. one though) and it is a high quality mod - love it.

I finally used my Wraith when I took it on vaycay at Christmas. It never let me down - but used it in wattage mode only.

I have the VT75 by HCigar squonker - very decent DNA squonker

Just_Calle

Member For 4 Years
I think it really depends on what kind of performance you want from your atty. If you are really into TC or what as many controls as possible, go for the DNA. If you just want a good regulated vape, go for the Wraith.

I don't a squonker Therion (have a reg. one though) and it is a high quality mod - love it.

I finally used my Wraith when I took it on vaycay at Christmas. It never let me down - but used it in wattage mode only.

I have the VT75 by HCigar squonker - very decent DNA squonker

Exactly what I needed to know, thank you.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yum.
Not sure if it's just the fresh wick, or the tiny coil adjust I did, but this thing is vaping TASTY with a lovely draw now.
Wasn't thrilled initially, but now I'm digging it. Which is good, cuz it was friggin' expensive.
Just my usual dual 27 g kanthal build for about 0.45 ohms. Coils like 1mm above the air that's channeled directly UP at them, in this "GP Dripper".

It SOUNDS like a friggin' wind tunnel happening inside the atty, lol. But I'll deal with that to get thick flavor with some decent airflow.
I think it looks nice too.
:rolleyes:

gp-fresh.jpg

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yum.
Not sure if it's just the fresh wick, or the tiny coil adjust I did, but this thing is vaping TASTY with a lovely draw now.
Wasn't thrilled initially, but now I'm digging it. Which is good, cuz it was friggin' expensive.
Just my usual dual 27 g kanthal build for about 0.45 ohms. Coils like 1mm above the air that's channeled directly UP at them, in this "GP Dripper".

It SOUNDS like a friggin' wind tunnel happening inside the atty, lol. But I'll deal with that to get thick flavor with some decent airflow.
I think it looks nice too.
:rolleyes:

View attachment 71487
I do like the color coordination. What kind of burl is that?
Damn, now you've got me thinking of accumulating another atty.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone here know how is the draw on the Chalice 3?

Very, very tight but with amazing flavor

Was my favorite MTL until my lungs healed so well, I need a little more airy draw

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very, very tight but with amazing flavor
Was my favorite MTL until my lungs healed so well, I need a little more airy draw
Glad to hear your lungs healed! So what you're saying, it is worth the price tag, hmmm, good to know.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Glad to hear your lungs healed! So what you're saying, it is worth the price tag, hmmm, good to know.

It's super-tight by today's standards. Before biting, you might wanna try the RM2 - very similar vape and 2/3 less cost

It was the shit back in the day, though.

Just got an authentic Charm last week - I'm still getting to know it and don't think I'm getting the best out of it yet. Think it's more for the serious Mark Bugs fan than for general appeal.

Not sure how well it would clone

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get it, the RM2 is kinda', sorta',like the Origen Little 16mm, but you can adjust air flow in the Origen.

VU Sponsors